ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous Coming to Xbox Game Pass!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings commanders!

We are excited to announce that Elite Dangerous will be available on Xbox Game Pass on 25 February!

ED_Base_Game_Refresh_Store_Screenshots_9_1920x1080.jpg

Click here to learn more about Xbox Game Pass this February.

o7

I think it would have to be an xbox play anywhere title in order to have cross saves. Which I dont think it is.
yeah, but we know ED holds CMDR data on the fdev servers. I imagine that you'll end up with 2 CMDRs if you play on xbox and PC via Xbox Game Pass - but I bet people used to Game Pass won't expect that :) Fun times!

I'm a bit of a spoon with all this- does it mean when MS release X cloud game streaming I can (via pass) stream the game?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Pug
yeah, but we know ED holds CMDR data on the fdev servers. I imagine that you'll end up with 2 CMDRs if you play on xbox and PC via Xbox Game Pass - but I bet people used to Game Pass won't expect that :) Fun times!
If I remember I`ll test it when its released. I`m not sure how unique this is, the only game I play on my PC is Astroneer to do multiplayer with my lass.

I'm a bit of a spoon with all this- does it mean when MS release X cloud game streaming I can (via pass) stream the game?

Potentially yes - but not all Game pass games are on Xcloud - only a subset. Not sure if that changes when it comes out of beta.

EDIT:: Given the primary use case for Xcloud right now is on a phone - the UI is going to be unworkable - so they almost certainly wont bother.

Last edited:
Wow that was quick, I was only reading the suggestion that it be on GamePass just this morning.

Good move, good luck! Expect a drop off rate like no other. Everybody else get ready to help coz we may get flooded with 'whats this?' or 'how do I?' threads.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom