Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons patch 2.0.05

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Fix the mission system. Missions should be more rewarding. It should not take 30 minutes of waiting in a system for an npc to spawn. I shouldn't have to log in and out of the game to make that same npc spawn immediately. I shouldn't have to log in and out of the game at all to manipulate the RNG system of this game. Immersion is broken because of this. If the missions were actually worth doing this game would be a lot better. There would be a sense of purpose. But at this point missions are pointless, buggy, and cause more frustration than a sense of accomplishment. Sorry for the rant, I just really want to like this game again. The mindless grind and mass murder of pirates has gotten to the point where it just doesn't feel like a space sim anymore. We need more meaningful content that adds to gameplay. If I were an actual pilot of a space craft I wouldn't be going into random systems and causing the genocide of random pirates that for some reason don't learn that there is a mass murdering bounty hunter in that RES or what have you. I would be looking for work. And that translates to missions. So please fix them.

Fix the mission system. Missions should be more rewarding. It should not take 30 minutes of waiting in a system for an npc to spawn. I shouldn't have to log in and out of the game to make that same npc spawn immediately. I shouldn't have to log in and out of the game at all to manipulate the RNG system of this game. Immersion is broken because of this. If the missions were actually worth doing this game would be a lot better. There would be a sense of purpose. But at this point missions are pointless, buggy, and cause more frustration than a sense of accomplishment. Sorry for the rant, I just really want to like this game again. The mindless grind and mass murder of pirates has gotten to the point where it just doesn't feel like a space sim anymore. We need more meaningful content that adds to gameplay. If I were an actual pilot of a space craft I wouldn't be going into random systems and causing the genocide of random pirates that for some reason don't learn that there is a mass murdering bounty hunter in that RES or what have you. I would be looking for work. And that translates to missions. So please fix them.

+1 Rep from me, couldn't agree more with you.

so...
If i go to undermine an enemy poweplayer npc i get no bounty on me?

No, you'll still rack up bounties on your head for killing NPCs that are not wanted. The fix is to get rid of the influence drops of the dominant minor faction in a control system that faces undermining. Previously in control systems that were undermined heavily (=a lot of crime through murder), the minor faction in charge could go down to as much as 1% influence remaining I think.

Wake up 3 hours early for work (4AM) so I can play. Log in, go get coffee, come back and server update imminent. lol I guess I'm supposed to do something useful this morning. =)

would of loved more notice. with work, a wife and a 9 month old my gaming time is pretty limited. Had a free hour this morning to play - or so i thought. Due to update, had 20 minutes :(

Why don't they publish the patch notes in the forums the day before actually patching, like every other game developer in the world? *facepalm*

Last edited:
Wake up 3 hours early for work (4AM) so I can play. Log in, go get coffee, come back and server update imminent. lol I guess I'm supposed to do something useful this morning. =)

Implying playing Elite: Dangerous is not useful.. tsk tsk.
Do you know how much I have learned from ED...

(I'm still at a loss why my wife fails to understand this.)

Implying playing Elite: Dangerous is not useful.. tsk tsk.
Do you know how much I have learned from ED...

(I'm still at a loss why my wife fails to understand this.)

did you let her play? maybe playing will help her understand!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom