Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 28 June 2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

Let's round out the month of June with a new update to Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, amongst other things! Find out what's happening this week in our community schedule:

37KKDaY.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #39: This week's Supercruise News will discuss some of the upcoming changes in Update 5, the Community Calendar initiative, and all the best bits from the community. - 15:30 UTC on Twitch & YouTube

Wednesday

Development Update Post: We'll be sharing the latest information on the development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

ED Elite Club: There are always new Commanders entering the Elite Club, and we like to celebrate them! If you recently made an Elite rank, share an image on Twitter with the hashtag #EDEliteClub!

Stellar Screenshots: We're seeing better and better shots every week now that Commanders are getting used to Odyssey! Keep your amazing screenshots coming using the hashtag #StellarScreenshots.

Thursday

Update 5 Shared Missions Stream: Arthur & Bruce team up to take on some Shared Missions! - 18:00 UTC on Twitch & YouTube

Odyssey Update 5: The fifth update to Odyssey brings Outfitting UI improvements and more.

Friday

Commander Creations: There's no better way to sign off the week than with a great round of #CommanderCreations! Make sure to get your submissions in for a chance to be featured!

Fly safe Commanders,

o7

Looking forward to update #5.
@Zac Cocken Could you tell us if we will be getting any more updates for PC on route to the release of the DLC for console ?

Thanks.

Greetings Commanders!

Let's round out the month of June with a new update to Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, amongst other things! Find out what's happening this week in our community schedule:

37KKDaY.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #39: This week's Supercruise News will discuss some of the upcoming changes in Update 5, the Community Calendar initiative, and all the best bits from the community. - 15:30 UTC on Twitch & YouTube

Wednesday

Development Update Post: We'll be sharing the latest information on the development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

ED Elite Club: There are always new Commanders entering the Elite Club, and we like to celebrate them! If you recently made an Elite rank, share an image on Twitter with the hashtag #EDEliteClub!

Stellar Screenshots: We're seeing better and better shots every week now that Commanders are getting used to Odyssey! Keep your amazing screenshots coming using the hashtag #StellarScreenshots.

Thursday

Update 5 Shared Missions Stream: Arthur & Bruce team up to take on some Shared Missions! - 18:00 UTC on Twitch & YouTube

Odyssey Update 5: The fifth update to Odyssey brings Outfitting UI improvements and more.

Friday

Commander Creations: There's no better way to sign off the week than with a great round of #CommanderCreations! Make sure to get your submissions in for a chance to be featured!

Fly safe Commanders,

o7

@Zac Cocken I was expecting a "Developer update stream" as mentioned as recently as last week's Supercruise News, but the closest thing on this list I can see to that is the "development update post" which doesn't sound at all like the same thing. Has the developer stream been postponed, or is it part of one of the other streams mentioned?

Last edited:
Edit: The radio silence to my non-rhetorical questions as well as other members' comments is speaking volumes right now. I don't accept the excuse that it's almost 10pm in Cambridge. You don't drop a post with a gapping hole like this four hours ago and not leave yourself time to respond to feedback.

This is unprofessional and entirely contradictory to your claim of trying to improve communication.

---

Development Update Post? Surely you also mean Development Update Stream with actual developers talking about actual development which we were explicitly told would happen.

This is absolutely not the time to be screwing with the community.

I doubt that you don't recognize how important and pivotal this week is for the future of Elite in terms of the community's confidence in this game.

The fact that the promised dev stream for this week has not been listed in this week's schedule is a terrible omen which deeply undermines the honesty and credibility you've been attempting to rebuild.
  • This is not a rhetorical question; I am expecting an official answer: How can you justify that "you are listening" and "you care" yet continually fail to sincerely demonstrate that you are listening and that you do care?
This week's promised dev stream should have been your biggest win (and you guys desperately need wins right now) to help rebuild the community's confidence yet it has apparently become such an afterthought that it didn't even make it into this week's schedule. This is how you're demonstrating that you're not listening and that you don't care.

There should have been zero doubt that the dev stream should have been advertised front and center. You can vacuously use words like "honesty" and "care" all you want. Your actions do not demonstrate that you're not just making untenable claims to make people feel better in the short-term. This myopic, reactive ignorance and manipulation is how you demonstrate that you don't respect the intelligence of your players.

That is how you abuse a community.
  • Here's another non-rhetorical question to which I am expecting an official answer, as well as an example of FDev demonstrating that they don't care: Why was the Odyssey "roadmap" post not edited well in advance of June 24 to reflect that update 5 was pushed to July 1? Why was it only finally edited in the early morning of June 24? Who is accountable for this irresponsibility? You think that just mentioning it on stream is good enough? You expect that we're dumb enough to believe that you didn't realize that the "roadmap" should have been edited right away to reflect the change? There is no way you can reasonably justify that you didn't realize this.
I'll be relieving my frustration and disappointment by watching Star Citizen dev streams.

Last edited:
@Zac Cocken I was expecting a "Developer update stream" as mentioned as recently as last week's Supercruise News, but the closest thing on this list I can see to that is the "development update post" which doesn't sound at all like the same thing. Has the developer stream been postponed, or is it part of one of the other streams mentioned?
Maybe all devs planned a sick day on Wednesday to avoid the stream!

It is time for Frontier Developments and David Braben to admit that the game is end of life. Odyssey was never completed and will never be completed. It was a last gasp cash grab with the horrible code they had.

If they come clean now they might be able to save their company but it is very possible that the damage they have done is already fatal.

F1 and Games Workshop will take note of how their handle their own IP and how little they care about the players.

It is time for Frontier Developments and David Braben to admit that the game is end of life. Odyssey was never completed and will never be completed. It was a last gasp cash grab with the horrible code they had.

If they come clean now they might be able to save their company but it is very possible that the damage they have done is already fatal.

F1 and Games Workshop will take note of how their handle their own IP and how little they care about the players.
come on you don't believe that
Elite could spectacularly implode on itself and take out the ED forums with it and it would have very little impact on the company as a whole

Top Bottom