Elite Dangerous: Console Hotfix plans and Light Catch Up [POST UPDATED 07/01/2022]

Hey, Sally. Can you confirm whether Frontier is aware of the current situation where an individual possessing multiple accounts is spawning Thargoids, emp modules, unreleased ships and reverberating cascade lasers?

• Hostile ships can appear incorrectly (as non-hostile) on the radar.
from my testing this can be more accurately described like this:

NPC ships do not (ever) change their state to hostile on the radar until the player does damage to them. The only exception to this that i have found is when you choose a side in a combat zone, at that point the opposing side do correctly flag as hostile.

For example, if you shoot an anaconda in a res zone that is in a wing of 3 ships and has a fighter bay but has not launched, the Anaconda will flag as hostile correctly and attack you. its wing mates will not flag as hostile, but will attack you and when the fighter launches it will be flagged correctly.

Probably related to this is the issue where if you order your wingmate NPC to attack a ship that is not currently hostile, it will not become hostile at all. It will simply let the NPC destroy it without fighting back.

So far as i can tell all of this is 100% repeatable, though i have not tested on foot content or Thargoid combat.

Hostile ships CAN appear incorrectly (as non-hostile) on the radar.
Love the wording there, it's not like it happens every time it just CAN happen, really good one.

from my testing this can be more accurately described like this:

NPC ships do not (ever) change their state to hostile on the radar until the player does damage to them. The only exception to this that i have found is when you choose a side in a combat zone, at that point the opposing side do correctly flag as hostile.

For example, if you shoot an anaconda in a res zone that is in a wing of 3 ships and has a fighter bay but has not launched, the Anaconda will flag as hostile correctly and attack you. its wing mates will not flag as hostile, but will attack you and when the fighter launches it will be flagged correctly.

Probably related to this is the issue where if you order your wingmate NPC to attack a ship that is not currently hostile, it will not become hostile at all. It will simply let the NPC destroy it without fighting back.

So far as i can tell all of this is 100% repeatable, though i have not tested on foot content or Thargoid combat.
The other part of this is while in the combat zone, an attacking ship , while flagged as 'hostile' will not flash white while shooting you

So its hard to determine which of the 20 or so red targets is the one shredding your ship

Bill

Just wanted to point out for the "cOnsOLes aRe dooOmed" crowd the prioritization of consoles over PC for this fix. Good show, FDev.

And Happy New Year, Sally et al, all the way from Lyra's Song! o7
Probably because console players get almost nothing else right now that to ignore fixing their issue would reinforce the whole idea that console is being left to rot. Odyssey was supposed to be delayed until Autumn. I seriously doubt it will even happen this year judging by the lack of give a monkeys on the announcements front with regards to the console edition of it.

At this stage I'd rather have a fixed Horizons with a next gen optimised port of it than even think of Odyssey, because thus far Odyssey has been nothing but false hopes and a major let down even for most PC players experiencing sub optimal performance and bugs.

Redefine our key bindings???

So. Much. Pain. (Almost. Like. Having. To. Go. To. Sleep. When. Tired.) Just why?

In other news, did you know that if you hit the j key at exactly the moment you would have dropped being too close to a ring, you will magically fly through the ring, carrying on forever stuck in supercruise unable to operate anything? It's a beautiful bug... you must try it some time. Is that what they call a softlock?

Greetings Commanders,

A very warm and happy 3308 to you all - it's really great to be back in The Black with you all in another epic journey across our evolving Galaxy with another year set ahead of us.
We're taking time this week to gather our plans, catch up and prepare - so bear with us for a few days more on schedules and such as we get out stars aligned.

What I am happy to share is that the team have been working on a small hotfix this week for Elite Dangerous console players, to address the following:
  • Cannot edit fire groups - menu navigation does not work.
    • If your ship has modules that fall under the Utility category, you're unable to set your fire groups because navigation within the fire groups tab does not work.
    • Further Reading: Commanders can become unable to set fire groups for such modules as the Detailed Surface Scanner (DSS), Data Link/Comp Scanner due to not being able to navigate down the menu at all. After subsequent investigation, it seems the Fire Groups menu works without issue when Hardpoints or large Optional Modules (such as a Multi-Limpet Controller) are equipped, but after removing those so only Utility Mounts or smaller Optional Modules (such as the DSS) remain, the Fire Groups menu becomes unresponsive.
The hotfix is looking good for release early next week with the usual caveat of "subject to change", but just wanted to give you a rough idea of timescale.
You'll be kept in the loop as we move with the release schedule specifics.​

I'm also refreshing lists with known issues we were tracking last year which are not yet planned for immediate fix (in the form of hotfixes like the above) BUT are in sight as candidates for Update 10 (again, as usual, if anything changes with scheduling fixes we'll let you know for sure).

One to call out specifically is that we've picked up on the following issue reported from the Community, which has been noted and logged:
  • Credit Balance Not Updating On Ship System Panel When Performing Any Balance-Changing Action (Buying/Selling Commodities, Missions etc.) Until After Relog.
    • Checked internally for both Commodity Market changes and rewards from missions. Credit balances update only with a relog.

The common heavy hitters/some fallout from Update 9 which are always worthy of noting are listed but not limited to the below:
  • Investigations on reports of performance issues continue (thank you for the latest threads/conversations!).
  • Starting Frameshift makes the game freeze/lock.
  • Unable to access Session Logs.
  • Disconnect/suspended in Supercruise.
  • Empty Faclities lists for Stations in the system map.
  • Continued experiences of stability issues on console, particularly PS5 but also on Xbox.
  • Inconsistency with Codex entries.
  • Commanders are unable to use the Profile Analyser to clone the profile of NPC corpses (Can't believe Paul didn't use the term 'Corpse' in his last post on Known issues. Even Bruce didn't. I just wanted an excuse to use it again, but their use of 'deceased' was way more elegant to be fair).
  • “Floating” Guardian Materials at Guardian Sites were sighted and logged.
  • The Scorpion turret remains to be inheriting textures/decals from the ground that dance/parallax across it. Texture movement is at its worst when the SRV itself is in motion.
  • Instances of the Odyssey On-foot tutorial being unable to be completed due to it not finishing.
    • Occasionally, when the player disembarks, the game will display ' Board the Dropship' even though Dylan leaves the port. The player can then go into the concourse of the social space, but nothing will work as it should as they're not supposed to be here.

I'm absolutely sure that I haven't included every issue you'd like to have seen mentioned in this real quick update for you super stars today, but rest assured that the same statement still stands in that these lists are just the surface "callouts and nods" to issues that have been more openly discussed previously.

UPDATED INFORMATION 07/01/2022

I'll keep it short and snappy because ah...few things going on today round the back here which needs some coordinated/focused attention 👀
  • I can now confidently confirm that (don't make me regret using those words) we are now aiming for the remaining issues with firegroups on PC to be fixed for Horizons players in line with the console fix outlined above.
  • IMPORTANT NOTE:
    • Commanders, this won't be taken lightly for sure and believe me when I say that I know the pain of reassigning firegroups for many of you, but giving you as much quick warning in advance:
This fix is highly likely (please prepare for it) to require you to once again reassign your firegroups for all ships once the hotfitx is applied. I was going to mention this in the deployment schedule on the day BUT I'm just thinking ahead and popping it here early. I don't want it to be as much of a pain for you as it would be to hear this on the very morning of the hotfix going live (I know it's a pain either way but I hope having the note here softens it even a little).

We're still actively reading, noting and trawling the Issue Tracker/Forums/Social Channels for reports which we remain ever grateful for. Thank you always! o7

Hope you've had a lovely week so far! Here's to 3308!

o7
Hope you are well rested.

Fines are also not appearing until you do a relog to main menu. You can be wanted, have outstanding fines but when you go to the administrators office to pay them it says you have no fines. Very annoying.Only rectifies when you log out of the game and log back in. This is not a very fun way to play the game so hope it gets fixed soon though the hostile radar is more of a priority.

Good to have you back!

Where do you suggest they push it to update 9 3/4's?
I suggest they put out Hotfix 9.3. People like yourself acting like it would cause FDEV to collapse to push out another hotfix before update 10 are ridiculous. We never had a .2 Hotfix for Odyssey after an update and yet it happened last year and FDEV survived.

Non-hostile combat targeting is a severe issues that does indeed deserve it's own hotfix if it couldn't be addressed in time with 9.2 before their holiday break. Ship combat in Odyssey right now is as broken as Exo-biology was for explorer, yet they get a hotfix to fix their issue and combat commanders gotta to suck it up and wait for update 10 by the end of January?

Can we just do something else like on foot combat instead? Yes. Could explorers just have done ship exploration instead of exo-biology? Yes. However, Update 9 broke both parts of the game so both part of the games should be fixed before update 10. It's common sense that Big updates should always be delayed till the stuff that was recently broken by the last update is fixed.

Greetings Commanders,

A very warm and happy 3308 to you all - it's really great to be back in The Black with you all in another epic journey across our evolving Galaxy with another year set ahead of us.
We're taking time this week to gather our plans, catch up and prepare - so bear with us for a few days more on schedules and such as we get out stars aligned.

What I am happy to share is that the team have been working on a small hotfix this week for Elite Dangerous console players, to address the following:
    • If your ship has modules that fall under the Utility category, you're unable to set your fire groups because navigation within the fire groups tab does not work.
    • Further Reading: Commanders can become unable to set fire groups for such modules as the Detailed Surface Scanner (DSS), Data Link/Comp Scanner due to not being able to navigate down the menu at all. After subsequent investigation, it seems the Fire Groups menu works without issue when Hardpoints or large Optional Modules (such as a Multi-Limpet Controller) are equipped, but after removing those so only Utility Mounts or smaller Optional Modules (such as the DSS) remain, the Fire Groups menu becomes unresponsive.
The hotfix is looking good for release early next week with the usual caveat of "subject to change", but just wanted to give you a rough idea of timescale.

I'm also refreshing lists with known issues we were tracking last year which are not yet planned for immediate fix (in the form of hotfixes like the above) BUT are in sight as candidates for Update 10 (again, as usual, if anything changes with scheduling fixes we'll let you know for sure).

One to call out specifically is that we've picked up on the following issue reported from the Community, which has been noted and logged:
  • Credit Balance Not Updating On Ship System Panel When Performing Any Balance-Changing Action (Buying/Selling Commodities, Missions etc.) Until After Relog.
    • Checked internally for both Commodity Market changes and rewards from missions. Credit balances update only with a relog.

The common heavy hitters/some fallout from Update 9 which are always worthy of noting are listed but not limited to the below:
  • Investigations on reports of performance issues continue (thank you for the latest threads/conversations!).
  • Continued experiences of stability issues on console, particularly PS5 but also on Xbox.
  • Commanders are unable to use the Profile Analyser to clone the profile of NPC corpses (Can't believe Paul didn't use the term 'Corpse' in his last post on Known issues. Even Bruce didn't. I just wanted an excuse to use it again, but their use of 'deceased' was way more elegant to be fair).
  • The Scorpion turret remains to be inheriting textures/decals from the ground that dance/parallax across it. Texture movement is at its worst when the SRV itself is in motion.
  • Instances of the Odyssey On-foot tutorial being unable to be completed due to it not finishing.
    • Occasionally, when the player disembarks, the game will display ' Board the Dropship' even though Dylan leaves the port. The player can then go into the concourse of the social space, but nothing will work as it should as they're not supposed to be here.

I'm absolutely sure that I haven't included every issue you'd like to have seen mentioned in this real quick update for you super stars today, but rest assured that the same statement still stands in that these lists are just the surface "callouts and nods" to issues that have been more openly discussed previously.

I'll keep it short and snappy because ah...few things going on today round the back here which needs some coordinated/focused attention 👀
  • I can now confidently confirm that (don't make me regret using those words) we are now aiming for the remaining issues with firegroups on PC to be fixed for Horizons players in line with the console fix outlined above.
  • IMPORTANT NOTE:
    • Commanders, this won't be taken lightly for sure and believe me when I say that I know the pain of reassigning firegroups for many of you, but giving you as much quick warning in advance:
This fix is highly likely (please prepare for it) to require you to once again reassign your firegroups for all ships once the hotfitx is applied. I was going to mention this in the deployment schedule on the day BUT I'm just thinking ahead and popping it here early. I don't want it to be as much of a pain for you as it would be to hear this on the very morning of the hotfix going live (I know it's a pain either way but I hope having the note here softens it even a little).

We're still actively reading, noting and trawling the Issue Tracker/Forums/Social Channels for reports which we remain ever grateful for. Thank you always! o7

o7
sally, please, throw me a bone. are they working on the xg9 lance bug? where the ai will not shoot an interceptor if it is flying it? along with the ammo bug where for some reason the xg9 lance only has one shot? keep in mind i cant verify if its in horizons but can verify it is in odyssey. the devs accidentally fixed the single shot firing shennanagins with the xg9 lance

Greetings Commanders,

• IMPORTANT NOTE:

o7
It's Not your Fault but, Blah Blah Blah.

Top Bottom