Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two 3.1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How are ships, weapons and mission types NOT CONTENT?!?

An absolutely ridiculous premise from whoever said that... quite pathetic really.

Nerfed other missions for group mining missions not interested in those.

2 ships brought out, Krait hmmmmm, challenger better but has few slots and only really good for combat but guess that was the plan for player thargoid pushing into the war which many players are not interested in.

Created more bugs like dropping out of hyper only to get lag again at the suns

Shop not transfering bought skins etc like it used to quickly into game.

So what is there for players not inerested in the thargoid war with reduced missions for other ends of the spectrum.

Oh yes we can always do

Surface mining
Signal scanning
Small value deliveries
Cardiographics exploration
Engineering tweeks.

Get some more high end missions in the boards and rotate quicker so that we can play the game and benefit from it as well as the gung ho players in the game.

(1) Nerfed other missions for group mining missions not interested in those.

(2) 2 ships brought out, Krait hmmmmm, challenger better but has few slots and only really good for combat but guess that was the plan for player thargoid pushing into the war which many players are not interested in.

(3) Created more bugs like dropping out of hyper only to get lag again at the suns

(4) Shop not transfering bought skins etc like it used to quickly into game.

So what is there for players not inerested in the thargoid war with reduced missions for other ends of the spectrum.

Oh yes we can always do

Surface mining
Signal scanning
Small value deliveries
Cardiographics exploration
Engineering tweeks.

(5) Get some more high end missions in the boards and rotate quicker so that we can play the game and benefit from it as well as the gung ho players in the game.

1) From what I read elsewhere this is probably a glitch. I am also not interested in mining missions.
2) First impression of Krait is quite good many people comparing it to Python I think it handles much better. Undecided about the Challenger so far.
3) Not seen this bug ever.
4) Shop delivery times have always been variable for me.
5) Personally I consider missions to be too big a part of everyday play and would like them to be more for special purposes such as gaining a rank or a permit rather than a source of credits.

Not a single bug that I or my friends have reported since 3.0 dropped are addressed in the patch notes, so either these notes are non-exhaustive (okay), or Frontier has the most shoddy QA department in the industry. I truly hope it's the former, or you can stuff your paint packs where the Dweller resides [mad]

IDK if you got an answer elsewhere (I'm not reading the whole thread :p), but the station relief cargo count bug is not listed as fixed in the notes, but early reports indicate it is :).

Guys I just unlocked the Guardian Shield Reinforcement but i cannot find them in the outfitting.

Where I am doing wrong?

Concerning the update, am I the only one that's having issues with Multi-cannon ammo counters disappearing? It's a really bad thing to have happen, especially when in combat.

I've also noticed that my Multi-cannons will be reloading even though it says there's ammo, and vice versa.

Lots of information and good stuff, looking forward to flying the Krait MkII.

---
However,
Missions
Removed the timed element from assassination missions, so that targets are no longer limited to spawning within a time window. Players can scan the systems local nav beacon to find the targets location.

[rant] Really? Seriously, this does not make sense. Why make it even more unrealistic than it already is? You might as well make them spawn in confined space, ( like a barrel), so the only thing required to find them would be to lazily walk across the room and look inside the barrel. Or better yet, simply hand out the reward a couple minutes after player accepts the mission. They pretty much require the same amount of thought process.

If anything, change the behavior back to how it used to be, (when the targets started using supercruise and jump to various systems), where the players were required to use their brain, come up with a strategy, and track down the target of assassination missions, within a short time window[/rant]

Perhaps one way to accommodate more players with different play styles would be to introduce different levels of difficulty the players can select at the main menu.

---

On a positive note, although I have not had a chance to try it out yet, I am glad to see the return of the guardian FSD booster. Also glad to see the various "attention to detail" fixes. It reflects / shows, (at least to me anyways), how much you folks care about the game.

The new high threat USS's sounds like it may be fun.

Last edited:
Well, you know... cables in the Anaconda's cockpit view clearly take priority here. ;)

I took a look. I can still leave my laundry out to dry in the cockpit, so I don't know what the hell kind of fix the call that.

How about replacing those DISGUSTING turret flaps to something more modern instead. the cables...im over them.

Got bounty for killing npc with small chaff missfire... NPC got killed by other pirate NPC...
"Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out" right?

Another fun RES adventure, two completely new/bizarre bugs:

NPC security will occasionally get into a firefight with itself, which spawns endless reinforcements, which also fight, which also spawn reinforcements, which etc.

A more annoying one - whlie RES hunting, one or two security ships will occasionally target and fire at me until I leave. No red pips, no bounty/fine, the other sec don't seem to mind me. But if I return fire, naturally a bounty is applied. Lost 2 Kraits before I realized what was happening, now I just facetank them with a 'conda and jump out/back in to reset it.

Not even sure this is worth the typing. But here goes.

Took a assassination mission then spent 3 hours scanning system for him.
Including jumping into Nav beacon and Using my discovery scanner. Also checking All targets popping up.

No Sign of him. So cancelled the mission and took a hit with Reputation.

Is this now the normal procedure?
Or yet another BUG introduced by FD to screw a perfectly good system which was good before?

Not even sure this is worth the typing. But here goes.

Took a assassination mission then spent 3 hours scanning system for him.
Including jumping into Nav beacon and Using my discovery scanner. Also checking All targets popping up.

No Sign of him. So cancelled the mission and took a hit with Reputation.

Is this now the normal procedure?
Or yet another BUG introduced by FD to screw a perfectly good system which was good before?

I had this last night, turned out I was in the wrong system. Not sure whether I made a mistake or the target system changed unannounced, but it was quickly solved by looking at the galmap & seeing where a mission flag remained after I'd completed all the others I'd taken on in that session.

I had this last night, turned out I was in the wrong system. Not sure whether I made a mistake or the target system changed unannounced, but it was quickly solved by looking at the galmap & seeing where a mission flag remained after I'd completed all the others I'd taken on in that session.

Checked the galmap map and Flag still showed as original. So not in this case. sorry.

I

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom