Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 05 July 2021

IMHO. I think they are going to do a Hello Games from now on. No responses from CMs on posts since Thursday last week and that was Sally.

Many indicators are telling that ED is dying slowly, but it looks like FD has no intent to stop that. I think releasing EDO is one of exit strategy for moving on next IP. But failed exit strategy...
I heared the way they set up the game the " Cheap " way, so they don't need to spend a lot of money to run it - but it's also why in Multi crew and Shared missions you will get disconnects. We saw it on Stream last Thursday where Bruce disconnected.
So yea they can exit in theory while runnig Elite on maintenance mode selling cosmetics and doing the usual " Rebalancing " patches that MMO's love doing when they have nothing else to add.

Because the CM team isn't allowed to talk about the game's future (beyond the next short term patch) with any specificity.
Or at all. FD had a slavishly loyal fan base that was hyped by even a glimpse of a screenshot of what could be a new ship.

I have no clue who is the project manager but it's spectacular how they've managed to get that community to officially turn EDO into the fifteenth worst game ever in Steam. I honestly struggle to think how this could have been handled worse.

From keeping system requirements in the dark, promises of an optimized branch, "just wait for the five updates", the only talk of the future being "no VR or interiors, bye!" (days after promising a specific event around VR to collect fesmedback), the "we will be more honest and open!" immediately followed by turning a promised dev stream into a dev post into a post with no developer in sight, the complete radio silence on when things will be fixed, Braben pretending it runs great on his old pc and nobody could see the performance issues coming and so forth.

It's absolutely stunning to see such a huge pile of needless blunders and the mindless frenzy it resulted in.

Last edited:
Or at all. FD had a slavishly loyal fan base that was hyped by even a glimpse of a screenshot of what could be a new ship.

I have no clue who is the project manager but it's spectacular how they've managed to get that community to officially turn EDO into the fifteenth worst game ever in Steam. I honestly struggle to think how this could have been handled worse.

From keeping system requirements in the dark, promises of an optimized branch, "just wait for the five updates", the only talk of the future being "no VR or interiors, bye!" (days after promising a specific event around VR to collect fesmedback), the "we will be more honest and open!" immediately followed by turning a promised dev stream into a dev post into a post with no developer in sight, the complete radio silence on when things will be fixed, Braben pretending it runs great on his old pc and nobody could see the performance issues coming and so forth.

It's absolutely stunning to see such a huge pile of needless blunders and the mindless frenzy it resulted in.
Well, of course they could have done worse, they could have merged the clients and release on console on the first day to maximise the fallout!

Luckily they didn't because they at least understood it wasn't ready... oh wait, does this go against their narrative?

Well, of course they could have done worse, they could have merged the clients and release on console on the first day to maximise the fallout!

Luckily they didn't because they at least understood it wasn't ready... oh wait, does this go against their narrative?
In theory it being ready for console and pc are two different things though.

Err, kind of obvious question but is there nothing planned in terms of feeding back on updated plans for addressing the EDO issues, some newly introduced with Update 5 like:
❔
Some of your issues are resolved here :- https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-server-update.584938/

Greetings Commanders!

As always, we've got a great lineup of community content for you to get involved in this week, whether that's submitting your photos to #StellarScreenshots, or tuning in to one of our streams! Here's the schedule:

UgdPIRh.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #40: Zac & Bruce will be on stream this week to show off the best bits from the community, before jumping into the game!

Wednesday

Stellar Screenshots: Keep your amazing screenshots coming! We'll be picking this week's winners on Wednesday, so if you're looking for some tips, check out our recent SPVFA stream!

ED Elite Club: We're seeing more Commanders reach the pinnacle every week! Submit your screenshot of your Elite rank or decal using #EDEliteClub on Twitter!

Thursday

Arf's Pirate Stream: The Twitterverse demanded it, and here it is. Arthur will be donning his favourite pirate outfit and sailing (flying?) the high seas of space and getting up to no good in this bumper pirate stream.

Friday

Commander Creations: Are you an aspiring artist? Do you make Elite-related videos? Commander Creations is a great way to share your work with the community! Make sure to use the hashtag #CommanderCreations or reply to the latest thread to submit your entries!

Have a great week Commanders.

o7
🤷‍♂️ :confused::cautious::censored::sleep:

how else would you reload a double-barrel
Oh, I can repair that myself.

Have you ever fired a shotgun from the hip? I might as well put on a tutu instead of space suit. After every BLAM I'd make a damn pirouette.
Npc's no longer die like "AAAAAAAAAAHHRG (gargling sounds)", but like "AAAAAHAHAHAHHhahahahaha (chortling sounds)".
Its ridiculous.

Top Bottom