News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One - Server Downtime (27/02/18)

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

Soon you'll be able to strap yourself into the cockpit of the Chieftain and explore a host of new gameplay features - Chapter One is almost here!

The galaxy servers will be down today from 9.30 AM (GMT) for approximately 9 hours. There is a chance that this could run over, so we really appreciate your patience. As usual with these updates we'll keep you as up to date as possible.

While you wait, join us for a pre-launch livestream at 2:00 PM (GMT) for a Beyond - Chapter One recap with members of the development team on YouTube here.

We'll post the changelog soon, and add update information to the thread as it comes in.

Keep an eye on our social media channels too for regular updates on the server status. We will try to respond to as many queries as possible, but we will give everyone advanced notice for when the servers come back online, and social media is your best bet for knowing when the servers are back up and running!

Thanks!

Edit: The game servers are now live!

Thanks for the update Will! Looking forward to reading some patch notes to pass the morning and watching live streams to pass the afternoon!

Thanks for the update Will. Please pass on our good luck to everyone working on getting the update released.

Do you need any help shoveling snow?

Is it also known what time we can start clients to download update? I'm at work and would love to start downloading before I get home so that it's ready in the evening :)
Thanks!

Is it also known what time we can start clients to download update? I'm at work and would love to start downloading before I get home so that it's ready in the evening :)
Thanks!

This is just a guess, but what I've noticed with other games, the update usually doesn't go live until the servers are back up.

Top Bottom