Newcomer / Intro Elite: Dangerous – a comprehensive beginner’s guide

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
EDITED 1 June 2019

It has taken me a little while — with real life and all that shizzle getting in the way (plus a holiday in Sciliy) — but I’ve now finished updating my Elite: Dangerous — A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to incorporate the changes from the April 2019 game update.

Behind the scenes, I’ve finally converted the guide to WordPress’ block editor (Gutenberg), which makes it a bit easier to manage the increasingly ridiculous size of the page — 36,000 words now plus around 130 images! Well, I suppose I’ve made my own bed …

o7

Last edited:
Howdy folks! I've now updated my ED beginners guide to reflect the changes and features introduced in Beyond Chapter 1 (3.0). I will continue to improve, correct and update it when necessary and when I have time :)

https://thecakeisaliegaming.wordpress.com/2015/01/25/getting-started-in-elite-dangerous-a-guide/

If you were able to put this into a downloadable PDF file that would be great. People could then load it in their tablet or phone at their leisure.

Good work, as always - REP.

If you were able to put this into a downloadable PDF file that would be great. People could then load it in their tablet or phone at their leisure.

That has been requested before. It would be a bit of work to do, because the text and images would need to be reformatted to suit a page layout. It's also easier to update and maintain in a purely web format. However, I'll look into when I've got a bit more time :)

Last edited:

Ive not read the guide yet but just saved it to bookmarks for easy access...

Could you not just make it available for offline so you can place it on the home screen of tablet/phone?

Ive not read the guide yet but just saved it to bookmarks for easy access...

Could you not just make it available for offline so you can place it on the home screen of tablet/phone?
I do keep getting asked this! When I have time, I'll look into creating a PDF version.

Wow, very nice guide - I just convinced my best friend to join me in ED - That's the perfect starter guide for hin. Also a few new things for an Veteran Player like me

A really nice, well thought out and well written guide.
As a new player, it's already answered a few questions I had.
Bookmarked for future reference (y)
Just landed on the doorstep of the ED universe - this guide is just what I needed. Thank you for your hard work on this!

Hope you guys are ready to lose a lot of your spare time in this amazing game, welcome. Lots of help on here if you need it, just post a thread in this forum with any questions.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom