Elite Dangerous: Horizons Only PC & Console Update 09/12/2021 Notes

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

The year really has seemed to entirely slip away. Hope you've had a great week so far.

Today’s update for Elite Dangerous Horizons (PC and Console) is on the way!

Elite Dangerous: Horizons servers for both PC and Console Commanders will be offline from approximately 09:00 UTC
Servers are expected to come back online, with the update available at around 12:00 UTC.

Updates of Note

Multi Limpet Controller Modules.
Multi-Limpet Controllers are now available from Outfitting.
Multi-Limpet Controllers can program a limpet to perform one of a given set of tasks and will be available in multiple types which will dictate what functions it is able to program.
  • Mining Multi Limpet Controller module (Available in Size 3)
  • Operations Multi Limpet Controller module (Available in Size 3)
  • Rescue Multi Limpet Controller module (Available in Size 3)
  • Xeno Multi Limpet Controller module (Available in Size 3)
  • Universal Multi Limpet Controller module (Available in Size 7)

Module Management.

A fix has been implemented for pre-engineered modules from community goals not being marked informatively, as such.
  • Pre-engineered module rewards will now have their description display the fact that they are pre-engineered, as well as have it display in the outfitting screen.
  • Also trying to apply modifications to pre-engineered modules which specifically cannot be modified further (very niche circumstances) will now be disallowed with a message stating why.

Stability.
We’re actively continuing to help with tracking down as many continuing stability issues as possible, with your continued support in providing logs and reports where possible.
  • A crash could occur when selecting telepresence crew member fighters to deploy. This has now been addressed.
  • Player example:
  • “Once you have joined a ship via Telepresence, attempting to select an onboard fighter from the bottom screen will cause the game to immediately crash. This will only crash the second player (passenger) as they attempt to board fighter. Helm player one is unaffected at time of crash.”

General Fixes.
  • Fix implemented for that nasty issue whereby Megaship Cargo and Escape Pod canisters could become stuck inside the ships.
  • Issues around this included:
    • “After hatchbreaking a cargo bay or escape hatch, some or all of the cargo/escape pods stay inside the ship rather than venting into space where they can be scooped or picked up by limpets. Cargo bays don't seem to vent any canisters at all, they just stay stacked inside. Escape hatch vents some pods but others seem trapped under the skin of the megaship and can't be reached.”
    • “Use a hatchbreaker limpet on any cargo bay. Cargo canisters will appear on the contacts list but there's no way to collect them”
  • Core mining fragments should no longer become trapped inside asteroids.
    • The team have been heavily investigating and attempting to reproduce cases of this happening and will keep the checks in mind as we're aware this issue has quite the tendency to bounce back.
  • Handing in multiple bounty vouchers at a terminal in quick succession could cause the text string containing the credit number to cascade to the next bounty voucher on the list, prefixing the text that indicates how much that bounty voucher is worth. This issue has now been fixed.
  • Fix implemented for being unable to switch tabs on comms panel when looking with headlook.
  • Various missing translations have been added.

As I say to everyone playing Odyssey too, there's naturally a continued list of issues remaining which many of you look forward to having some attention.
If they're not listed as fixes here, we just need more time to focus down on them.

Go easy on me with the "but you didn't mention this bug, is it going to be fixed?" pings o7
I can entirely sympathise with you on how you'd like to see me list and confirm way more of these here for you, but unfortunately my brain can't keep up with responding to them all, but I am paying desperate attention on this side of the screen for you - promise.

I'm just going to pull a few important and existing issues aware of out of the air here:

• Starting Frameshift makes the game freeze/lock.
  • Unable to access Session Logs.
  • Disconnect/suspended in Supercruise.
  • Empty Faclities lists for Stations in the system map.
  • Continued experiences of stability issues on console, particularly PS5 but also on Xbox.
  • Inconsistency with Codex entries.
We truly do hope some of these targeted fixes in today's update on some of the issues listed will be a help.

Keeping watch. Have a great day please.

o7

Last edited:
I'm just going to pull a few important and existing issues aware of out of the air here:
  • Starting Frameshift makes the game freeze/lock.
  • Unable to access Session Logs.
  • Disconnect/suspended in Supercruise.
  • Empty Faclities lists for Stations in the system map.
  • Continued experiences of stability issues on console, particularly PS5 but also on Xbox.
  • Inconsistency with Codex entries.
We truly do hope some of these targeted fixes in today's update on some of the issues listed will be a help.

Keeping watch. Have a great day please.

o7
Thank you for specifically confirming that the PS5 stability issue is on the radar - good to know!

sallymorganmoore

Don’t you told that the new SRV Scorpion come to Horizon too? I don’t see it in the notes…
Perhaps the new SRV coming to Horizons was just wishful thinking? But maybe it was just missed from these notes … 🙏

I'm afraid it isn't planned for Horizons as this time.

Perhaps the new SRV coming to Horizons was just wishful thinking? But maybe it was just missed from these notes … 🙏

The description in the patch notes for Odyssey is 👇 so i'd say it's part of the Odyssey Combat Sphere
Introducing…The Scorpion.
The Scorpion, a new SRV designed specifically for supporting infantry on ground-based combat has rolled into action.

Edit: anyway, it's confirmed by Sally that it's not coming to Horizons Only.

sallymorganmoore

However, I find it very unfair and disparaging to console gamers not to have Odyssey yet. You are leaving us with little hope. Many players are leaving the game due to a lack of content. And the console community is getting very upset by the fact that you're not giving n yet
Very much aware. Truly. Doing everything possible to try and help.

Forgive my question but is that the entire patch notes? or just a taster and the rest will come later? (its early and the tea hasnt kicked in yet :) )

EDIT: IGNORE .. the tea truly hasnt kicked in as this is the Horizons thread and not the Odyssey ... my bad :D

Thanks for the update.
Looking forward to the multi limpet thing, assuming I'll even use it.

I can't say that I have ever experienced any of the other issues listed.
I am a little upset that the...
Empty Faclities lists for Stations in the system map.
... hasn't been fixed though. It is quite important because not all 3rd party sites are accurate.

Hopefully it will be fixed ASAP.

Can we get a bulldozer attachment to the Scorpion SRV when it's released ? :p
Good job, team, now to wait for the multi-limpet tool seal noises ensue
ARF!

Grr - just starting an "xbox meeting" (what I call a dull, zero-participation work meeting where I just play xbox since I WFH) and was looking forward to 90 minutes of Elite and then someone goes and updates the damn thing! And to rub biowaste in the wound, no new SRV for this console peasant :(

Top Bottom