Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 28 June 2021

How can you say they are not relevant:
SteamED.png

You have to get back 7 month before you hit the average low numbers like it is right now for June 2021.
It's June 2021 - just 12 days after Odyssey release, and people were already stopping playing not just Odyssey but the whole game all together.

It is a terrible terrible statistic for a released DLC to lose 31% of players in just 1 month and 12 days.

This showes a massive failure of Odyssey DLC.
Another scaremonger. You said it yourself, 1 month and 12 days. Give it a few. Then wait for the console release. Then lets see how it all looks when it settles down.
With such a concern, you should be working for FDev.

Deleted member 192138

D
Hehe, now you're quoting specific days?
Also this info is a little distorted. Every time I play ED, it doesn't get counted on the Steam info. I, like many, play from the standalone launcher.
Then you have those who got Elite free on Epic who will play from there. Steam is not the be all and end all of the numbers.

I'm not even sure why you're so concerned about these numbers either. They're not so relevant. They are a reflection of all sorts of things along with the state of the game. But again, that's not the only reason why numbers fluctuate. If the numbers drop significantly, that might turn out to be a good thing. Until then I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not exactly something you can control.
I've never once worried about how many people were playing Elite on a given day/week/month. Nor for any other game.
You attached peak numbers to months. Those numbers were incorrectly attributed and not accurately indicative.

Steam numbers do not show total player activity. Trends in Steam numbers are indicative of trends in the wider game.

You can ignore them if you want, but don't massage the stats to suit your claim and then pretend they're all meaningless anyway.

Deleted member 192138

D
Another scaremonger. You said it yourself, 1 month and 12 days. Give it a few. Then wait for the console release. Then lets see how it all looks when it settles down.
With such a concern, you should be working for FDev.
Frontier would have to demonstrate that they have a handle on the substantive problems with the game to start attracting people back. Don't hold your breath about them cracking out a reverse card any time soon if the dev update is anything to go by. No wonder they pulled the dev stream when there's nothing substantial to tell us. All we've got is lightning in the cockpit returned to Horizons level visibility, and UI improvements that are still not the same level as Horizons utility. Then a load more question marks and "we're trying to determine pathways".

"Scaremonger"
Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/3orifgO1etoh3IdQ40/giphy.gif

Nice how everbody comes up with their own equasions on how it WILL be profitable.
Then again, we all own the game, and those who will buy the game now for VR only
can be counted with two hands

And one single Developer costs a Company arround 150.000£ per year.

Even tho´my G2 collects dust and i am sad about it, my equasion looks different.

I have been following it since 2013 and you are simply not realizing it yet. What they talk about always sounds impressive but it never actually happens. Eventually it is completely dropped (or gets 'Tier0') and replaced by something else that creates hype.

If you treat it as a TV show about a fictional game it's fine, but dont take anything they say serious. Pro tip: don't be impressed by anything CIG says until it is in the game, as mentioned, and working. So far that has only been the in-game ship sale events, everything else from missions to flight model to AI is 'tier0' after a decade, no matter how cool the things they once promised sounded.
That's how I am treating my actual enjoyment of the game. I'm enjoying what I've got, I've had some great experiences, and I've had some amazing bugs :) But you're right (just like with Elite's Development) we need to beware of the kool aid until you can actually see what it is....

You attached peak numbers to months. Those numbers were incorrectly attributed and not accurately indicative.

Steam numbers do not show total player activity. Trends in Steam numbers are indicative of trends in the wider game.

You can ignore them if you want, but don't massage the stats to suit your claim and then pretend they're all meaningless anyway.
Two posts to reply to one of mine? Man, you're obsessing too much. Are you a shareholder or a game player, because you're certainly coming across like the former.

I haven't massaged anything. I took the numbers from the same place you did. They're certainly meaningless to me. In that I don't give two flying ....'s about them. As I said, they're not something I can control (neither can you for that matter). How many people play the game on a given day isn't something I need to obsess on. I'll be honest, you're boring me with this simply because I don't care about it as much as you do. This discussion about the numbers has nothing to do with what you started replying to me about. So as far as the Steam-only numbers go, I'm done that conversation. I'm sure you'll invent your own reason for me saying that but I can assure you it's purely out of disinterest. It's a video game and how many people play or do not play is Frontier's concern, not mine. Okay?

Once again an absolutely useless live stream. 15 minutes of congratulating each other on the great things done this week, dodging any real questions, and then straight in to the low skill game play.

i was a faithful apologist for every release (including the massively buggy earlier games) since 1984. upper-tier kickstarter, confident that Braben, given the resources, could pull this off. as the 'improvements' landed, i was the guy who would always work to find the good, remaining, unmolested parts of the game that still could be found. to the people who continue to defend the game: i was one of you for decades. i get you. i was one of you.

but, you took away the comfortable ambience of my cockpit - that place we spend most of our time - to the point where lights shine in my eyes from everywhere, masking the work of your content creators behind pure-white glare and flare. this mess is now complete.

downloading NMS today on sale. people are ga-ga over their newest release. they seem to do better and better.

don't worry, the door won't hit me on the way out. that's buggy too.

Top Bottom