News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Release Date

My DSL would explode at the sheer size of all the files/archives i'd have to upload. Also, I am using this thing called a Raspberry Pi 3 as my main computer. It puts my laptop to shame!

* TJ cannot be blamed for a winter storm. ;)

Rep for using the RPi3 as main computer [up]

Just got the message on Xbox. Going down at 4:30 AM EST (09:30 UTC)..."expected downtime is 9 hours...we hope to be back by 18:30 UTC." That's 1:30 PM EST for me. Time to hit the hay & dream of how nice it will be to forget about managing materials! Just finished loading up on Carbon for the new FSD synthesis, but I had to jettison some other things so I could pick up a few "rare" materials from a USS...looks like stuff I won't use, but I've actually been paying attention to the rarity for mat. trading purposes (although with the new limits, I won't even have to do that)
I hear ya! I spent the last 6 hours of game time doing long-range sightseer missions to get Biotech Conductors, Exquisite Focus Crystals, and Modified Embedded Firmware - the things that usually disappear from the game after a major update. Now I can have a kip, then read the new book I got sent from another Kickstarter and which just arrived yesterday. That plus lunch and some radio listening should take me up to past 7pm GMT.

Apparently Ruthenium is the thing to have for trading down to a wide range of materials with the mat trader. I've got loads of that - luckily, since I didn't have time to drive about looking for some after doing my tourist bus driver bit.

Last edited:
question for Xbox people that play elite (and have no issue with getting in game). Do you have, after pushing either A or menu button on the E: D title screen (which looks positively awesome in the new blue/red hues!!) do you have in your main menu in the bottom left the following text:

Server: 274546040826244 x 10 (34.244.198.140:19364)EDServer #1789
Elite: Dangerous 3.0.1.401 EDH

or something similar? the numbers in the Server line can be different for you. i am trying to find out being able to see those lines is somehow prohibiting me from entering the game.

let me know! (pc Commanders may put in their 2 cents as well)

Beyond 3.0 on xbox does include the server details and although I only tried on the day of release I haven't had any issues connecting.

question for Xbox people that play elite (and have no issue with getting in game). Do you have, after pushing either A or menu button on the E: D title screen (which looks positively awesome in the new blue/red hues!!) do you have in your main menu in the bottom left the following text:

or something similar? the numbers in the Server line can be different for you. i am trying to find out being able to see those lines is somehow prohibiting me from entering the game.

let me know! (pc Commanders may put in their 2 cents as well)

It’s on the PS4 too.

I've got that now, as well. It reminds me of the screenshots I saw from the beta - there was always a version number in the bottom left of the screen. In this case, it looks like it's basically telling us which server we're connecting to, as well as what version of the game is running (3.0.xxx, obviously, and "EDH" refers to Horizons).

I've seen that new little tidbit since 3.0 dropped, and I haven't had any major issues getting into the game, so I don't think that has anything to do with your issues. I did lose my connection to both the "adjudication server" and then the "transactions server" about a half hour before the weekly maintenance, but it's the internet, crap happens. After the servers came back up, I didn't have any further trouble.

Top Bottom