Elite Dangerous: FSD Reward Module for Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal | Experimental Effects Revised

Unfortunately this advice came about 45 minutes too late to stop me and Felicity Farseer from trashing the size 6 engineered FSD that I specifically participated in the community goal to get. I tried to reapply increased range to fix it, but that obviously broke it. It's a regular partly engineered FSD now. I've raised a ticket with support, so hoping they can give me a replacement on my account :(
Why...why would you think that? 🙃

Putting a new engineering effect on a module always replaces the old effect.

I just wanted to say thanks again to Sally and the rest of the FDev team. You definitely worked fast to help make everyone happy.

I’ve sort of been in your position a few times with some other large game communities in the past and I can definitely understand how personally stressful things can feel when issues like these flare up. Make sure to find some time to relax & recover!

Awesomesauce ... sanity has prevailed, thanks for your tenacity Sally!

NVKiXHy.png

I'm trying not to feel patronised, I'm sure you don't mean it in the way it reads and I have no doubt that you're saying this out of kindness, so thank you.

I have nowhere near as many hours logged as you all do, but I was recently celebrating my 3000+ hour "birthday"...I was pretty happy about it at the time, considering the scale of work needed to be done in my work day, before I can even settle down to casually play the game more, but maybe I should rethink myself.

View attachment 275982

Try to be mindful that I have responded to this issue in several ways over the months - in both posts, comments and on livestream.
I'm mindful that you might not always see all of these methods of communication though.

Try to be mindful that we have mentioned codex entry inconsistencies as an issue which you may have missed in communication, as you might not see all of the things written here in the Forum.
I'm always, as ever, very happy to include individual instances amidst the other reports, just like this one.

Try to be mindful that I was the one trying to work out how to fix this issue, so what is your aim toward me with saying this, at this point?
Is there something more I can help you with?

Thanks for the suggestions. Please try to be mindful that you can add and find many more like this over at the Suggestions section https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/elite-dangerous-suggestions/. You can also report issues either as constructively as able on here in an issue style format, via the issue tracker, or to customer service.

Please try to be mindful of the number of Commanders that I communicate with here on a daily basis who do NOT say good things about the game and get a resolve on their issues as efficiently as possible (it may not feel quick or good enough for many sometimes, but no one takes less priority intentionally and we will always keep doing our best for everyone.)

You can, by all means, find these efforts in my response history from the last year.

Hey...that's my line.
Sally, do you ever sleep? I hope you managed to get a pink gin or 3 after work last night ;)

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Since they're not mentioned in the OP, i'd assumed they still throw the error message.
So my question was rather if they're supposed to behave like that or they'll be fixed at a later date?

Heyy Northpin, sorry yeah I gotcha.

So yes, any previous reward modules that are still throwing the error will remain throwing the error at present.
What I'm working on in light of this is further conversation on how we do some little revisions to how reward modules are represented clearly in game if they throw that error.
There needs to be a clearer reason for players so to why they're erroring at that point - whether it's intentional (so should be messaged as such) or just plain broken - depending on the module.
These are investigations ongoing and I will make it an effort to keep people updated as I know more.

So yes, any previous reward modules that are still throwing the error will remain throwing the error at present.
What I'm working on in light of this is further conversation on how we do some little revisions to how reward modules are represented clearly in game if they throw that error.
There needs to be a clearer reason for players so to why they're erroring at that point - whether it's intentional (so should be messaged as such) or just plain broken - depending on the module.
These are investigations ongoing and I will make it an effort to keep people updated as I know more.

The big thing to do is to disable ANY modifications for such modules, currently you can remove experimental effect but cannot but it back. That's quite a bad experience for players.

Surely there shouldn't be a "server error" message at all, but a proper in-game UI message? Or, better still, the option just shouldn't be there to do things you can't do.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to have the engineering (not the experimental!) locked on the CG/trade broker modules, so that people can't accidentally screw it up. Especially if there's a UI error that reports the engineering level incorrectly and makes some less experienced players think they've broken something.

Hopefully that will come as the result of these investigations.

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

I hoped those modules (the Seekers from Grom Attempted Capture CG - IIRC they're the only one left throwing an error now) would be put in line with the previous modules (like it happened with the more recent FSD) - for consistency reasons is not for anything else.

And the further double engineered rewards, if any, should benefit from the improvements in the UI you mentioned for Update 9 (or a later one) plus detailed CG description of them being able or not to take Experimental Effects. So people would know in advance what they're fighting for.

Top Bottom