News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - the features of 3.0

Just to play devil's advocate I don't think my pirate-hunting ship should have been fined for firing at a pirate-ship and then gain a reward [for destroying the pirate-ship] and a bounty on my ship...some of the logic in Elite is creative

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment (I actually agree there should be no long term storage but for the sake of argument)

I was in a planetary base the other day, running missions and goofing around. I was going to have to log off in a bit and wanted to swap to my Imp Eagle for some surface skimming fun. But I couldn't.

See, the planetary base didn't have a commodities market, so I couldn't sell the 1 ton of random nonsense I'd picked up void knows where. Yeah, I could have launched, dumped it, gotten a fine, landed, paid the fine then switched to my Imp Eagle. but at the time I was gah, to much work, so I just logged off earlier than originally planned.

There ARE non profit related reasons for storage. Holding a commodity while you gather enough to unlock one of those nutjob engineers who want something you can only buy small quantities of, or can't buy at all comes to mind.

The last one of those engineers I dealt with was perfectly happy to receive their bribe donation in instalments.

I'm starting to feel really bitter I was automatically upgraded to this defective piece of software. And I have more colorful metaphors to describe V3 which will probablybe censored

Beyond 3.0 is FULL of bugs. But I found the one that makes engineering hopeless.
Enjoy. Video of broken USS signal spawning below....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFsAJ9wt-MM

Need to make sure I don't look sideways at my strat until FDEV fix this all this debauchery.

Nothing broken there... If you travel at nearly 1000c don't expect to see any signals as the game spawns them way way ahead to compensate for your speed, but you can't see anything further than 1000ls. It has always been this way.

Ahh the joy of upgrades. Suddenly the heatsinks have decided randomly to not fire at all...kindof irritating when your ship is heating up in a combat. Also any pirate-hunting contracts that have been completed...if I log out of the game entirely overnight and return to it the next day...all those completed contracts are deleted the next time I login so I can't hand in anything in exchange for rewards.

There was also a problem retrieving market data on the commodities screen but that seems to have been fixed.

Deleted member 38366

D
Beyond 3.0 is FULL of bugs. But I found the one that makes engineering hopeless.
Enjoy. Video of broken USS signal spawning below....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFsAJ9wt-MM

Need to make sure I don't look sideways at my strat until FDEV fix this all this debauchery.

You're flying way too fast.
USS spawn at a multitude (I think ~15x) of your speed and get a lateral/vertical offset that also depends on your Speed Vector.

Fly at 30km/sec and you'll see Signal Sources popping up around ~4500km ahead of you and very close to your flight path.
Fly at 10c and you'll see them at ~150Ls and possibly at the edges of your field of view.
Fly at 100c and you'll see them.. a few seconds later, since they're invisible until they're within 1000Ls. Very likely to see them with a significant lateral/vertical offset then.

Fly at 500c... and they might spawn >1000Ls away from your Flight Path and at >7000Ls Distance. And that means you'll potentially never pick them up in the NAV Panel.
(slim chance if you slow down to ~50c and wait 30-45sec, sometimes they pop up when momentarily within 1000Ls).

IMHO ~100c is about the max. speed you'd want to ever have hunting USS. 10c should be far more comfy and it takes less time to reach them once they spawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played this game to explore the '400 Billion Star Systems - Infinite Freedom - Blaze Your Own Trail' thing, but eventually lost interest in the jump - scoop - PONG - check System Map - jump - scoop - PONG - check System Map gameplay.

Still, I thought I'd check out the Big Update. And now I see that there's absolutely nothing in it for explorers. Oh wait, the colour palette of landable planets is wider now. Absolutely nothing in it for explorers in terms of gameplay then. Not one single new feature that I can actually use out in the uncharted Galaxy.

I've lost interest.

I played this game to explore the '400 Billion Star Systems - Infinite Freedom - Blaze Your Own Trail' thing, but eventually lost interest in the jump - scoop - PONG - check System Map - jump - scoop - PONG - check System Map gameplay.

Still, I thought I'd check out the Big Update. And now I see that there's absolutely nothing in it for explorers. Oh wait, the colour palette of landable planets is wider now. Absolutely nothing in it for explorers in terms of gameplay then. Not one single new feature that I can actually use out in the uncharted Galaxy.

I've lost interest.

Did you miss the stuff about Q4?!?!

Did you miss the stuff about Q4?!?!

No I haven't missed the stuff about Q4 because Q4 hasn't happened yet. After over two years since Horizons of waiting for significant improvements to exploration gameplay, I've lost all enthusiasm for updates and find it impossible to expect Q4 to be the ground-breaking Galactic exploration adventure some backers have been waiting for since AD1984, that Q4 is going to have to be for it to rekindle my interest.

I tell you what, whilst Beyond Q1 has discouraged me, I will make the last 30 jumps to the next Stage in my Galactic Circumnavigation and update my blog here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...winder-Mk-I-Galactic-Circumnavigation-Attempt, if anyone's still interested.

Top Bottom