Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One 3.0

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What do you mean?

The threads that mention so many actions in the game, playing and working as intended, have become a no-no! Lucky I mostly trade, so I guess I wont be doing missions such as scanning any time soon.
Unless FD want to turn the game into a criminal free for all!

Passenger missions in Amun are 50% nerfed this way:
Mission reward is the same but passenger number per mission is about 200%,
Therefore my cabins are full with only 2-3 missions stacked instead of 4-5 before 3.0
Struggling to make 5MCr per run where 10MCr was pedestrian before,
OK I know that's life...
o7 CMDRS

I don't do passengers but checked their missions tonight.
I saw that to do huge-time missions with a reasonable distance would net less than my trade Python in an hour. (If I don't get interdicted I can make over 10 mil cr in an hour)
These prices could be system specific. I don't know.

And trade seems to be weird. 4500 tons to the next system can net as low as 600,00 cr. And (maybe) as high as 2 or 3 mil. How long to take that stuff in a 200 ton hold? Too damn long.
This thread is for 3.0, so I will mention that doing trade missions gives the option of getting up to 5 grade 3 mats. (there will be big variations in this. I did get 2 grade 5 mats once)

I don't do passengers but checked their missions tonight.
I saw that to do huge-time missions with a reasonable distance would net less than my trade Python in an hour. (If I don't get interdicted I can make over 10 mil cr in an hour)
These prices could be system specific. I don't know.

And trade seems to be weird. 4500 tons to the next system can net as low as 600,00 cr. And (maybe) as high as 2 or 3 mil. How long to take that stuff in a 200 ton hold? Too damn long.
This thread is for 3.0, so I will mention that doing trade missions gives the option of getting up to 5 grade 3 mats. (there will be big variations in this. I did get 2 grade 5 mats once)

But that trade mission is maybe 2-3 runs for a wing of heavy haulers, 8 for a wing of 200 tonne capacity ships which is probably too long for most of us.

Guys/Gals, Just because the one system you normally take passenger/cargo/etc missions from appears to be paying less, TODAY, doean't mean FD have 'nerfed' that thing across the whole game ... some days are better than others, things fluctuate. Elsewhere in the same game you're playing, others are making just as much and more doing those same mission types...

Guys/Gals, Just because the one system you normally take passenger/cargo/etc missions from appears to be paying less, TODAY, doean't mean FD have 'nerfed' that thing across the whole game ... some days are better than others, things fluctuate. Elsewhere in the same game you're playing, others are making just as much and more doing those same mission types...
And experience from previous updates, it takes a few days to a week for the mission servers to catch up. It's usually a bit crappy just after an upgrade or patch.

Anyone had issues with close binaries? I ended up between 2 yesterday (after flying though one of the stars!) and it got pretty toasty. I've posted a bug report as this hasn't happened during 2.4.

Uhh...passenger mission payouts were nerfed a good 200% you mean. I was making anywhere from 200-600k on tourist runs(non vip) for normal passenger trips, now the most i've seen if i'm lucky is 120k.

Anyone had issues with close binaries? I ended up between 2 yesterday (after flying though one of the stars!) and it got pretty toasty. I've posted a bug report as this hasn't happened during 2.4.

I had one too - I got that fuel scooping sound that gets the heart racing ;)

The drop in point was too far away before & the criteria has been tweaked. Hopefully it'll only drop you in a safer location if it's really dangerous now. The one I had woke me up a bit, but my ship wasn't actually at risk.

51 years old? Deserves well a little absence

;)
bonjour Patrick, actually we're 70; dated 3 years in High School, married when 20, and been together none stop since. Thanks for the Rep, back atcha. Post attempted to express my sincere appreciation for doing a great job; a habit I formed centuries ago and practice in both personal and professional circles--gives back more than you put in to it. FD upped their game and seems their players appreciated it. Next to the game I find reading these posts most helpful, which, I surmise is a result of the quality of gamers that are drawn to ED. Thanks for your posts as well, adds a lot to the player base, o7 Cmdr.

Well supply missions are also weird IMO:
Took a 7MCr wing mission consisting in sourcing 900t of tobacco,
Did this alone as it was just 2 round trips with my Cutter,
Then I've selected reward as "money + mats" option,
Final profit was 0Cr + 3 exquisite focus cristals...
I guess I am a very silly trader,
Luckily I did not need to split these 3 mats will wingmembers!
o7 CMDRS

And experience from previous updates, it takes a few days to a week for the mission servers to catch up. It's usually a bit crappy just after an upgrade or patch.

Hope so because yesterday was total crap too,
Time for me to travel to Colonia...
o7 CMDRS

I had one too - I got that fuel scooping sound that gets the heart racing ;)

The drop in point was too far away before & the criteria has been tweaked. Hopefully it'll only drop you in a safer location if it's really dangerous now. The one I had woke me up a bit, but my ship wasn't actually at risk.

Yeah. Seems far too close now. I'm checking the galaxy map before every jump!

It happened to me some weeks ago. Thus it doesn't seem to be specific for this patch.

Last edited:
I have been playing this game for over 13 weeks now and i do hope the new changes makes the payout a little better. Took me a week just to figure out everything about flying the ship. Took me over a month to get enough credits to buy a anaconda and that was with doing those 20 to 60 million dollar passenger runs that was a glitch which i didnt know about until all the suden i was only getting about a 5 to 10 million payout for 100 plus passengers no matter where i go or how far the trip is. and just now got almost everything grade 5 engineered. That is with me playing every day for about 8 hours a day as i am disabled. This is fine with me but does not work well for people who work and can only play for an hour or 2 at the most.

It is exactly that reason I love this game, that it takes that long to get anywhere in it. It took me a year to get my Anaconda, and I'm very glad it did. Players who grind like crazy just to get a ship, in my opinion, miss almost all the deep beauty of it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom