Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two 3.1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Nope, page two! ;)

someone remind me again when the servers are coming down West Australian time, I always have trouble converting!
East coast is 9 hours behind UK, so it's 17:00 AEST time. I think you guys are 2 hours behind us, would make it 15:00.

PS: need a wing mate?

Could somebody explain why it takes nine hours to patch a minor update? ED is my only goto game so I have no other point of reference.
Thanks

Nope, page two! ;)

someone remind me again when the servers are coming down West Australian time, I always have trouble converting!

Western Australia… I think it's 1500hrs, same time as my time in Singapore… BUT not sure if there's Daylight Saving Time over there… Hmmm… Same timing… Need a wing, mate…?

Could somebody explain why it takes nine hours to patch a minor update? ED is my only goto game so I have no other point of reference.
Thanks

My guess is that they may either be copying the current database(s) onto a much larger version which allows for the extra fields or adding those fields that the current and subsequent patches will need. Not something you can easily do whilst the users are constantly updating and both methods can take a longer time the bigger the database.

Imagine how long a computer takes to copy a large file from one disk to another and extrapolate based on what we estimate this game database is and it would be safe to say that would take up a larger portion of the 9 or so hours. Not to mention the testing to make sure the update has taken properly.

Western Australia… I think it's 1500hrs, same time as my time in Singapore… BUT not sure if there's Daylight Saving Time over there… Hmmm… Same timing… Need a wing, mate…?

Nope, the population of W.A. is to smart to fall for that load of poop and voted against daylight saving four times, so yes we are the same time as Singapore, +8 GMT.

As for wing mates, I rarely see other people in game even in the bubble, but most of the time I am way out of the bubble. I think the instancing doesn't work well for people in my part of the world and the connections I use are all rather slow as well, that probably doesn't help.

But will be happy to add you to my friends list and say hi now and then, maybe even see you in game occasionally when we are close enough together.

Oh yes, my forum name is my CMDR name, I am usually on in the evenings.

Last edited:
Natch Potes!?
Where?!

give_it_to_me.gif

3 pages and no F5 gif? Sad.

Gah, and now I can't post gifs? Worlds gone crazy! (Is there a problem with certain hosting sites?)

Ah, thats better

ezgif-1-db532e800d.gif

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom