Elite Dangerous Horizons and Odyssey: Additional Server Maintenance

Oh gosh! I wasn't aware of this so I'll take a little look, sure! Sorry about that.

Oooft, regarding heat - I went into the office yesterday and it was LOVELY!!! Sadly I had a massive reaction to the second Pfizer jab (sorry haha...TMI but I feel really poorly!!! Haha!!!!) and had to get taken home! I didn't have time to put the air con in my bag heheee. Take care!!
Ah, sympathies! I only had a slightly sore arm from my second jab, with bit of slight flu symptoms for two days with the first....
But then I had the Oxford AZ version! 😁

I live in a low mountain range and have dry feet. Others have not been so lucky. I fear that we as humanity will have many more problems with the weather in the future.
Have you seen the situation in China. People up to their necks in water on the underground, getting grabbed with hooked sticks to keep them from getting washed down culverts, kids getting floated to safety in plastic boxes. I feel sorry for everyone having floods right now.

Sally, no idea if this is related but last night, I attempted a Covert heist but got spotted. I legged it back to my Cobra, but everytime I got any altitude, the game crashed to desktop. Its been rock stable for me till now. I was also getting some spasms of horrible framerates and freezes, I only ever really noticed that after update 5 and it's still rare. I'd completed several missions in a push to get some gear - which were close to expiring. I tried dropping my screen resolution right down, nope, tried dismissing the ship and SRVing a few miles from the settlement then recalling the ship - nope..... When the game restarted I was back in my ship, on the ground, by the way.

Eventually I dismissed my ship and called in a shuttle. It worked! This after 5 or 6 repeated crashes everytime I got to altitude. Each time I it crashed I sent the auto message to FD.
The planet was Ingwaz 9C, I'm not planning on going back. :)

[...]

Oooft, regarding heat - I went into the office yesterday and it was LOVELY!!! Sadly I had a massive reaction to the second Pfizer jab (sorry haha...TMI but I feel really poorly!!! Haha!!!!) and had to get taken home! I didn't have time to put the air con in my bag heheee. Take care!!
How are you now? I have my second jam tomorrow :eek:

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
How are you now? I have my second jam tomorrow :eek:

Awww I won't lie I'm struggling a little bit hehe. Yesterday I was so, so poorly! Lots of aches, shivers, headache and almost sick in a friend's car twice (although I hope I didn't look like I was to them, haha!). TODAY though the aches have chilled out a lot, but I do still feel pretty poorly and sleepy.

You'll be GREAT, promise. Even if you do end up feeling a bit "blegh", you'll know it's your body doing a big KASMASHHHHH with a...defence...army...thing.

Sorry if I'm not as active today :) You're all keeping me distracted for the time being anyway :D!

Sally, I love your added explanation. Please keep up the Sally Style, it's great! :)

Also I hope you feel better soon. My reactions didn't last very long, 2 days at the most.

I feel sorry for those who have bad reactions to the jab. I had no problems either time, but my wife had a fever of 38.3 the second round (and everything hurt the first time round).

Awww I won't lie I'm struggling a little bit hehe. Yesterday I was so, so poorly! Lots of aches, shivers, headache and almost sick in a friend's car twice (although I hope I didn't look like I was to them, haha!). TODAY though the aches have chilled out a lot, but I do still feel pretty poorly and sleepy.

You'll be GREAT, promise. Even if you do end up feeling a bit "blegh", you'll know it's your body doing a big KASMASHHHHH with a...defence...army...thing.

Sorry if I'm not as active today :) You're all keeping me distracted for the time being anyway :D!
Ooof! Your reaction to the second Phizer jab sounds a lot like my reaction to the first AstoZenica one: I was floored for three days, first with aches and shivvers followed by two days of what I've been calling "candyfloss brain" (though on reflection that maybe makes it sound like more fun that it actually was).

Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Greetings Commanders.

The Elite Dangerous servers for all platforms, Horizons and Odyssey will be offline imminently to accomodate for necessary, additional server maintenance.
We will keep you informed of progress.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

o7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casual 'Sally Edit':

A couple of you asked kindly whether you could have more info on the second hop into maintenance mode and do you know what? That's a very valid question and I'm more than happy to help. In all fairness I should have added this to the post to begin with, but the time was SO SHORT between the heads up and servers offline that I wanted to quickly let you know incase it ruined your session.

Anyway! More info!

For Interest: Light information on reason for slight extension of maintenance.
I like doing this! Why not! A little insight in 'Sally Style' on why we needed to do an extra bit of sweeping up for you this morning.

This is a very short explanation, but I hope you like it anyway. Basically Dav spotted a little hiccup with the 'Powerplay Turn'.
This part of maintenance totals up all of the player actions from the week before, calculates their effects and then sets up the state for the week ahead. This didn't quite run as intended and needed a nudge into action.

Thanks!

Sally o7
thankees! see THIS is what we want when we say openness, honesty, and clarity! you are a superstar

Hi Sally, I do hope you feel better soon, fortunately for me I just felt a little bit lethargic when I had my doses.

Take care and thank you for keeping us informed, stay cool :cool:

Getting the "Incorrect Manifest Checksum error" when I try to valdiate the filles. Horizons loads fine, but Oddity won't load.

Another troubleshooting day...

So painful

Top Bottom