Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One 3.0

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hm, so this loss of the discard function is ok for encoded materials.

But what about raw materials, which often spawn while asteroid mining? What happens if you're full on Iron, and the asteroid you are mining spawns iron, and your limpet picks up the iron, and then sits there trying to stuff it into a full iron storage bin, and you have to wait for that limpet to expire before you can pop a new one out to go back to gathering ore fragments??

The material ignore function is a nice addition, but it requires proactive management of your materials. Worse, I can find no explicit list of materials which are ignored and which are not!

FDEV, willy-nilly changes to the UI like this are generally a bad idea!! Please, at least move the material ignore feature from CONTACTS (bad idea, extra steps to select, very frustrating), to the INVENTORY=>MATERIALS window.

The "Ignore" function, if I recall correctly from the beta will cause the limpet to discard the unwanted/full material and resume gathering things not being ignored.

Render
  • Prevent extremely bright lighting for some gas giants

Wait, what?
So hold on a second....

Basically that means the bright gas giants we've found that have very high surface temperatures (on the order of 7000K) and so therefore SHOULD actually be glowing bright white, have now been fixed so that they DON'T glow bright white.

Yet at the same time, planets like this one I found back in August 2015 (and submitted a bug report about the impossible stats and surface temperatures of such planets btw) which SHOULD be glowing (on account of it having an alleged surface temperature half as hot again as the boiling point of tungsten) still remain unfixed and also unglowy 3 years on?

Um...yeah. Makes perfect sense.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Option added so players can choose how flight controllers address them (Commander Name, Ship Name or Ship ID) when approaching a station

Does this actually work as ive tried all options and it dosnt make a difference they still address me using the random phonic letters etc.

Option added so players can choose how flight controllers address them (Commander Name, Ship Name or Ship ID) when approaching a station

Does this actually work as ive tried all options and it dosnt make a difference they still address me using the random phonic letters etc.

No matter which option you choose, it always uses only the first three characters to address you.

Thus if
Cmdr name : Big Jim
Ship name : The Mill
Callsign : BTM-74

flight controllers will address you as
Cmdr name : Bravo India Gold
Ship name : Tango Hotel Echo
Callsign : Bravo Tango Mike

It was never random. If you get really random, there is a problem.
Remember except what Maxine explains below, they also first call out your ships manufacturer then the three letters (for example "lakon november lima sierra").

Hello
- see revise system of fines (the aggressor who destroys a player has to pay vessels and or amends cargoes lost), if the victim clear
responsible step.
- see revise (too high price) system of insurance.
-pnj who appears behind you for you fsd interdictor unnoticed on the radar?

tank you ,goodbye

It was never random. If you get really random, there is a problem.
Remember except what Maxine explains below, they also first call out your ships manufacturer then the three letters (for example "lakon november lima sierra").

Might depend on the controller, though.

My callsign is currently AZZ-Heavy (CMDR Azzie Elbub in a T-9 Heavy). Now, it might be my imagination, but I think some controllers address me as "Lakon Alpha Zulu Zulu Heavy". But it's only some of them - I imagine I hear it on one port, I try to listen for it on the next port, and get the ususal "Lakon Apha Zulu Zulu", then when I return to the first port again I've forgotten all about it. And no, "H" should be "Hotel".

My callsign is currently AZZ-Heavy (CMDR Azzie Elbub in a T-9 Heavy). Now, it might be my imagination, but I think some controllers address me as "Lakon Alpha Zulu Zulu Heavy". But it's only some of them - I imagine I hear it on one port, I try to listen for it on the next port, and get the ususal "Lakon Apha Zulu Zulu", then when I return to the first port again I've forgotten all about it. And no, "H" should be "Hotel".

I've gotten the "Heavy" designation in my T-9, but I've only noticed it at surface ports (most recently, the robot ATC at Farseer). It was the three letter code that I've chosen, just with the addition of "Heavy." Not sure why it only happens at surface ports (in my experience), but it could have something to do with gravity (if you want to go with an in-game explanation). Starports can basically decide how "Heavy" a monster like the T-9 is, because they have artificial gravity. Surface ports, however, just have to deal with whatever the gravity is on that particular rock. That's the way I've been thinking about it, at least. :D

Back to the original question, other CMDRs are right. I chose "ship name" as my preferred callout, and it worked just fine (first three letters). I still haven't decided on a name for my Vulture, so the other day I got "Victor Uniform Lima." If you chose the "ship designation" as your callout, it will be whatever you've set it to in the Livery - the default looks like it is generated based on your CMDR name.

I've gotten the "Heavy" designation in my T-9, but I've only noticed it at surface ports (most recently, the robot ATC at Farseer). It was the three letter code that I've chosen, just with the addition of "Heavy." Not sure why it only happens at surface ports (in my experience), but it could have something to do with gravity (if you want to go with an in-game explanation). Starports can basically decide how "Heavy" a monster like the T-9 is, because they have artificial gravity. Surface ports, however, just have to deal with whatever the gravity is on that particular rock. That's the way I've been thinking about it, at least. :D

Back to the original question, other CMDRs are right. I chose "ship name" as my preferred callout, and it worked just fine (first three letters). I still haven't decided on a name for my Vulture, so the other day I got "Victor Uniform Lima." If you chose the "ship designation" as your callout, it will be whatever you've set it to in the Livery - the default looks like it is generated based on your CMDR name.

Yes the default is the first three letters of your Commander name, which is what it was before we were offered the choice, I actually used those three letters as the start of my ship ID so it sounded more ATC speak which is where heavy comes from it was added to the ATC call out to aircraft above a certain maximum take off weight to ensure sufficient separation was left behind those large aircraft to avoid wake turbulence issues the term Super is also used in this context but only the A380 qualifies for it.

Yes the default is the first three letters of your Commander name, which is what it was before we were offered the choice, I actually used those three letters as the start of my ship ID so it sounded more ATC speak which is where heavy comes from it was added to the ATC call out to aircraft above a certain maximum take off weight to ensure sufficient separation was left behind those large aircraft to avoid wake turbulence issues the term Super is also used in this context but only the A380 qualifies for it.

If the U.S. Prez-for-Life privatizes ATC like he wants to, the new designation will be "Yuuuuuuge." ;)

Where do I select the way the flight controller addresses me, please? I cannot find it anywhere.

Its in the audio options menu, not in the livery. :)

You sometimes get the heavy when flying a large ship.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom