Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 19th July 2021

Update 6: Nothing to announce at the moment, obviously as soon as it's all locked in we'll let you know.

Dev Update 2: Still on track for the end of the month (not this week)
You order a package on Amazon, and 3 weeks later, they tell you " We'll let you know when we are ready to ship it to you ".

Come on guys, you sold a product, the least you can do is keep people informed on what you working on to fix it and how much progress you have made so far.

This is why i don't buy games in Early Acess on Steam anymore, same dissapointments over and over...

We are aware, and want the game to be fixed because we care... however the lack of meaningful interaction, is not reassuring the player base, rather it is causing tempers to run short and frayed. All that we really want (royal we, as one does not speak for anyone else) is open and honest communication, in a clear manner. People like Sally do a wonderful job where they can, but it really needs a policy rethink on how they talk to the player base about what is happening to the game
I agree to a certain extent that a policy rethink on communication with the player base should be top of FDevs agenda totally and @sallymorganmoore is an absolute star in doing this definitely. Demanding answers in supercruise news in a twitch chat box about updates and information that even FDev probably don't know whats going to be fixed when and where. I do not agree with.

I agree to a certain extent that a policy rethink on communication with the player base should be top of FDevs agenda totally and @sallymorganmoore is an absolute star in doing this definitely. Demanding answers in supercruise news in a twitch chat box about updates and information that even FDev probably don't know whats going to be fixed when and where. I do not agree with.
the issue lies in Twitch being used as the front for announcing new stuff and development fixes, not that using twitch in itself is bad, but people are frustrated with the lack of any meaningful feedback and actively watch the feeds on twitch because they have come to expect that to be the information portal.

Guys maybe if we just yell at them some more they'll give up and reveal that all the answers were hiding under the bed the whole time! /s

Making video games is very hard, and they've screwed up a lot already. Let them work for a while. Supercruise News is pretty blatantly a live stream about community news at this point, not game development stuff. If they actually did just spend the whole thing answering chat questions every time, it'd pretty much just be this every week:

"No, we still aren't doing ship interiors or legs VR."
"Yup, we know the framerate's bad. The developers are working on fixing the framerate problems."
"No, we can't really elaborate on as to what's being worked on, because it's complicated."
"Yes, we know you want ship interiors, we aren't working on them right now. Thank you for the feedback."
"Yes, we know nobody likes engineering but it's a core gameplay system that we can't remove."
"Armstrong moment. We know. Very funny. Right."
"Yes, we know you want legs VR. We aren't working on that right now. Thank you for the feedback."
"Yes, we know planetary tech isn't working correctly. Our developers are working on fixing that."
"Yes, console release has been delayed. Yup, we understand you're mad, but we need to fix the PC version."
"No, we still aren't doing ship interiors. Yes, we know you're very angry. Thank you for the feedback."

Just on an unending loop week after week until something changes on the dev side and they're cleared to talk about it. Honestly, I'd rather them talk about community events than that, and have them bring news when they have news to bring. The self-perpetuating negativity feedback loop is tiring.

Last edited:
Guys maybe if we just yell at them some more they'll give up and reveal that all the answers were hiding under the bed the whole time! /s

Making video games is very hard, and they've screwed up a lot already. Let them work for a while. Supercruise News is pretty blatantly a live stream about community news at this point, not game development stuff. If they actually did just spend the whole thing answering chat questions ever time, it'd pretty much just be this every week:

"No, we still aren't doing ship interiors or legs VR."
"Yup, we know the framerate's bad. The developers are working on fixing the framerate problems."
"No, we can't really elaborate on as to what's being worked on, because it's complicated."
"Yes, we know you want ship interiors, we aren't working on them right now. Thank you for the feedback."
"Yes, we know nobody likes engineering but it's a core gameplay system that we can't remove."
"Armstrong moment. We know. Very funny. Right."
"Yes, we know you want legs VR. We aren't working on that right now. Thank you for the feedback."
"Yes, we know planetary tech isn't working correctly. Our developers are working on fixing that."
"Yes, console release has been delayed. Yup, we understand you're mad, but we need to fix the PC version."
"No, we still aren't doing ship interiors. Yes, we know you're very angry. Thank you for the feedback."

