Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two 3.1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A more annoying one - whlie RES hunting, one or two security ships will occasionally target and fire at me until I leave. No red pips, no bounty/fine, the other sec don't seem to mind me. But if I return fire, naturally a bounty is applied.

This has been happening to me with regularity since before the update, in several systems Rez's Im allied with all system powers inc the pirate scum, always seems to be the bigger ships like Condas and such. Even if you fly out of range 10-20 km then come back it starts again, they only let up when you jump out then back in again.

Greetings Commanders,

Crime and Punishment
  • Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center
  • Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out
  • Notoriety now decays whilst the player is docked
  • Players current notoriety level displayed in cockpit will no longer be potentially out of date
  • Relaxed the rules for Multicrew gunners so that they are less prone to accidental assault/reckless weapon discharge crimes

Horizons-only Content

not to be deported as you do?
in the sense that wanting to pay everything then in the end I am deported.
It was not like that before, but now it becomes frustrating every time you want to cancel your size by paying then you are deported.
this happens because in that system is "Wanted" ?? if you pay elsewhere where you are "Clean" you always end up in deportation ????
how do you avoid deportation ???
we can not limit ourselves only to making traders, miners or space taxis, then it becomes boring
help me commander !!! :D

Greetings Commanders,

Crime and Punishment
  • Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center
  • Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out
  • Players current notoriety level displayed in cockpit will no longer be potentially out of date
  • Relaxed the rules for Multicrew gunners so that they are less prone to accidental assault/reckless weapon discharge crimes

Horizons-only Content

It was not like that before, but now it becomes frustrating every time you want to cancel your size by paying then you are deported.
this happens because in that system is "Wanted" ?? if you pay elsewhere where you are "Clean" you always end up in deportation ????
we can not limit ourselves only to making traders, miners or space taxis, then it becomes boring

it does not happen
upgrade to 3.1 and everything works

Greetings Commanders,

Crime and Punishment

Horizons-only Content

You get deported if you surrender/pay bounty to the authorities or if you are destroyed by them. If you go to an Interstellar Factors to pay off you won't be deported.

Is the game launcher also opening a browser for anyone beside me??

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vo_7eMdMrazq_yTA6Ebvo9ni7UW93Lt9

Same thing is happening on my laptop which I use for a different account with Elite Dangerous only, (no Horizons). Click on the launcher and in addition to launching the game a browser opens with the same page as in your video.

Have you guys tried un-ticking 'Check for XInput' in the Options menu of the Launcher?

OK, Another DEV gotcha.. I did not have the checked before the update, why did it get checked by default after the update??

You had to install a new Launcher version, right? (I assume the new version was mandatory for everybody except those who had recently downloaded and installed the new version). So I guess the Launcher has this option ticked by default (which is implied by the FAQ page).

You had to install a new Launcher version, right? (I assume the new version was mandatory for everybody except those who had recently downloaded and installed the new version). So I guess the Launcher has this option ticked by default (which is implied by the FAQ page).

I have never had that happen before when I have had to install a new Launcher in order to do an update.

Friendly Fire in Conflict Zones

In the last month I've been in conflict zones, and after 3.2, definitely noticed friendly fire threshold is certainly lower than it was, would like to know whats going on. Its a real pain having to jump out and back in every 10-15 minutes. I suspect that there is no decay over time on the threshold. After i fired my fighter pilot, also noticed i can stay longer before this happens!

I've also noticed the same faction ships attacking each other and although I haven't a video, I could swear that the odd ship on my faction just turns red for no reason, then if I/one of my turrets "accidentally" hit them the rest of my faction turns red.

In the last month I've been in conflict zones, and after 3.2, definitely noticed friendly fire threshold is certainly lower than it was, would like to know whats going on. Its a real pain having to jump out and back in every 10-15 minutes. I suspect that there is no decay over time on the threshold. After i fired my fighter pilot, also noticed i can stay longer before this happens!

I've also noticed the same faction ships attacking each other and although I haven't a video, I could swear that the odd ship on my faction just turns red for no reason, then if I/one of my turrets "accidentally" hit them the rest of my faction turns red.

Blast quarter 3 released already where did that 3 months go?

Why is it that data missions now go up to 20LY away? 15LY was acceptable but now they literally go all over the place. Forcing players further out of the bubble because the designers forgot to tell us that this was one of the stealth changes which would come with this update. Reduce it back down to 10 & you would have a happier player base IMO.

Do we think that the difficulty reduction in wing assassination missions was deliberate?

I think that they adjust to your ability & equipment. The level 6 USSs seem to do the same thing. Start off hard then go a bit easier on you if you run away (eg only one target will chase you).

I'm quite enjoying facing up against engineered NPCs but I wouldn't want that kind of challenge for every scenario.

I think that they adjust to your ability & equipment.

Doing a delivery mission tonight.. Got told there was a guy sent after me, it was a Conda, thought, no probs Conda's are easy.. I'll just take him out. I let him interdict me, then we start a dog fight.. Then low and behold another 3 Conda's jump in and start on me.. ! I can take down 1 Conda easy, 2 fairly easy, but 4???? With fighters too... All in all 8 ships against my single Corvette...

Thank god for Engineered Drives !!!!!

P.S I got away !!! :), run forest RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing a delivery mission tonight.. Got told there was a guy sent after me, it was a Conda, thought, no probs Conda's are easy.. I'll just take him out. I let him interdict me, then we start a dog fight.. Then low and behold another 3 Conda's jump in and start on me.. ! I can take down 1 Conda easy, 2 fairly easy, but 4???? With fighters too... All in all 8 ships against my single Corvette...

Thank god for Engineered Drives !!!!!

P.S I got away !!! :), run forest RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Something similar happened to me last week. Had two deliveries, both produced enemies. The first one interdicted me, and killed him, but while I was scooping up materials, the other jumped in with a conda and an SLF! And one of my kids came and started talking to me, so I forgot the scoop was out, and the disadvantage was enough for him to take me out. Oh, well... remember to retract scoop when in fight... m'kay. :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom