News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - the features of 3.0

Looking good. Gimme.

Hello Commander shuki25!

You have to be in the game for Notoriety to decay.
any plans to prevent cheering this? Say, by simply sitting in a dock and doing something else for a couple of hours to reset the Noteriety status?

or is the time considered enough of a deterrent now?

Last edited:
How will the new C&P system affect Piracy as a career choice? (Ideally notoriety wouldn't come in to it because a good pirate is there to steal, not to kill)
Personally I've only dabbled in it, but I have found unless I am specifically targeting NPCs with high amounts of LTD, I am coming away with minimal amounts of credits. Not being able to cover ammo costs, let-alone covering the costs for fines and bounties gained for interdicting, hatch breaking, and the damage taken from other players.
Will there be an increase in black market prices for those selling? Or faster Hatch Breakers and Collector Limpets to increase profit being made?
Or will it work more or less as it has done pre-3.0?

How will the new C&P system affect Piracy as a career choice? (Ideally notoriety wouldn't come in to it because a good pirate is there to steal, not to kill)
Personally I've only dabbled in it, but I have found unless I am specifically targeting NPCs with high amounts of LTD, I am coming away with minimal amounts of credits. Not being able to cover ammo costs, let-alone covering the costs for fines and bounties gained for interdicting, hatch breaking, and the damage taken from other players.
Will there be an increase in black market prices for those selling? Or faster Hatch Breakers and Collector Limpets to increase profit being made?
Or will it work more or less as it has done pre-3.0?

If you don't kill you won't get notorious.

There are new targets such as Mega ships that you can steal stuff from on the NPC target side.

Please can you add something like "Crime report status" under commander's name (if is scanned)? For better clarity and deciding if is worth to attack that commander or not? Thank you

20 hours for notoriety to drop? Can see some people just leaving the game.

Why only 1000 mats still? thought it was to be 100 of each type of material?

Ed, please consider this. When at an engineer base please allow the engineer access to the Storage Module - this is a QoL suggestion to prevent the moving of ships around. In real life you don't need take you're whole washing machine to a shop to buy a spare part once you've already driven there.

Phew, thought I was about to lose a whole stack of Polonium / Ruthenium :-D

Well, anything over the new limits is kept anyway, so if you have 142 G5 mat X, you will still have 142 G5 mat X after this update. You just won't be able to exceed the new limit once you go below it. Nobody is losing anything in this update.

Top Bottom