Just on an unending loop week after week until something changes on the dev side and they're cleared to talk about it. Honestly, I'd rather them talk about community events than that, and have them bring news when they have news to bring. The self-perpetuating negativity feedback loop is tiring.
Agree 100%. I actively push chat to one side whilst watching the stream due to the amount of deleted posts that the mods have to work overtime to remove.

Last edited:
Ok..... I'm a production manager.
My boss comes to me and says " I want this implemented" let's call it Odyssey.
I say "No problem, let me do a feasibility study and I'll report to it to you at our weekly meeting next Friday"
Next Friday comes and my boss says "how are we on the Odyssey project ? The board are asking questions."
I say "I can do that straight away, this will take a little longer and the other needs a slight change in infrastructure before it can be implemented"
"Ok" my boss says "see you next Friday"

Next Friday comes along and my boss says " the infrastructure you asked for is in place, can you give me a time scale for implementation"
I say " That has been done, this is one week away and the other is now 4 weeks off completion."
My boss replies"Thank you"

Use that scenario for Fdev and it looks like this........
"I want this implemented let's call it Odyssey"
"I can do that no problem at all"
"When will it be ready"
"19 may"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, it'll be buggy as but it we've got their money"
"But they will complain"
"Just tell them we're working on many fixes but can't give them any definitive answers"
"They won't accept that"
"Tell them we'll have lots of honest and clear news and live developer updates during the month of June"
"And will we ??"
"Not a chance but it'll keep them keen"

Which scenario works in the real world ?

I say "No problem, let me do a feasibility study and I'll report to it to you at our weekly meeting next Friday"
Next Friday comes and my boss says "how are we on the Odyssey project ? The board are asking questions."
I say "I can do that straight away, this will take a little longer and the other needs a slight change in infrastructure before it can be implemented"

Next Friday comes along and my boss says " the infrastructure you asked for is in place, can you give me a time scale for implementation"
I say " That has been done, this is one week away and the other is now 4 weeks off completion."

"When will it be ready"
"19 may"
"Are you sure?"
"But they will complain"
"Just tell them we're working on many fixes but can't give them any definitive answers"
"They won't accept that"
"Tell them we'll have lots of honest and clear news and live developer updates during the month of June"
"And will we ??"

:ROFLMAO: Very good :LOL: Instead of playing 🚀 Elite Dangerous for entertainment, now I just read this Forum.
I do hope they fix the game properly down the track.

Last edited:

"When will it be ready"
"19 may"
"Are you sure?"
"But they will complain"
"They won't accept that"
"And will we ??"

Obviously the second, but with more pressure by the boss

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous

I don't know if it's because I've needed a LOT of caffeine today or what, but a blast of clarity at random from me here - as a CM team, we want to talk about the future as much as you want to hear it - there is a future, we just need to get the info secured from all sides (there are so very, very many sides we depend on for that secured info).

We CMs won't ever intentionally hide anything or twist truths to be malicious toward any of you - we want to talk about things. I'm really, REALLY excited for when we can.

Hope you're having a lovely week anyway. You're all super dupers o7

I don't know if it's because I've needed a LOT of caffeine today or what, but a blast of clarity at random from me here - as a CM team, we want to talk about the future as much as you want to hear it - there is a future, we just need to get the info secured from all sides (there are so very, very many sides we depend on for that secured info).

We CMs won't ever intentionally hide anything or twist truths to be malicious toward any of you - we want to talk about things. I'm really, REALLY excited for when we can.

Do you guess if that info is coming before the end of the month or not Sally?

Posts like this are why I know we've got an amazing CM team.

Thanks Sally, and huge congrats on passing the probation (again) :D o7

Top Bottom