ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous Free on the Epic Games Store!

How do I make it work as a second account please?
I bought my original copy of elite through the Frontier store and use the same email for Epic and Frontier.

How do I make it work as a second account please?
I bought my original copy of elite through the Frontier store and use the same email for Epic and Frontier.
I'd assume this will be a Steam key. So redeem on a Steam account, creating one if needs be.

I'm wondering if the redemption will be at all time limited. I have both a Frontier (my main) and a Steam (mostly for development testing of EDMC) account already, but could claim this and make use of it with a secondary Steam account if needs be, unless the key will expire after some time un-redeemed.

I'd assume this will be a Steam key. So redeem on a Steam account, creating one if needs be.

I'm wondering if the redemption will be at all time limited. I have both a Frontier (my main) and a Steam (mostly for development testing of EDMC) account already, but could claim this and make use of it with a secondary Steam account if needs be, unless the key will expire after some time un-redeemed.
Not following you..
Epic store is not Steam neither is Frontier store.

Greetings Commanders!

Elite Dangerous is coming to the Epic Games Store next week! It will be available for free from 19 Nov to 26 Nov. We hope you’ll consider sharing this news with potential future commanders you know so you can blaze your trails together!

Thanks for your support,

o7

Hello commander o7

Do you have information about the price of the new expansion? [Odyssey]
If you can share this information.

Thanks.

Wow, I feel the Fuel Rats can already prepare their maximum-risk-for-range highest-capacity ships ... is it Christmas already?
42203161462_4cf7a52d2a_c.jpg

By The Fuel Rats Artists Collective

Hey, quick question, how will the client / access that's provided though epic games store work? Will it be:

• The "classic" way of a key redeemable on frontierstore.net / elitedangerous.com with access via a username and password in the launcher?
  • The modern way of an launcher that requires 3rd party store authentication credentials.

Thanks for any confirmation.

For what its worth, requiring 3rd party store authentication to access elite is very inconvenient when using multiple accounts and glancing through steam reviews hasn't achieved its purpose of cleaning up steam reviews of that complaint. Options are nice!

oh, noes! I foresee even more <insert derogatory comments here>
or is it a second account for those who paid for the original (in more ways than one)?

You may have to create a separate Epic account on another email address if the two are linked.

What I really would like to know is will the launcher for my soon to be had Epic Elite copy have a separate launcher that will use a different Frontier account, or can I add this copy to my existing Frontier account? We who already own the game need really clear understanding of how this is going to work, I really don't want to break my current account while claiming this new copy. And for myself, it isn't just me that I am asking for, I have 2 sons who also are looking to get a second copy. So I really need to be clear about how to get this working without breaking my and my sons current setups.

I think this is a smart move - It raises the visibility of Elite, and will expand the audience ready for when Odyssey comes out - so more potential sales.
If nothing else they should make a load more money just on the cosmetics the new users will buy.

I've often thought about a second account - next week is my chance :)

The fact that frontier have bothered to put a post in this forum, where everyone already has one, to me hints they're forward about people taking up this offer..

I hope epic games store don't mind me making all these dummy accounts.

Actually frontier if you wanted to send me a dozen or so keys i can just save for a rainy day that would work fine too :p

I think this is a smart move - It raises the visibility of Elite, and will expand the audience ready for when Odyssey comes out - so more potential sales.
If nothing else they should make a load more money just on the cosmetics the new users will buy.

I also think that's the goal.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Top Bottom