Newcomer / Intro Elite: Dangerous – a comprehensive beginner’s guide

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It has taken me a little while — with real life and all that shizzle getting in the way (plus a holiday in Sciliy) — but I’ve now finished updating my Elite: Dangerous — A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to incorporate the changes from the April 2019 game update.

Behind the scenes, I’ve finally converted the guide to WordPress’ block editor (Gutenberg), which makes it a bit easier to manage the increasingly ridiculous size of the page — 36,000 words now plus around 130 images! Well, I suppose I’ve made my own bed …

o7

A big thank you for your guide and keeping it up to date. I find your guide a great resource, informing me about the fundamental aspects of the game in short time and inducing less paranoia than sifting through the forum. I also like how you point to new in-game help resources as well as to third parties'.
Maybe as a result of the conversion 'Click image for a larger version.' no longer throws me to the beginning of the document, which I appreciate very much.

A big thank you for your guide and keeping it up to date. I find your guide a great resource, informing me about the fundamental aspects of the game in short time and inducing less paranoia than sifting through the forum. I also like how you point to new in-game help resources as well as to third parties'.
Maybe as a result of the conversion 'Click image for a larger version.' no longer throws me to the beginning of the document, which I appreciate very much.
Thanks. Yeah, I set all the images to open in a new tab.

EDITED 1 June 2019

It has taken me a little while — with real life and all that shizzle getting in the way (plus a holiday in Sciliy) — but I’ve now finished updating my Elite: Dangerous — A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to incorporate the changes from the April 2019 game update.

Behind the scenes, I’ve finally converted the guide to WordPress’ block editor (Gutenberg), which makes it a bit easier to manage the increasingly ridiculous size of the page — 36,000 words now plus around 130 images! Well, I suppose I’ve made my own bed …

o7
Thanks loved this, very well written and thanks for keeping it up to date. Little worried by how much time I think this game could take up...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom