Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 11 October 2021

They haven't elaborated on "where" they want it before work on the console which is why, as I've said, after three months they should at least address the console community on where they are and where they want to be before releasing to console. We all know it's not where anyone wants it on any platform. But again, the point is communication.
I just don't get it.

You want communication about what?!

You made nothing clear. What exactly is your question?
When Odyssey will be released for consoles? Nobody knows.
Personally, I would think communication with their community would be a priority even if it means reiterating what they've said the last time they directly addressed consoles back in July and having a bit of backlash. I've said before that even something that summarizes the progress they've made on PC and how that's still not quite to the level of picking up the console roadmap again would be something, especially after three months, but I don't work there.

I just don't get it.

You want communication about what?!

Meanwhile, for those sat in PC land - with access to Odyssey, the Xbox and Playstation commanders have been asking for something, anything, in a way of indication of when console users will get to see it.

Sally is exhausted telling us 'nothing to share'

-492 days since consoles last got new functionality - Fleet Carriers.

Meanwhile, for those sat in PC land - with access to Odyssey, the Xbox and Playstation commanders have been asking for something, anything, in a way of indication of when console users will get to see it.

Sally is exhausted telling us 'nothing to share'

-492 days since consoles last got new functionality - Fleet Carriers.
As I already said, nobody knows the answer to your question. 🤷‍♂️

I guess I, and the rest of the console community, missed that. Do you have a link?

Sally basically replied each week since August on that thread, doing exactly what you want:

even if it means reiterating what they've said the last time they directly addressed consoles back in July and having a bit of backlash.

As I already said, nobody knows the answer to your question. 🤷‍♂️
How about:
a session giving an update on progress....

a session with a CM (or two) and a couple of the Dev leads, that gives an insight into the challenges that they are facing on PC build and how they are handling / planning to handle the console port.

what to they determine 'good' looks like and why 'good' for one may not be 'good' for another.

They may not want to share a date but you can bet that someone in the organisation will have proposed something - someone will know the target that they are aiming for. (I hope)

Sally basically replied each week since August on that thread, doing exactly what you want:
@sallymorganmoore is just a CM who can't say anything that the leadership at Frontier doesn't allow her to say. Not her fault, she's restricted by what she is allowed or not allowed to share. As I've also said, consoles get flippant remarks from CMs in threads or live streams, there has been nothing specifically directed to console users since Braben said the roadmap is off the table at the moment. These console flare-ups are most likely going to continue until there's an official response, not just a CM offhand remark.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
@sallymorganmoore is just a CM who can't say anything that the leadership at Frontier doesn't allow her to say. Not her fault, she's restricted by what she is allowed or not allowed to share.
This is absolutely accurate.
As I've also said, consoles get flippant remarks from CMs in threads or live streams, there has been nothing specifically directed to console users since Braben said the roadmap is off the table at the moment.
This is the thing that makes me frustrated the most, right? People think we're 'flippant' or think we don't care, or don't wanna say, or just...yeah whatever "don't care". That is NOT the case. We're not meaning in any way to be "flippant" but people wanna taint us that way. We just literally have nothing to say - every week I'll keep saying it 'til we have something to say.

These console flare-ups are most likely going to continue until there's an official response, not just a CM offhand remark.
And as I've said before, numerous times - when these flare ups do happen I COMPLETELY sympathise. I COMPLETELY understand why. I will COMPLETELY keep pushing with the entire team on making it so they stop happening and the Galaxy can be happy again on this one.

How about:
a session giving an update on progress....

a session with a CM (or two) and a couple of the Dev leads, that gives an insight into the challenges that they are facing on PC build and how they are handling / planning to handle the console port.

what to they determine 'good' looks like and why 'good' for one may not be 'good' for another.
Sure why not, I know it wouldn't help much though.
They may not want to share a date but you can bet that someone in the organisation will have proposed something - someone will know the target that they are aiming for. (I hope)
I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even aiming for a target right now. Currently the priority is to fix Odyssey. It doesn't just need performance improvements (which is absoultely necessary to make it run on consoles) they also need to improve the game in general. It gets a 31/100 rating on Steam, at this point it would be idiotic to put any effort into a console release.

@sallymorganmoore is just a CM who can't say anything that the leadership at Frontier doesn't allow her to say. Not her fault, she's restricted by what she is allowed or not allowed to share. As I've also said, consoles get flippant remarks from CMs in threads or live streams, there has been nothing specifically directed to console users since Braben said the roadmap is off the table at the moment. These console flare-ups are most likely going to continue until there's an official response, not just a CM offhand remark.
If management had something definitive to say about the console release at this point, they would probably tell Sally to say it. 🤷‍♂️
In case you didn't know, the CM team usually handles the official announcements.

Do you think 'management' doesn't tell you simply to annoy you?

PS
I think they should mention consoles in the monthly development updates though, even when it's just 'no news'.

This is absolutely accurate.

This is the thing that makes me frustrated the most, right? People think we're 'flippant' or think we don't care, or don't wanna say, or just...yeah whatever "don't care". That is NOT the case. We're not meaning in any way to be "flippant" but people wanna taint us that way. We just literally have nothing to say - every week I'll keep saying it 'til we have something to say.

And as I've said before, numerous times - when these flare ups do happen I COMPLETELY sympathise. I COMPLETELY understand why. I will COMPLETELY keep pushing with the entire team on making it so they stop happening and the Galaxy can be happy again on this one.
You're right and I apologize, flippant may not be the right word, probably more offhand short/sweet comments are really more accurate. Totally understand that you have nothing to share and these flare-ups are aggravating for you, but I have one last question and I'm done with this dead horse.

Is the leadership at Frontier aware of the unrest/turmoil of the console community right now....and is it a concern for them? (It's a two-parter so you can answer whichever you like). Thanks for all you do Sally. I know these comments are frustrating for you, but I hope that you and the other CMs and Frontier leadership see it more as a community who is in love with your game and just wants to be included.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Is the leadership at Frontier aware of the unrest/turmoil of the console community right now....and is it a concern for them?
10000000%
But listen, like it was said back on the post where it was outlined why Console's are delayed right now - there is also obviously a concern and necessity over getting Odyssey straight BEFORE then moving it off the platform it's currently wobbly on.
There's no malice toward console players intended, it's a whole two pronged thing right?
We need to plug a hole here for the bucket to fill, otherwise...i mean who wants multiple holes in the same...bucket? I need water in this bucket g*d*mm*t!

What on earth is happening to me right now....

(It's a two-parter so you can answer whichever you like). Thanks for all you do Sally. I know these comments are frustrating for you, but I hope that you and the other CMs and Frontier leadership see it more as a community who is in love with your game and just wants to be included.
You're very kind. Honestly. We do see it. We really, really do.

There was nothing targeted at Sally, I believe that she would love to share more than she is allowed.
I will post the same comments in this thread that I did in the other.

Hopefully it will change soon. Update 8 is close and we are about two weeks away from the next dev update. I hope that it will include something towards Consoles.
I bought the game both Base + Horizons (didn't get the Cobra MkIV like PC or XBox but that's a different story) at launch on the Playstation back in July 2017.
Four years on, I've put the game down having achieved Elite in Trading, Travelling and Targetting. I did Beagle Point as part of DW2 and gained sufficient credits to purchase a Fleet Carrier which is currently out in the black as part of the DSSA initiative.

I understand how this works.

That shouldn't stop me posting (politely) in the discussion forums about what I would want to happen to the Playstation platform.
At the moment, I would like Odyssey to be rolled out to Playstation (happy to act as a tester if required - I have a PS5) but ALL discussion for the past six months+ has been PC. Whether it's been FPS, textures, VR, Combat, non Combat - it's all be done to service the PC community.
Please spread a little share to Console Colleagues.

There was nothing targeted at Sally, I believe that she would love to share more than she is allowed.
I will post the same comments in this thread that I did in the other.

Hopefully it will change soon. Update 8 is close and we are about two weeks away from the next dev update. I hope that it will include something towards Consoles.
I bought the game both Base + Horizons (didn't get the Cobra MkIV like PC or XBox but that's a different story) at launch on the Playstation back in July 2017.
Four years on, I've put the game down having achieved Elite in Trading, Travelling and Targetting. I did Beagle Point as part of DW2 and gained sufficient credits to purchase a Fleet Carrier which is currently out in the black as part of the DSSA initiative.

I understand how this works.
(y)

That shouldn't stop me posting (politely) in the discussion forums about what I would want to happen to the Playstation platform.
Absolutely, I don't think anyone wants you to stop posting. Having a discussion about your posts is to be expected though.
At the moment, I would like Odyssey to be rolled out to Playstation (happy to act as a tester if required - I have a PS5) but ALL discussion for the past six months+ has been PC. Whether it's been FPS, textures, VR, Combat, non Combat - it's all be done to service the PC community.
Please spread a little share to Console Colleagues.
I don't think we can currently realistically expect a console beta. Maybe once they have an idea which version they want to bring to consoles. Anyway, every improvement to the PC version will be an improvement to the console version. To be honest, personally I wouldn't expect it before mid 2022.

At this point, its akin to going on a road trip with my daughter in the back seat asking "are we there yet?", when I haven't even started the car yet.

"No, we're not there yet. I've told you 20 times that its going to take a while, I can't tell you how long because traffic is all over the place, and I know I'll have to stop god knows how many times for bathroom and snack breaks. So please stop asking the same question over and over, and stop thinking that just because I don't have an answer for you that I hate you. Now button it, watch the My Little Pony videos on your ipad, and let me drive in peace before I turn the car off and sit in the garage on my own drinking beer while sobbing about the state of the world."

Last edited:
At this point, its akin to going on a road trip with my daughter in the back seat asking "are we there yet?", when I haven't even started the car yet.

"No, we're not there yet. I've told you 20 times that its going to take a while, I can't tell you how long because traffic is all over the place, and I know I'll have to stop god knows how many times for bathroom and snack breaks. So please stop asking the same question over and over, and stop thinking that just because I don't have an answer for you that I hate you. Now button it, watch the My Little Pony videos on your ipad, and let me drive in peace before I turn the car off and sit in the garage on my own drinking beer while sobbing about the state of the world."
So, about those snacks you promised….also, are we there yet?

Top Bottom