Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 19th July 2021

Dev update 2 should all be about Update 6, and what they have planned for Update 7.

If not, then I'm simply not interested.

The "not announcing things until they are set in stone" is the mindset that needs to change if they're going to make good on David Braben's promises. I don't care how they do it, but looking at Asobo's Kanban summaries (with regular reviews) would be a good starting point IMO. 🤷‍♀️

What do you mean?
Getting away with a next maintenance patch dev update! :p

PS: And they won't tell about it before the dev update because they realized that their fault with dev update 1 was that we already knew half of that........... :p
... or so they might think

Last edited:
Dev update 2 should all be about Update 6, and what they have planned for Update 7.

If not, then I'm simply not interested.

The "not announcing things until they are set in stone" is the mindset that needs to change if they're going to make good on David Braben's promises. I don't care how they do it, but looking at Asobo's Kanban summaries (with regular reviews) would be a good starting point IMO. 🤷‍♀️

The reason Arf got roasted last time with the "Dev Update" was because 95% of the post was about Update 5, which was then released the very next day and we got full patch notes. Releasing double information in a short period is not what the community wants to hear, the dev update should be a distinct information that can stand on its own. Unless Update 6 contains new features, then by all means gimme that info.

Getting away with a next maintenance patch dev update! :p

PS: And they won't tell about it before the dev update because they realized that their fault with dev update 1 was that we already knew half of that........... :p
... or so they might think

They can talk about whatever they want - but I'm only interested in future plans, whether that be the next day, or (better) a month from then.

So if they say "Hey, we're about to drop update 6, here's roughly what's in it and why we prioritised these fixes over others", I'd also expect to see stuff about update 7 and what didn't make it into update 6. Maybe even a little bit about why, and next steps.

I feel that would calm people's nerves a bit about "BuT YoU D1dn't f1X mAH BuG!1!1!" stuff that we always see.

I'm afraid that all the waiting for Update 6 will send expectations through the roof again.

I agree, now is a very good time to manage expectations in terms of what the aim of update 6 is, what they are targeting, and what they "hope to release", perhaps even with WIP images or footage if applicable/possible. Accompanied with a massive disclaimer that not all "hope to release" topics may make it in and pushed out to a subsequent update.

Otherwise it'll just spiral out of all control with unchecked expectations:

So with the current state of the game, I'm almost expecting a new game.

Update 6: Nothing to announce at the moment, obviously as soon as it's all locked in we'll let you know.

Dev Update 2: Still on track for the end of the month (not this week)
A thought to pass on, but right now the game might benefit from smaller, more frequent patches than larger fix-everything patches (especially because some things invariably break). The wait time is brutal when something gets broken, and since it's PC-only right now, there's no need to go through the Xbox/Playstation patch process.

I think the main thing as a team we want to pull off is more insight into what's coming next, and the current progress / challenges, as David said in his recent message. I'm looking forward to getting the ball rolling on that kind of thing on a regular basis if possible. I know it's not game related but sharing things like the community calendar ahead of time in a WIP state is something that we would like to translate into game news - we did so with the Outfitting UI changes that came in recently, and I think it went down well.
On the subject of UI's on the map screens, when you click on a planet an info screen pops up and as often as not blocks the planet you're llooking at. Rude! Also, I can't work out when I'm assessing a mission if you can tell how far away a given planet is from the main star, jump-in point. Might be my eyes..... can it be done?

A thought to pass on, but right now the game might benefit from smaller, more frequent patches than larger fix-everything patches (especially because some things invariably break). The wait time is brutal when something gets broken, and since it's PC-only right now, there's no need to go through the Xbox/Playstation patch process.
Considering how update5 made it unplayable for money maybe more rushed small updates are not that great...

@Zac Cocken ... Hello ! Any chance that somebody from your Quality Assurance Team might appear on a Supercruise News stream in the next few weeks?

head-of-qa.jpg

Would like to know why there is nothing to tell about patch 6.

1. Everything is on track but FD plans so many changes that it just takes longer?
1a. Then it would be nice to see an overview of what FD plans with the patch, but more info then "working on improvements"

2. FD ran into unexpected issues which delay the release
2a. Then a short info what causes the problems would be nice.

Otherwise we are back at "we are doing stuff" type of communication.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Half an hour delay due to some technical difficulties.
Nofications are in the Twitch chat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom