Elite Dangerous: FSD Reward Module for Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal | Experimental Effects Revised

Sounds like they prevent all modifications except applying an experimental effect now, which is good news.
I was wondering here...
Can you imagine the rage if they give all 3 FSDs and you can't apply exp effects on them?
Some Elite players are like space Karens. Like I said before, the community people should receive weekly bonus for their work with the community.
hahahahah

Last edited:
Ok so I am seeing that people who participated in the community goal are getting their FSD's. I went to Alcor and completed the goal. I got my 50,000,000 but never got the FSD drives. I was in the top 10%. What's up? Anyone know what I did wrong or do I need to contact frontier support?

Ok so I am seeing that people who participated in the community goal are getting their FSD's. I went to Alcor and completed the goal. I got my 50,000,000 but never got the FSD drives. I was in the top 10%. What's up? Anyone know what I did wrong or do I need to contact frontier support?
The FSDs weren't released yet.

Interestingly, I bought a couple of the 5A pre-engineered drives yesterday, from the tech broker, using mats.

I took them to Farseer to add Mass Manager, and had no issues at all. I was able to add the experimental to both of them. I was in Odyssey.

So it did work for me.
New player here. It seems like I've seen a lot of back and forth on this. Request true, false, or partially correct on the below:

1) Right now, I could acquire the right materials, go to a human tech-broker, get a pre-engineered 5A from an old CG, and then modify the engineering on it without breaking it. I can then add a single experimental effect.

2) Once FDev finally delivers the 3A, 4A, and 6A pre-engineered FSDs from the most recent cargo-delivery CG, if I try to modify the engineering on it, I will break it. However, I can add a single experimental effect with no issues.

Thanks in advance.

2) Once FDev finally delivers the 3A, 4A, and 6A pre-engineered FSDs from the most recent cargo-delivery CG, if I try to modify the engineering on it, I will break it. However, I can add a single experimental effect with no issues.

Technically, they will be engineering locked - the 3A, 4A, 6A - from the CG. You cant ruin them (sure, there is a possibility that someone might find a way - people can get very inventive when trying to break things).

On the other side, the 5A FSD V1 from the tech broker - this one you can definitely ruin if you change engineering instead of ONLY applying an experimental effect

New player here. It seems like I've seen a lot of back and forth on this. Request true, false, or partially correct on the below:

1) Right now, I could acquire the right materials, go to a human tech-broker, get a pre-engineered 5A from an old CG, and then modify the engineering on it without breaking it. I can then add a single experimental effect.

Thanks in advance.
1) false, you can only apply an experimental.

2) also false, right now adding an experimental is a pain for some, engineering can't be changed without ruining the module.

2) also false, right now adding an experimental is a pain for some, engineering can't be changed without ruining the module.
Now I'm confused... I thought at first adding experimental on 6A was kinda 'forbiden' but then frontier lifted that making it possible.... How come you say that???!

Technically, they will be engineering locked - the 3A, 4A, 6A - from the CG. You cant ruin them (sure, there is a possibility that someone might find a way - people can get very inventive when trying to break things).

On the other side, the 5A FSD V1 from the tech broker - this one you can definitely ruin if you change engineering instead of ONLY applying an experimental effect

That clears up a LOT, gents. Thanks for the clarification! o7

The reality is probably transmitted to the ED - they lack the chips used in the FSD. I postponed the planned expedition because of that. I wait patiently on the spot and look for information on why I have not yet been paid, nor asked for the aforementioned patience.

Top Bottom