News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - the features of 3.0

Do I come here to beg for a Verity COVAS, or is this just a replacement of the default Verity?

Should I just get the Verity HCS pack?

...man I wish she was my Ok Google assistant...

Do I come here to beg for a Verity COVAS, or is this just a replacement of the default Verity?

Should I just get the Verity HCS pack?

...man I wish she was my Ok Google assistant...

Verity and Victor are available to you via your Livery menu, the new lady is an option via the shop.

Rather than a single large storage of materials that would become filed with un-wanted resources, we have split this into per materials buckets vastly simplifying its management. The tier of the material affects how many can be stored. The storage works in the following manner:

Tier 1: 300
Tier 2: 250
Tier 3: 200
Tier 4: 150
Tier 5: 100

FYI, all tiers appeared to be limited to 100 each for me today, as it was in the beta. (Tier-1 was 100, not 300).

Last edited:
FYI, all tiers appeared to be limited to 100 each for me today, as it was in the beta. (Tier-1 was 100, not 300).

Seemed alright to me, I checked out some of the materials as I was downside at the time and I saw 300,250,200 etc, early days (hours) yet though, we'll have the inevitable bugs, I had target materials on the ground highlighted sometimes with and sometimes without the < > brackets... like I said though, early days and bughunt time.

Thank you ED, I love the new surface textures, I even listened to a bit of Galnet too...

Bedtime, g'night.

"Option added so players can choose how flight controllers address them (Commander Name, Ship Name or Ship ID) when approaching a station"

How? Cant find it anywhere. Am I being stoopid??

Initial thoughts:
1. the game crashed when I tried jumping into an unidentified signal source thingie
2. in previous versions, after choosing a kill contract for pirate-hunting I would go to the location within the allotted time and the pirate would kindly appear (usually interdicting my ship) giving me the opportunity to kill the pirate. In the new version twice I spent several minutes in the relevant location looking for the pirate with no success. This is boring because in previous versions I would buildup a list of kill contracts and then jump from one location to the next hunting pirates, something I clearly cannot do in the new version

:(

I feel the game has speeded up - faster when doing most things, including looking at the galaxy and system maps. I'm 36,000lys out right now, so 90% of the updates dont affect me at all, but it would be nice if the system maps matched the new planet colours somehow, as this is a nice feature. The surface material shuffle seems to be working well, and its such a relief to have 100s of slots for minerals.

I feel the game feels smoother, and the first wave of streamlining has been a success. If the engineers wheels are still tiny, then thats the only thing I dont like.

I would have liked to see a 'big feature' in Beyond, maybe these can still be possible:

- In-game Player Journals and Achievements Badges, like the unofficial ED galaxy map site (Im going to Beagle Point only because its an achievement on there).
- Panther, Lion, Boa, Puna, StingRay, mega ships to buy (one would be nice)
- some more atmosphere landings (just needs a wind model)
- Magnetars, Quasars, Comets, Asteroids and Space Debris (cruising to a destination is rather boring).

Good stuff so far, and looking forward to the next frontier developments.

Last edited:
I wonder if I can revert to the previous version...steam kindof dumped this new version on me

No with the exception of beta everyone is always on the latest version of the game. Remember even playing in Solo we are all influencing the galaxy as are the players in Open and with the exception of the tutorials there is no offline game.

it would be nice if the system maps matched the new planet colours somehow

That's odd, the ones I've looked at have matched. The planets look lovely in the planetary map now.

- In-game Player Journals
Whilst we don't know many details, the Codex coming in the Q4 update might go some way to being a player journal (i.e. a record of things we have found)

- Panther, Lion, Boa, Puna, StingRay, mega ships to buy (one would be nice)
Fleet Carriers are coming in the Q4 update available for a Squadron to purchase, though I suspect they will be smaller than the current megaships.

- Magnetars, Quasars, Comets, Asteroids and Space Debris (cruising to a destination is rather boring).
Seeing as the Q4 update is focused on Exploration and Mining, I'm hopeful there will be more things like this to discover - perhaps comets will finally be added to the game after all this time.

@Ed:

Any plan to make the wing missions more lucrative than normal mission ? ...

Haul missions or assassination missions (more risky than normal but almost same reward as normal).

Threat level 4 vs Threat level 5 ... more risky no more credit ?

maybe we can ask Cloney to write something like :
@Frontier: "Sooo does anyone else not running Wing mission anymore? Or is it just me... ugh this is so sad,"

Massacre missions of more than 100 pirates is really intended missions narrative ? it takes so much time that we can take them and complete them in a small time session ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom