Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 17 May 2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

Today is the start of a huge week here at Frontier with the release of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey right around the corner on Wednesday 19 May! We hope you're as excited as we are for the launch, and we're looking forward to seeing where your newfound legs will take you! There's a lot to look forward to this week, so here's the community schedule:

8MhGTUC.png

Please be aware that whilst we are aiming for the times listed above, they are subject to change. Please keep an eye on our social accounts for any potential changes.

Tuesday

Odyssey Competition: We'll have more information on this tomorrow, but this is not a competition any Commander will want to miss!

Wednesday

Server Downtime: As mentioned in our previous post, we expect all Elite Dangerous servers to be offline from 07:00 - 18:00 UTC on Wednesday as we prepare for the launch of Odyssey.

Odyssey Launch: We're currently aiming for a launch time of 18:00 UTC for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey! Please stay tuned to our social accounts for any updates.

Stellar Screenshots: Whilst there's a lot going on this week, there's still room for your fantastic photography! We'll be gathering this week's best shots on Wednesday.

Thursday

Odyssey Launch Stream: Join us at 14:00 UTC for our Odyssey launch stream! We'll be joined by some guest developers as we celebrate the release! You'll also get the chance to acquire any of the Twitch Drops you may have missed so far!

Friday

Commander Creations: After a great first week of entries, #CommanderCreations will continue on Friday! Please submit your creations on Twitter using the hashtag, or on last week's thread!

The wait is almost over Commanders - it's time to get your feet on the ground!

o7

@Zac Cocken when you say launch time can you clarify if this means start playing time or start downloading time? If the latter it means play time might be 4-5hours later based on the Alpha download time.
Many thanks

@Zac Cocken when you say launch time can you clarify if this means start playing time or start downloading time? If the latter it means play time might be 4-5hours later based on the Alpha download time.
Many thanks
How can Frontier know how fast your download speed is?
I might be going out on a limb here, but I would guess that Launch means the point at which everything is opened up to Gen Public to access.

Out of curiosity - what's the difference between the 4C and 5? Tried both the EyeX and 4C, but after a while always went back to TrackIR.

Regarding eye tracking features it's pretty much the same as the 4C, but the Tobii 5 has far better head tracking support than the 4C. Head Tracking now works flawlessly even when emulating TrackIR using the FacetrackNoIr app.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I would guess that Launch means the point at which everything is opened up to Gen Public to access.
That’s what I’m thinking but just checking so I can sneak out of work to download it. :ROFLMAO:
My download time will be my issue before playtime 😂

Was hoping we could download update earlier before server opens up for access to launch into the game.

That’s what I’m thinking but just checking so I can sneak out of work to download it. :ROFLMAO:
My download time will be my issue before playtime 😂

Was hoping we could download update earlier before server opens up for access to launch into the game.
Install teamviewer at home and start the download using your mobile.

Either way 4-5 hours for a download seems to go back to the 64KB / s modem.

Maybe in some places with satellite download ? Or an Adsl line at 1 MB / s, unfortunately it still exists.

I suppose that even in the event of a download flood, Frontier with the experience will have to prepare its logistics in relation.

😷

Top Bottom