News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two - Announcement (28/06/18)

Wing Missions
First introduced in Chapter One of Beyond, we are introducing a Wing Mining Mission for you and your fellow Commanders to take on!

let me guess, ' mine 2000t of gold for 1000cr?' :D

I am sorry, this update looks really cool, but with the current wing mission system I have to laugh at this! :D

Challenger seems a little unnecessary for a minor improvement of what is already an outstanding ship, 3 size 2's with the loss of the size 3 makes for great heart snipes with gauss (assuming that they are bunched together, unlike that monstrosity called the type-10 defender :D ) and for almost twice the price it'd had better have outstanding armour!!!

but other than that, everything seems pretty awesome! can't wait for Friday (curse this Australian time zone difference!!!!)

Last edited:
Hi

@Will: could you insist at dev's desk to add a fighter Bay for the challenger ?
Other than that, looks pretty good. I am not expecting to much for wing mission but I will give them a try ( at least)

Thx.

One ship + scaled up version of another already existing one, plus bunch of text manipulations for the missions and other stuff in ~1/2 year period, such a great news, frontiers you outperform yourselves.

Last edited:
CMDR Thrust from Bradford reports good stable performance, Krait begin slightly OP but very much fun and space legs to be somewhat lacking. But fun.

Wait a minute... You mean to tell me that you actually posted information on an update ahead of time so that players have something to read when they follow the advice of the in-game message to come to the forums to find out why the servers are offline?

I am shocked

I am flabbergasted

I am... Incredibly pleased. Keep up the good work Will!

I am with you in this.
IT is not about being spoilt it is Just this is so small it is more a patch than An update.
I'll be off now as i can already Hear the thunderous hooves of the White knights coming.

Last edited:
Wait a minute... You mean to tell me that you actually posted information on an update ahead of time so that players have something to read when they follow the advice of the in-game message to come to the forums to find out why the servers are offline?

I am shocked

I am flabbergasted

I am... Incredibly pleased. Keep up the good work Will!

THIS :eek: +rep (would do thousands if possible) [big grin]

CMDR Thrust from Bradford reports good stable performance, Krait begin slightly OP but very much fun and space legs to be somewhat lacking. But fun.

Not sure if we can believe this post - CMDR Thrust has been reporting back on how long it takes to fill his Panther Clipper now you have to do all cargo loading using Space Legs in 4.1 - he says it's quite tiring.

I am with you in this.
IT is not about being spoilt it is Just this is so small it is more a patch than An update.
I'll be off now as i can already Hear the thunderous hooves of the White knights coming.

I am not honourable enough to be a knight of any sort, but you are wrong.

A patch is something that provides nothing new just reinforces or repairs existing stuff.
An update provides new stuff.

Size is nothing to do with it.

There are two new ships as well as a new mission category coming today so this is an update, not a huge one maybe but an update.

Thanks Will

Ok work, do me a favour, be nice, keep my boss away and go quickly, then I can go home and get my Krait.

OK THX BYE

Back from my hol's (thanks for holding back the release until today Will ... much appreciated), is this the thread I should come to in order to hammer F5 and post "are we there yet?" comments?

:D

Thanks guys and gals of FDev. I am 45 today (28th), so I am grateful for this temporary reintroducing of the ‘Special Day Bonus Gift’! Sorry CMDRs, this update is all mine... :D

No mention of Guardian tech grind becoming less of a mindless slogfest. Does anyone know is that coming in this update or is it later on?

No mention of Guardian tech grind becoming less of a mindless slogfest. Does anyone know is that coming in this update or is it later on?

I watched an Obsidian Ant video today where he said something about the blueprint requirements for Guardian Tech being dramatically reduced (often down to just one). Not 100% sure where the source for that info' was but OA usually checks his sources pretty carefully.

I watched an Obsidian Ant video today where he said something about the blueprint requirements for Guardian Tech being dramatically reduced (often down to just one). Not 100% sure where the source for that info' was but OA usually checks his sources pretty carefully.

I'm almost sure that they mention something about that on FD stream :)

Somebody wrote on these forums the recipes for the new guardian tech, but I can't find it now, but I am sure all the new stuff was reduced to 2 blueprints

Top Bottom