Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 28 June 2021

Maybe the dev post will be so long it woulnd't fit a stream...

Seriously, i think they DID listen to us, we said that we want info in the forum, not in some stream, so they complied!

Hopefully they will shine some light on the last minute changes regarding the DEV update in tomorrows stream. I'm fine either way, as long as we get some information.

It is time for Frontier Developments and David Braben to admit that the game is end of life. Odyssey was never completed and will never be completed. It was a last gasp cash grab with the horrible code they had.

If they come clean now they might be able to save their company but it is very possible that the damage they have done is already fatal.

F1 and Games Workshop will take note of how their handle their own IP and how little they care about the players.
if what you say is true then the only thing they could say on Wednesday is thanks we are shutting the servers off..... how would that save the company

Edit: The radio silence to my non-rhetorical questions as well as other members' comments is speaking volumes right now. I don't accept the excuse that it's almost 10pm in Cambridge. You don't drop a post like this four hours ago and not leave yourself time to respond to feedback.

This is unprofessional and entirely contradictory to your claim of trying to improve communication.

---

Development Update Post? Surely you also mean Development Update Stream with actual developers talking about actual development which we were explicitly told would happen.

This is absolutely not the time to be screwing with the community.

I doubt that you don't recognize how important and pivotal this week is for the future of Elite in terms of the community's confidence in this game.

The fact that the promised dev stream for this week has not been listed in this week's schedule is a terrible omen which deeply undermines the honesty and credibility you've been attempting to rebuild.
  • This is not a rhetorical question; I am expecting an official answer: How can you justify that "you are listening" and "you care" yet continually fail to demonstrate that you are listening and that you do care?
This week's promised dev stream should have been your biggest win (and you guys desperately need wins right now) to help rebuild the community's confidence yet it has apparently become such an afterthought that it didn't even make it into this week's schedule. This is how you're demonstrating that you're not listening and that you don't care.

There should have been zero doubt that the dev stream should have been advertised front and center. You can vacuously use words like "honesty" and "care" all you want. Your actions do not demonstrate that you're not just making untenable claims to make people feel better in the short-term. This myopic, reactive ignorance and manipulation is how you demonstrate that you don't respect the intelligence of your players.

That is how you abuse a community.
  • Here's another non-rhetorical question to which I am expecting an official answer, as well as an example of FDev demonstrating that they don't care: Why was the Odyssey "roadmap" post not edited well in advance of June 24 to reflect that update 5 was pushed to July 1? Why was it only finally edited in the early morning of June 24? Who is accountable for this irresponsibility? You think that just mentioning it on stream is good enough? You expect that we're dumb enough to believe that you didn't realize that the "roadmap" should have been edited right away to reflect the change? There is no way you can reasonably justify that you didn't realize this.
I'll be relieving my frustration and disappointment by watching Star Citizen dev streams.
Well, virtually all of my favourite Elite Dangerous content creators are hardly putting out any Elite content. They are doing more SC, NMS, MsFS etc.
I have to admit that even my patience is wearing thin. What had been absolute torture when contemplating the wait for console release has become indifference.
I'm about at the point where I'm going to make a point of not wasting my time trying to follow any Frontier "communication" and info.
I'll keep playing it as long as I enjoy it and I probably will get Odyssey at console release, but it will be with about as much excitement as buying a paint job for my SRV would generate.
In addition, all I have to say is. "Meh!"
And good job Frontier, well done, pat yourselves on the back.

The product owners are the ones responsible for ensuring a Dev team is building the right thing and meeting the stakeholder needs (including customers). Why don't we also hear from them on the future of Elite instead of the Devs or CMs who don't write or prioritize the requirements?

You really need to start telling us what comes after Odyssey is has completed release as you already indicated we aren't getting much more in Odyssey itself, including the main things we wanted from "space legs" to begin with like ship interiors. We just hope all that is now broken with planets and UI will be fixed by the time it's done and VR will be allowed to work even if basic implementation. And don't nerf the game to support last gen consoles - it is already a waste of time and money to develop any new content for PS4 and Xbone.

Your product owners should live and breathe the game and ensure Dev is always building the right thing to truly be successful - with a game like Elite that means they should have hundreds or thousands of hours in-game doing ALL the activities, interact with the community as a dedicated player, and be passionate about the original vision of Elite that so many commanders have dedicated their second lives to for so many years.

After years we still don't have quick-wins like for example a handful of in-game racing assets or few crafted courses with actual timers and leaderboards. The marketing and cosmetic monetization potential of a quick-win driver like that is huge and totally over-looked for all this time among many other such low hanging fruit. It hurts my heart - these types of community desired features can be sold executives if you can show them the value it will bring overall to the franchise and you can deliver them in much smaller more organic and agile ways without large teams.

o7

They promised both a dev post and a dev stream. It is unacceptable to not hold them accountable for it.
Hold them accountable? Hehe, who are you exactly ?

Every post of yours on this thread has come across as you being entitled. You make demands like you're Braben's boss or something.
Writing posts like a headmaster to a pupil. I think you have an inflated opinion of what you think Frontier Developments owes you.
And you'd do well to remember that you don't speak for the community.

I see people on here writing things like 'the majority of the community'.. but what is this based on? Which poll? What are your stats?
What they really mean is a few other loud voices on this forum from people with a similar self-entitled opinions as them.
The ED playerbase far, far outnumbers the people on this forum.
The negative opinions get the most air time here and because of that, this has become quite a toxic place.
I understand the dissatisfaction with certain areas of Odyssey but it's getting ridiculous when people start making demands of the Devs as if they are shareholders. You're an already paid customer, that's it. Frontier can listen to players suggestions but they are under no obligation to heed any of them. What you think happens to the company because you didn't get listened to is as irrelevant as it is preposterous.

The elephant in the room is Frontier putting on public display employees who are not fully engaged with its community for whatever reason. . It would have been much cheaper and more effective for fdev to sub contract an intermediary group of well known content creators to act as a negotiating buffer group.

Thats communication, these people understand the community, they understand the game, and know what is needed.

If ANY dev or CM cannot keep a promise then that promise should not be spoken of.

The content creators are the public coffee lounge of your community , alienating them is serving only to damage frontier’s image and confidence. When they start to stream competitor games that provide the features that this community have pleaded for, it’s the star of the very steep slippery slope of players actually starting to play these competitor games.

How much further would you like to see your share value drop.?

Take decisive action immediately and publish your intentions publicly by someone that your community trusts and respects.

The content creators are the public coffee lounge of your community , alienating them is serving only to damage frontier’s image and confidence. When they start to stream competitor games that provide the features that this community have pleaded for, it’s the star of the very steep slippery slope of players actually starting to play these competitor games.
Then you're not looking at the right content creators :) I'll be streaming ED:O on Thursday after the patch :D
And I'm not feeling alienated at all. Can't speak for others though. Either way, the game can survive without it's YouTubers.

I hope so Rusty, I really do I have subbed lots of Elite Dangerous streamers over the years. Never have I seen so much despondency and apathy.

Its True that I have never even heard you swear in your streams, let alone be toxic.

Then you're not looking at the right content creators :) I'll be streaming ED:O on Thursday after the patch :D
And I'm not feeling alienated at all. Can't speak for others though. Either way, the game can survive without it's YouTubers.

It's interesting to see the complete lack of clarification. Already before Elite launched in 2014 Braben posted how FD needed to improve communication and interact more with the community. With the EDO debacle it was brought up yet again, after I don't know how many times.

Last week: delayed patch, 'announced' as a PS in another post. No reason given.

This week: Dev stream (probably?) canceled (delayed?), no communication, clarification or explanation.

It is almost as if the new Communication Style is just Sally giving happy "thanks for mentioning it, I will definitely pass it along, please ticket it so I can speed it along!" posts but nothing of any real substance.

If FD doesn't want to improve communication just at least communicate that properly. :p

It's interesting to see the complete lack of clarification. Already before Elite launched in 2014 Braben posted how FD needed to improve communication and interact more with the community. With the EDO debacle it was brought up yet again, after I don't know how many times.

Last week: delayed patch, 'announced' as a PS in another post. No reason given.

This week: Dev stream (probably?) canceled (delayed?), no communication, clarification or explanation.

It is almost as if the new Communication Style is just Sally giving happy "thanks for mentioning it, I will definitely pass it along, please ticket it so I can speed it along!" posts but nothing of any real substance.

If FD doesn't want to improve communication just at least communicate that properly. :p
Light placation will only work short term. Unless thats coupled with results it will Soon™ make things worse rather than better.

Top Bottom