Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons update 2.01.02

Not sure ... presume so now you mention it - it's not like Brett would get it wrong either so <shrug> learn something new.

Guess that means we're playing Elite Dangerous : Horizons (Engineer patch) ? :D :eek:

Yes, the Season is called Horizons. The engineers is a major patch, not the name of the season. Just like they didn't call the game Power play when they released 1.3.

Any news about module/commodity storage?

(And, yes, Viajero, I know it's not in the notes. Just looking for a snippet of information.)

It is big feature, so most likely it will come with either 2.2 or 2.3 version (most likely 2.2). When? No one - including FD - knows for sure yet.

Whilst I appreciate the update and associated good work, why do updates always seem to hit Australia either on a Friday night...

Remember it's morning in the UK and Europe, where the devs and most of the player base reside. It's always going to be inconvenient for some time zones - there's nothing they can do about that. Also remember that you can't really speak for all of Australia - I'm in Perth so Friday night hasn't started yet (16:45 here), so not that inconvenient on my side.

Besides, it's not a huge update so you won't need to wait long.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
*Mod hat off

Any news about module/commodity storage?

(And, yes, Viajero, I know it's not in the notes. Just looking for a snippet of information.)

Wasnt me who made that comment! :p I am also asking a couple things.

Last edited:
NPCs
- Slight rebalance of the ambient AI rank chances, should see slightly less of the top end and more of the low/mid range

I was only seeing 1 Elite per 5 hour gaming session as it is... Played for 5 hours today, didn't see even 1 Elite NPC that wasn't an Anaconda Cop.

Today is a sad sad day. :(:(:( I really hope the difference is extremely slight.

Last edited:
The system Almagest
How can I reach 'Reach' to get my ship back?

It has magically morphed into some other place with no population.

How can I reach 'Reach' to get my ship back?

\\///
Oo
>
--
Sorry for Off Topic.. slightly

Last edited:
- Fix target spawn times and allow new destination delivery missions to work

Excellent.

Will this apply to new missions only, or will existing ones that are bugged now work? I'm sat at a station unable to hand in a mission of this type, and it's rather annoying as I'm trying to build up rep with the faction involved.

If we're back on at 12, I might just make it under the wire...

Thanks, looks good. Elite AI should be rare.

Instead of raising reputation if resurrected in a station that hates you, how about instead resurrecting in the last station that does not hate you? Perhaps save the last 5 docked stations, and only do the reputation raising thing if you're hated everywhere. :)

And it's really a pity that the weapons bug seems to have soured the release of 2.1 for so many players. Might the lesson here be that nothing bigger than text fixes should be attempted between final beta and full release?

Last edited:
Yay - finally picking all those mission without having to worry that the issuer of the contract suddenly doesn't want to know anything about those wares in my cargospace he / she actually requested! Great fix, thanks!

Last edited:
Today is a sad sad day. :(:(:( I really hope the difference is extremely slight. I was only seeing 1 Elite per 5 hour gaming session as it is...

With all due respect - quit yer whining! :)

I'm with you in that I rather enjoyed the extremely dangerous NPC stuff from the initial 2.1 release by the way.

I can only suggest that if you truly wish for this state of constant vicious NPCageddon, go to some hi-sec system and start annoying the Sys Auth NPC's ;)

Regards o7

I hope this is the patch I've been waiting for since December. I've been yearning to just submerge myself in missions and bounce around the universe.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Instead of raising reputation if resurrected in a station that hates you, how about instead resurrecting in the last station that does not hate you? Perhaps save the last 5 docked stations, and only do the reputation raising thing if you're hated everywhere. :)

Or maybe just have it as a temporary lift. Once you leave, then it resets. Because they just want that stinking ship out of their system :D

Will the horizons features be available on the xbox one? As i have looked for the expansion for horizons or is it already included?

With all due respect - quit yer whining! :)

I'm with you in that I rather enjoyed the extremely dangerous NPC stuff from the initial 2.1 release by the way.

Regards o7

I found the beta experience readied me for my journey into 2.1. Never died once in the new update! But died 26 times in beta.
I feel sorry for those who didn't get the 'heads up'. Not that there really was one.

\\///
Oo
>)
==
Spike553

Top Bottom