Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 05 July 2021

They have already told us that update 6 will not happen until after the console release, so 'round about this time next year if ever.
They did ?
Sorry I missed that post/info could you link it or do you remember where they posted that ?

Thanks.

Err, kind of obvious question but is there nothing planned in terms of feeding back on updated plans for addressing the EDO issues, some newly introduced with Update 5 like:
❔
Nope, I don't know how you can not see this but EDo is in a perfectly fine state ready for console launch so the dev team is now working on porting the expenasion (scam) to consoles so more revenue can be generated.

They did ?
Sorry I missed that post/info could you link it or do you remember where they posted that ?

Thanks.
Go back and look at the "road map" post. They outlined the 5 updates and said that after that all efforts will be focused on the console release. There may be minor fixes but no more major updates until after console release. The "Dev Update Post" strongly hinted that they expect console release to slip. In 3 or 4 months when we hit the time frame they are telling us the console release will be they will announce that due to (insert non-fdev competency reason here) the release will be delayed by a few months.

Tried a couple of salvage missions this morning but the POIs wouldn't spawn so I can't complete either mission. The nasty texturing on some of the planets and pop-in as you enter orbit and glide down totally breaks previous immersion levels. Not making any money on ground missions either so my carrier is just devouring my bank account in the meantime and I can't even walk around on it! I do try to play EDO but it still fights me the whole way.

Tried a couple of salvage missions this morning but the POIs wouldn't spawn so I can't complete either mission. The nasty texturing on some of the planets and pop-in as you enter orbit and glide down totally breaks previous immersion levels. Not making any money on ground missions either so my carrier is just devouring my bank account in the meantime and I can't even walk around on it! I do try to play EDO but it still fights me the whole way.
This is why we need events like Stellar Screenshots and Arf's Pirate Stream. The game is doing more than fine. We're celebrating a huge success!

CAT MEDIA ..
B5AA0F20-B2E6-4B4D-BAB3-4CD9F57E14E5.jpeg

Greetings Commanders!

As always, we've got a great lineup of community content for you to get involved in this week, whether that's submitting your photos to #StellarScreenshots, or tuning in to one of our streams! Here's the schedule:

UgdPIRh.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #40: Zac & Bruce will be on stream this week to show off the best bits from the community, before jumping into the game!

Wednesday

Stellar Screenshots: Keep your amazing screenshots coming! We'll be picking this week's winners on Wednesday, so if you're looking for some tips, check out our recent SPVFA stream!

ED Elite Club: We're seeing more Commanders reach the pinnacle every week! Submit your screenshot of your Elite rank or decal using #EDEliteClub on Twitter!

Thursday

Arf's Pirate Stream: The Twitterverse demanded it, and here it is. Arthur will be donning his favourite pirate outfit and sailing (flying?) the high seas of space and getting up to no good in this bumper pirate stream.

Friday

Commander Creations: Are you an aspiring artist? Do you make Elite-related videos? Commander Creations is a great way to share your work with the community! Make sure to use the hashtag #CommanderCreations or reply to the latest thread to submit your entries!

Have a great week Commanders.

o7
Hope all is well over there. If Devs go on strike, I'll understand...

So you're gonna talk about update 6 this week right? Clearly you can't think update 5 is satisfactory enough to switch to the console version right now. If you're not gonna give us an update until the console release can we get a refund please? You sold us a finished game not a broken product like you released.
There was confirmation about Update 5 performance issues on reddit today. I think however that it is very unlikely that we can get info about next patch sooner before when they will identify a reasons for performance issues and prepare fix for it. CMs therefore hardly can give any ETA right now ...

Greetings Commanders!

As always, we've got a great lineup of community content for you to get involved in this week, whether that's submitting your photos to #StellarScreenshots, or tuning in to one of our streams! Here's the schedule:

UgdPIRh.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #40: Zac & Bruce will be on stream this week to show off the best bits from the community, before jumping into the game!

Wednesday

Stellar Screenshots: Keep your amazing screenshots coming! We'll be picking this week's winners on Wednesday, so if you're looking for some tips, check out our recent SPVFA stream!

ED Elite Club: We're seeing more Commanders reach the pinnacle every week! Submit your screenshot of your Elite rank or decal using #EDEliteClub on Twitter!

Thursday

Arf's Pirate Stream: The Twitterverse demanded it, and here it is. Arthur will be donning his favourite pirate outfit and sailing (flying?) the high seas of space and getting up to no good in this bumper pirate stream.

Friday

Commander Creations: Are you an aspiring artist? Do you make Elite-related videos? Commander Creations is a great way to share your work with the community! Make sure to use the hashtag #CommanderCreations or reply to the latest thread to submit your entries!

Have a great week Commanders.

o7
Yeah nah, hard pass for me on this one.

@Zac Cocken how about to stop streaming Supercruise News at all (until the majority of EDO issues are resolved) and switch to the stream showing up the fixes from the latest update? Just demonstrating the work of test engineers at FDev...
Seconded. Anyone can stream the game. As much as I respect the CM team, it could be bringing something more unique and special to the table. We've seen some glimmering of it in recent weeks with discussion about short term plans and fixes for the game and I'd like to see the CM team diving deeper into this area. I'd also like to see a much stronger focus on the direction and future of the game.

Note: I respect the change from a monthly developer stream to a monthly forum post but there is something we lose with the change... we don't get to see top members of the development team excitedly talking about the game's future or reacting to player feedback. This is something that I think the player base needs to see on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom