Fiction Elite Dangerous books on audio.

Hello,

As a avid fan of ED and its lore it is a shame that only 4 of the books are on audio formats, given my disability it is amazing sitting down and listening to the stories being told. I wonder to myself constantly why are only a few of the books made with a audio format? How long does the process usually take? And are there any plans to make a audio format for the remaining books in the ED official fiction? As I am listening to Reclamation currently and it is by far one of the best audio books I have ever listened to, it truly makes me feel like I am right there watching as everything is unfolding and would love to hear the other stories being told. Premonition is a big one on my list of wants. So FDev if you are reading this please for the love of Thargoids make the remaining official books audio as well.

Thank you,
CMDR Cro

Hi, good question. I think it is because the publisher has to decide if there is sufficient demand before they will make the investment. I think that an audiobook was made of Lave: Revolution too, but it's no longer available from Fantastic Books because they're no longer the publisher. It's now self-published, as is Out of the Darkness (I think) so I can understand why they'd can't risk the investment. Premonition has only just been released so there's still a chance that an audiobook will be made available, but since it's published directly by FDev and they haven't made an audiobook of Elite: Legacy then I think they chances are slim.

Any more published ED books that I've forgotten about?

Cheers :)

Hi .. I love have and had a few books in audio form. I travel 1.5 to 2 hours to work and back every day. I listen to them in the car, love them. Its a shame I cannot get more.

Last edited:
I remembered - Gollancz published four ED books. They're a big publisher but I don't know if they do audiobooks - there must be a good reason that they haven't made them(yet?).

And I think all the audiobooks made by Fantastic Books were funded by Kickstarter projects, so maybe that's the way to go about it.

I remembered - Gollancz published four ED books. They're a big publisher but I don't know if they do audiobooks - there must be a good reason that they haven't made them(yet?).

And I think all the audiobooks made by Fantastic Books were funded by Kickstarter projects, so maybe that's the way to go about it.

This is true, they were kickstarted. It's a very expensive process unfortunately, so funding them is the major stumbling block.

Cheers,

Drew.

Top Bottom