Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two 3.1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Chapter 1 and 4 were described as major overhauls. Chapter 2 and 3 were described as much smaller. So...exactly what they told us it would be, and told us consistently since last year's FrontierExpo.

I guess you are right, I didn't expect minuscule though. I'm a bit salty about the massacre mission bug being completely passed over, I think. That bug has 28 pages of feedback and no meaningful replies from FDEv, if it was addressed in the notes I probably wouldn't have minded.

"Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center"

Er, what? So to pay a stupid 600cr bounty for scanning a datalink now I have to find myself in a detention center who knows where?

Yes, I thought that was odd

Not a single bug that I or my friends have reported since 3.0 dropped are addressed in the patch notes, so either these notes are non-exhaustive (okay), or Frontier has the most shoddy QA department in the industry. I truly hope it's the former, or you can stuff your paint packs where the Dweller resides [mad]

Same.

I made some bug reports too but none of them are mentioned in the patch notes.
Why do we even bother making a bug report.

It's amazing how many people forget that FDev very very specifically said Q2 and Q3 would be SMALL updates...

From a feature perspective (TWO new amazing ships), it's actually bigger than I was expecting! From a bug-fix perspective, it's way smaller than I was expecting. There are serious game-breaking (like crashing to blue screen) bugs that were reported months ago and yet are not mentioned in the patch notes. THIS is unacceptable IMO.

Thanks for the update, I can't wait to download it.

The same problem with the one shown below was occurring for the Crew when their progress was increasing. I hope it was fixed, too.

Greetings Commanders,

User Interface
  • Fixed an issue in the Systems panel that prevented the module health from updating correctly when repairing a module using a AFMU

Not a single bug that I or my friends have reported since 3.0 dropped are addressed in the patch notes, so either these notes are non-exhaustive (okay), or Frontier has the most shoddy QA department in the industry. I truly hope it's the former, or you can stuff your paint packs where the Dweller resides [mad]

Bug severity and priority is determined by the development team and management; not by the playerbase - so whilst your bug(s) are likely listed in their "Bug Bin", none/some/most of them don't warrant actioning just yet.

Helpful reading material: https://www.testingexcellence.com/severity-and-priority-difference/

Sucks I know; we get customers quite often complaining about a bug they reported that still hasn't been fixed but the team determined that it wasn't worth the time or money or resources to fix just yet.

Last edited:
I'm loving all the complaints about bugs being ignored and changes being made to the game that people just don't like. Really I am. However, the game has its problems, and we all know this. If you don't like the game, then don't play. If you find it acceptable, log in and play to your hearts content... But for the love of all that is non-existent(i'm atheist), stop complaining about the update they are in the middle of implementing. You sound like a spoiled bratty child. And I understand bugs in the game need addressing, but they are not going to modify their code on the fly in the middle of a large patch.

We are not asking them to "modify the code on the fly" we are asking them to fix major bugs in the game that have been reported over and over and have not been addressed!

Imho the bug fix list is way to short considering the high number of bugs reported after the last two or three updates.
Beyond is supposed to bring core gameplay up to par, bugfixes are imho a great part of that.

From a feature perspective (TWO new amazing ships), it's actually bigger than I was expecting! From a bug-fix perspective, it's way smaller than I was expecting. There are serious game-breaking (like crashing to blue screen) bugs that were reported months ago and yet are not mentioned in the patch notes. THIS is unacceptable IMO.

Looking over the patch notes, I see three such crashing bugs fixed this time around:

"Stability Fixes
*Fixed a crash to desktop that would occur when opening the galaxy map immediately after the game had loaded in a station
*Fixed a server error that could occur when trying to apply an experimental effect to a module that was originally modified by another Engineer
*Fixed a crash that could occur when using Collector Limpets"

Bug severity and priority is determined by the development team and management; not by the playerbase - so whilst your bug(s) are likely listed in their "Bug Bin", none/some/most of them don't warrant actioning just yet.

Helpful reading material: https://www.testingexcellence.com/severity-and-priority-difference/

Sucks I know; we get customers quite often complaining about a bug they reported that still hasn't been fixed but the team determined that it wasn't worth the time or money or resources to fix just yet.

Uh hu - that hanging wire in the Anaconda is a much more important bug to fix than the crashing to blue screen that countless players have reported on since 3.0 dropped in January. Your attempt to defend Frontier has just backfired :p

And no, the BSOD I'm talking about is NOT in the patch notes.

Last edited:
Thank you FD but slightly disappointing. 2 new ships and a bunch of bugs fixed with many more bugs painstakingly reported many moons ago not making it to the list.

You just can't please them all, all of the time. In my view, you will please little with this update/patch.

Thank you but not really a Q2 update is it.

Well it is June which is the last month in the second quarter of the year so it is Q2.
Some bug fixes announced, disappointing to see no cheers about the Gal Map fix, new stuff added including ships all of which passes the update test.

It is just as advertised repeatedly a small update.

Anaconda

• Smoothed out some overhead cables in the cockpit

images

I am a little upset that none of the known 3.0.5 issues are mentioned as fixes here. Can we assume that's because all of them have been fixed, or is it because none of them have been fixed?!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom