News Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Three (3.2) Release Date Announcement

Greetings Commanders!

Load up your calendars and make sure to mark the 28th August because Elite Dangerous Beyond: Chapter Three is on the way!

This brand new update (3.2) is focused on bringing you some engaging new content in the lead up to the larger Quarter 4 update later this year (Chapter 4). We'll have more information coming out of Gamescom about the next update (Chapter 3) next week, so as usual keep an eye on the forums and our social media channels for the latest official announcements.

o7

Watch the teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H832ra9bUIw

Whaaaaaaaa!!!!!
thats awesome

No Mans Sky till then {sorry ts pretty awesome at its current condition)

Are those Thargoid battleships? Bases? Something big about Thargoids? Definitely not human.

Last edited by a moderator:
More pewpew only content then?

I'll pass and wait for Chapter 4, that does interest me and is far more than just mindless shooting. zzzzZZ

Just leaves me a bit cold chaps. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You need to stop shoving random crap into the game that doesn't matter. I didn't/don't care about the Thargoids because I've got nothing to lose, I have no sense of ownership, nothing that stands out as a risk because of my time invested. And now this, what I can only assume is some addition to the Thargoid/Guardian story line, is yet another thing that just doesn't matter. I'm not going to gain anything, same as I'm not going to lose anything in the context of me in the universe. Make it matter, give me a sense of place in my universe before seeking to either take it away or threaten it. I genuinely believe that you're developing the wrong part of the game, putting the proverbial cart before the horse.

Just leaves me a bit cold chaps. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You need to stop shoving random crap into the game that doesn't matter. I didn't/don't care about the Thargoids because I've got nothing to lose, I have no sense of ownership, nothing that stands out as a risk because of my time invested. And now this, what I can only assume is some addition to the Thargoid/Guardian story line, is yet another thing that just doesn't matter. I'm not going to gain anything, same as I'm not going to lose anything in the context of me in the universe. Make it matter, give me a sense of place in my universe before seeking to either take it away or threaten it. I genuinely believe that you're developing the wrong part of the game, putting the proverbial cart before the horse.

You're just a grain of sand on the beach like the rest of us mate.

In your rant you use the word assume, that's all it is an assumption.
From this vid you can't tell zilch what it's gonna be, maybe you're right, I hope not, but maybe you're wrong, which I hope.
However you're talking about it as being certainties and throw all kinds of accusations towards Fdev, why not just wait and see, after the 28th you'll still have plenty of time to rant.

No I'm not hyped anymore but I would still very much like to be pleasantly surprised by Fdev.

No offense, I'm just curious.

What would give you a sense of place in the game?

Cheers Mate!

I can appreciate that viewpoint. However, it does matter overall to the game. This is the story now, and Guardian objects do indeed matter. Personally, I love Guardian additions each time we get more. The best part of the game for me.

I do miss the sense of risk from way back when, though. Repairing my ship and refueling costed me half of my money I'd just made if I wasn't careful. And that was in a Cobra! Good times.

In your rant you use the word assume, that's all it is an assumption.
From this vid you can't tell zilch what it's gonna be, maybe you're right, I hope not, but maybe you're wrong, which I hope.
However you're talking about it as being certainties and throw all kinds of accusations towards Fdev, why not just wait and see, after the 28th you'll still have plenty of time to rant.

No I'm not hyped anymore but I would still very much like to be pleasantly surprised by Fdev.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption, whenever FD get 'mysterious' (woop) it ends up being either Thargoids or Guardians and the aesthetic is consistent. It's clearly not a quality of life addition and the base game isn't receiving the attention that it needs (this is a very common opinion) and my suggestion is how to make it better. ie give us something to care about, make the universe have places to call home before they seek to use them as context for these events and additions. At the moment they're just random additions that don't add depth nor have relevance to our sense of place in the ED universe. This I personally believe is an error in story delivery. You should set the scene, created some context and then threaten it. It's basic story telling, what they're doing now is like having Luke fighting in the war against Darth and the imperials without having first told the story about who they are, why Darth and the Storm Troopers are bad and understanding his motivations for defending his way of life or avenging his Uncle and Aunt. Why should we care?

Top Bottom