Elite Dangerous Horizons and Odyssey: Additional Server Maintenance

we are working on it
computer.jpg

@sallymorganmoore
Sally, when I started the launcher about 45 minutes ago the Server Status flag was showing ok, but they were clearly offline when I tried to launch the game. Can you get the Server Status flag to reflect reality of when they’re up/down?

And I sincerely hope the FD offices are all air conditioned, it’s already getting hot here on the South Coast!
🥵

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
For Interest: Light information on reason for slight extension of maintenance.
I like doing this! Why not! A little insight in 'Sally Style' on why we needed to do an extra bit of sweeping up for you this morning.

This is a very short explanation, but I hope you like it anyway. Basically Dav spotted a little hiccup with the 'Powerplay Turn'.
This part of maintenance totals up all of the player actions from the week before, calculates their effects and then sets up the state for the week ahead. This didn't quite run as intended and needed a nudge into action.

Thanks!
(Might pop this as part of the main post...:) )

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
@sallymorganmoore
Sally, when I started the launcher about 45 minutes ago the Server Status flag was showing ok, but they were clearly offline when I tried to launch the game. Can you get the Server Status flag to reflect reality of when they’re up/down?

And I sincerely hope the FD offices are all air conditioned, it’s already getting hot here on the South Coast!
🥵

Oh gosh! I wasn't aware of this so I'll take a little look, sure! Sorry about that.

Oooft, regarding heat - I went into the office yesterday and it was LOVELY!!! Sadly I had a massive reaction to the second Pfizer jab (sorry haha...TMI but I feel really poorly!!! Haha!!!!) and had to get taken home! I didn't have time to put the air con in my bag heheee. Take care!!

@sallymorganmoore

🥵
The server status shows the servers as online during maintenance because they are technically online (your pc can ping them).

Greetings Commanders.

The Elite Dangerous servers for all platforms, Horizons and Odyssey will be offline imminently to accomodate for necessary, additional server maintenance.
We will keep you informed of progress.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

o7
Take ya time. I'm not logging in until after 9pm.

Top Bottom