News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

No point in going there now, the snapshot of the server would of probably been done days ago, so wherever you were then, is where you will start from.
Well thats how it been done so far with beta's.

There's a new ship voice (the one that says "engaging frameshift drive", "4-3-2-1", etc). A male voice as an alternative to Verity that sounded terrific. Also - you can specify use of different voices for different ships and/or the SRV, plus there was a suggestion that there might be more to come. I'm not 100% sure but I think the new one may have been synthesised using the same text-to-speach stuff as Galnet Audio. It's testament to how good that is that I'm not sure whether Victor is voice acted or not.

I think Ed said in the stream that it's not voice acted

Beta uses a savegame from weeks ago, no point in going there now...

SystemShift said:
No point in going there now, the snapshot of the server would of probably been done days ago, so wherever you were then, is where you will start from.
Well thats how it been done so far with beta's.

I was arround 15000 Ly away in the black back then ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think Ed said in the stream that it's not voice acted

Doh! I feel like a bit of an idiot now ... I've been posting about how the new voice synthesis is so good I can't tell the difference between it and a human. Now I listen back to the livestream , good tho' the Galnet audio is, there is indeed a clear difference between it and "Victor". I must have been high on livestream euphoria at the time! :p

I was arround 15000 Ly away in the black back then ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh dear. If that's where you are in the beta then a self destruct may be the best option. Remember, what you do in the beta has NO effect on your main game. What you do in the beta, stays in the beta. Before you try the beta though, back up your bindings file, just in case! ;)

<header style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); margin-bottom: 10px; border-radius: 0px !important;">[h=1]How do Beta Savegames work?[/h]Updated: Thursday 25th January 2018</header>[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you've decided to join us with one of our Beta tests there are a couple of things that you should be aware of in regards to your save.

[/FONT]

• If you've already played Elite Dangerous then we will make a copy of your CMDR save onto the test server.
  • This copy can be taken from some time ago and may not represent progress you have made over the last few days or even weeks. So you may find yourself in another location and in another ship.
  • No progress from the test servers is saved and at the end of the test these characters are wiped.
  • Anything you do on the test server will not affect your main character in way way.
  • You can clear your save on the test server as well without it affecting your main save but please double check that you are on the test server and logging into the correct account if you have more than one.
  • Ships and modules on the test server are at 10% of their normal price so it's quite easy to get a nice ship to test it out. You may also start with more credits than you have on your main account for testing purposes.
  • Remember: This is a beta test, there will be bugs and you do find any bugs please report them on our bug forum here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/124-Elite-Dangerous-Bug-Reporting

[FONT=&quot]If you have any other questions about this please do ask on our [/FONT]forums[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]social media channels[FONT=&quot] and we will be glad to assist.[/FONT]

Thanks optimal_909, maybe that's not gonna be me out there, well i hope...

Oh dear. If that's where you are in the beta then a self destruct may be the best option. Remember, what you do in the beta has NO effect on your main game. What you do in the beta, stays in the beta. Before you try the beta though, back up your bindings file, just in case! ;)

Yup i know that now, it is a nice thing :)

Where are the bindings files ?? i am very interested ... is it the DeviceMappings.xml int the ControlScheme folder ?

Edit: no i don't think its that one, could you tell me where it's hiding ?

Last edited:
Thanks optimal_909, maybe that's not gonna be me out there, well i hope...

Yup i know that now, it is a nice thing :)

Where are the bindings files ?? i am very interested ... is it the DeviceMappings.xml int the ControlScheme folder ?

Edit: no i don't think its that one, could you tell me where it's hiding ?

On PC it's at:
C:\Users\Users name\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
Just copy the whole folder to Documents or wherever you wish. I personally do this when I make any bindings changes and file by date.

Hope this helps :)

Very well thank you it is copied now. I once messed all my bindings by trying FA OFF on my keyboard and mouse, took me more than one hour to recover the good ones :rolleyes: .

PS: i am on PC yes, selfishly didn't care to specify, assuming everybody plays on PC, .... okok --->[]

Can't rep+ anymore, i would have ;)
Merci !
o7

Last edited:
Hello Cmdrs,

I would like to know how can I download the Beta ?

I'm searching on my account, nothing.
Nothing on the launcher.

Thx for help

PS : I'm a PC player

Last edited:
Hello Cmdrs,

I would like to know how can I download the Beta ?

I'm searching on my account, nothing.
Nothing on the launcher.

Thx for help

PS : I'm a PC player

It pops up it the launcher when it's available. Alternatively you get a message to upgrade the launcher and can download it from the new one.

Ah, ok i need to get allied with the controlling faction then, i am nowhere concerning Alliance, yet :)

Thank you, o7

For Alioth you need the permit, yes, but that's not the only alliance system out there that has a shipyard, is it ? :) I just used it as an example.
Or if you're Elite just go to Jameson Memorial and it'll be there.

For Alioth you need the permit, yes, but that's not the only alliance system out there that has a shipyard, is it ? :) I just used it as an example.

No, in deed earlier i was flying in Kuk system, ~10billions inhabitants. I went in Jameson Memorial, i never been there before, dat shipyard . . . also collected 9 chemical manipulators [heart].

Thx

In previous betas, you've been granted with all the system permits, and there's no rank requirements on ships either, so just dock at Jameson Memorial and you've got every ship and module in the game. Yes, even the powerplay specific modules.

I can confirm from France :)

MsAl5TG.jpg

I am on Steam. I saw no download. When open the launcher I see the notice that says Beta servers are available but there is no option to enter a beta server on the start list. So, how do I play the beta? I am also on the PC and I have Horizons.

Found it doh, didn't see the scroll down bar for the list of game options. Cheers :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom