Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 05 July 2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

As always, we've got a great lineup of community content for you to get involved in this week, whether that's submitting your photos to #StellarScreenshots, or tuning in to one of our streams! Here's the schedule:

UgdPIRh.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #40: Zac & Bruce will be on stream this week to show off the best bits from the community, before jumping into the game!

Wednesday

Stellar Screenshots: Keep your amazing screenshots coming! We'll be picking this week's winners on Wednesday, so if you're looking for some tips, check out our recent SPVFA stream!

ED Elite Club: We're seeing more Commanders reach the pinnacle every week! Submit your screenshot of your Elite rank or decal using #EDEliteClub on Twitter!

Thursday

Arf's Pirate Stream: The Twitterverse demanded it, and here it is. Arthur will be donning his favourite pirate outfit and sailing (flying?) the high seas of space and getting up to no good in this bumper pirate stream.

Friday

Commander Creations: Are you an aspiring artist? Do you make Elite-related videos? Commander Creations is a great way to share your work with the community! Make sure to use the hashtag #CommanderCreations or reply to the latest thread to submit your entries!

Have a great week Commanders.

o7

Last edited:
Hello Zac, please is possible to give some official answers about chance/date (at least rough estimate) for next patch? With patch 5 there arised new performance issues (mostly related to odyssey settlements) and there are also now new issues with previously working missions.

Not generated mission pois: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/39930
Restore settlement missions progress issue: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/39877
Game performence/FPS drops: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/39877 (there are more confirmed reports for this)

Hi @Zac Cocken earlier in the month before the Updates and Roadmap came out, it was suggested that console players would get some additional information about the development progress related to the launch of Odyssey on PS4 and Xbox One.

The last update was worded in such a way that suggested that the launch may be delayed, and we've not received any information about development progress at all. Would it be possible to provide a post/reply or stream comment on this subject at some point in the near future, please?

Hi @Zac Cocken earlier in the month before the Updates and Roadmap came out, it was suggested that console players would get some additional information about the development progress related to the launch of Odyssey on PS4 and Xbox One.

The last update was worded in such a way that suggested that the launch may be delayed, and we've not received any information about development progress at all. Would it be possible to provide a post/reply or stream comment on this subject at some point in the near future, please?
Mate, I didn’t think that we get an exact answer, only phrases. Sorry Fdev and CMs don’t get US wrong, but for the moment, it’s hard to stay calm. Taken too long for any news about the console version.

Greetings Commanders!

As always, we've got a great lineup of community content for you to get involved in this week, whether that's submitting your photos to #StellarScreenshots, or tuning in to one of our streams! Here's the schedule:

UgdPIRh.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #40: Zac & Bruce will be on stream this week to show off the best bits from the community, before jumping into the game!

Wednesday

Stellar Screenshots: Keep your amazing screenshots coming! We'll be picking this week's winners on Wednesday, so if you're looking for some tips, check out our recent SPVFA stream!

ED Elite Club: We're seeing more Commanders reach the pinnacle every week! Submit your screenshot of your Elite rank or decal using #EDEliteClub on Twitter!

Thursday

Arf's Pirate Stream: The Twitterverse demanded it, and here it is. Arthur will be donning his favourite pirate outfit and sailing (flying?) the high seas of space and getting up to no good in this bumper pirate stream.

Friday

Commander Creations: Are you an aspiring artist? Do you make Elite-related videos? Commander Creations is a great way to share your work with the community! Make sure to use the hashtag #CommanderCreations or reply to the latest thread to submit your entries!

o7
🤣

Greetings Commanders!

UgdPIRh.png

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

o7
Me looking for Powerplay or anything meaningful MMO related content dedicated in the news.

Rolling bush in the desert

But isn't the absence of news itself some news by its own?

Zac and Community Team, this is all fluff. After the big promise Arthur made of openess and communication, and the promised Hollywood blockbuster Road(map) Movie which got turned into a forum post, that told us exactly nothing........ is this really the way to go?

This isn't personal, I think you're all good guys - but I really don't understand the logic going on here. It was all about "We have heard you, we are going to tell you whatt's going on...." What happened to that? If there's a problem telling us what's going on, then tell us that, explain it.

I've not had major problems with Odyssey, and I think it's great, and destined to be better still. What I am really confused about is the inconsistency. It's like there was a revolution in communication, but it adhered too closely to Newtonian physics and spun all the way back to the starting position. I'm not blaming you, I'm sure your hands are tied, but this is bull excrement. Seriously.

Update 5 fixed a bunch of minor little quibbles relating to data spawns and raid missions, but then completely and utterly tanked performance and made the game unplayable.

I could play the game without Yarden Bond. I can't play the game when my framerates drop to single digits.

Top Bottom