News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

Glad to hear you're all excited! Can't wait to test this alongside you, Commanders.

Hi Will,

During the original release of this information it was said that the 'continuing narrative' would erm, continue(!) during the first part of Beyond. This isn't mentioned in the above release. Is that because the schedule has changed, it's been missed out, or just because you're not making a song and dance about it so people get to experience it and a beta test would spoil it?

Last edited:
Chieftain looks sexy !

But if it means ranking with the alliance its a no go for me.

Fed to the core !

Hi Will,

During the original release of this information it was said that the 'continuing narrative' would erm, continue(!) during the first part of Beyond. This isn't mentioned in the above release. Is that because the schedule has changed, it's been missed out, or just because you're not making a song and dance about it so people get to experience it and a beta test would spoil it?
The final scene of the video with a change in state of the Thargoid Structure would suggest to me that the narrative is indeed moving forward with the Q1 update.

Nice one Frontier!!!

Elite Dangerous keeps on expanding/improving

while the other game out there keeps on begging money LOL

Chieftain looks sexy !

But if it means ranking with the alliance its a no go for me.

Fed to the core !

Is there still people that think you need to be pledged to a power to gain rank with that power? If that’s what this is CMDR then you can stay fed to the core. Just have to run a few hundred alliance missions. Lol

The final scene of the video with a change in state of the Thargoid Structure would suggest to me that the narrative is indeed moving forward with the Q1 update.

Yeah you're quite right. Im just not fully awake (eugh to dark mornings!) and this caught me on the hop!

Omg...... Look at that base on the YouTube Elite dangerous channel.

i will have to rush back after enigma in prep for live release.

looking forward to beyond. In fact i love it all .. Before beyond after prior... The lot xx

Open to everyone. So worthwhile being a Beta-Backer. No exclusivity at all nowadays. Harumph. ;-)

oh $deity don't go the... too late :)

There's always one isn't there. :) I too have beta access but don't mind this ONE BIT, as the more players get to break Frontier's new stuff the better for more bugs to show up and - hopefully - for those to get fixed for going Live.

Regards

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hi Will,

During the original release of this information it was said that the 'continuing narrative' would erm, continue(!) during the first part of Beyond. This isn't mentioned in the above release. Is that because the schedule has changed, it's been missed out, or just because you're not making a song and dance about it so people get to experience it?

Hi Barking_Mad,

You're exactly right, we want players to experience the narrative first-hand so that's why we haven't included details about that in the OP. It is going to continue during the first chapter of Beyond and, as we previously said at Frontier Expo, one strand of the narrative will involve the Guardians and lead to new and different weapons - but that's all we can say for now! ;)

Wow, the beta is much sooner than I expected, that's awesome! Just two weeks to see colorful planets, sweet Christmas.

Mission rewards revamp though? This could actually be the best part of the Q1 update, it's something the game desperately needs. Please Make Ice Mining Great for the first time ever!!!!!

Hi Barking_Mad,

You're exactly right, we want players to experience the narrative first-hand so that's why we haven't included details about that in the OP. It is going to continue during the first chapter of Beyond and, as we previously said at Frontier Expo, one strand of the narrative will involve the Guardians and lead to new and different weapons - but that's all we can say for now! ;)

New things that go ka boom! :D

Top Bottom