Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

nope didn't change anything at start after extracting the files "Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64" It's black frame by default but when I've press Shift-F1 I can get the portrade back, and look like this.

hmm for some reason frontier forums doesn't let me attach .png-files?

Last edited:
nope didn't change anything at start after extracting the files "Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64" It's black frame by default but when I've press Shift-F1 I can get the portrade back, and look like this.

hmm for some reason frontiers forum doesn't let me attach .png-files?

I think it has a max limit of 1MB for images

Try replacing the portrait shader with the v1.5 shaders .. I'll attach them as a zip, extract into the ShaderFixes folder (you might like to backup the current files first):
d3698fc4c7ef1718-ps.txt
f773f052f2d79b99-vs.txt

Attachments

• EDHM-1.5-Port-Shaders.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 98
okey cool, and is the supercruise speedlines disable by default like Old Ducks mod, and can u perhaps remove the
"slow down-warning text" also, thx ?

okey cool, and is the supercruise speedlines disable by default like Old Ducks mod, and can u perhaps remove the
"slow down-warning text" also, thx ?

Not by default, have a look through startup-profile.ini, there's lots of options in there. Soon Blue Mystic will have the UI finished so you won't have to go into any files at all

I don't plan to remove the slow down warning text .. I'm taking a break from modding until the release of Odyssey as it changes all the shaders

Okey, but understandable. Come here becuase Old Duck recommended you of the "slow warning" text above the radar, but thx for the contribution and guidelines about the avatar portrait!

Kind regards
/e33et

I don't plan to remove the slow down warning text .. I'm taking a break from modding until the release of Odyssey as it changes all the shaders
That's a ... shame, I don't suppose Fdev gave you a heads up on how it's all changed? :) Pity they couldn't offer what you've done if they're mucking about with shaders anyway and given users a choice of UI colours...

That's a ... shame, I don't suppose Fdev gave you a heads up on how it's all changed? :) Pity they couldn't offer what you've done if they're mucking about with shaders anyway and given users a choice of UI colours...

Hey CMDR,

Awesome to hear from you! I think your shield is the most popular in the mod, I often see it in images posted online

haha I don't think FDev take interest in the mod, but that's ok. It was nice of them to let it continue, but it will take a few months to get it back into a working state for Odyssey. Are you doing the alpha? How are you finding it so far?

Hey CMDR,

Awesome to hear from you! I think your shield is the most popular in the mod, I often see it in images posted online

haha I don't think FDev take interest in the mod, but that's ok. It was nice of them to let it continue, but it will take a few months to get it back into a working state for Odyssey. Are you doing the alpha? How are you finding it so far?
Nice one :). I've stopped playing for now (trying out Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 update but the AI is still <redacted>), gonna wait for proper release then jump back in. Still following this thread (amongst others), so I may even wait till you've got something out for Odyssey as your mod brought the game back to life for me.
Have a good 'un cmdr and o7!

Hello from Italy :)
I have two questions:
  • There's a way to change the color of the grey rhombus that shows the "targettable objects" while in the SRV?
  • There's a way to eliminate the "fingertips & smudge" on the "camera glass" while taking screenshots from outside the ships?

Thanks for this great piece of software :)

I have two questions:
  • There's a way to change the color of the grey rhombus that shows the "targettable objects" while in the SRV?
  • There's a way to eliminate the "fingertips & smudge" on the "camera glass" while taking screenshots from outside the ships?

Ciao CMDR,

I’ll look into these elements when I’m next online, probably tomorrow. I hope you’re having a nice weekend o7

\\
Love the mod! I have an issue with mine, F7 and CTRL F7 do not change the target reticle color. It is stuck on red, no matter the profile selected. Every other option works as in the instructions. Since I have a red/green deficiency colorblindness any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

UPDATE: Figured out it was switching to red when target went out of range, however I do have one problem: Can not get night vision to change to blue. And some colors don't display at all.

Last edited:
\\
Love the mod! I have an issue with mine, F7 and CTRL F7 do not change the target reticle color. It is stuck on red, no matter the profile selected. Every other option works as in the instructions. Since I have a red/green deficiency colorblindness any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Just check that in your "KeyBinds.ini" you have entries like:

; Targeting Reticle and Environmental Target options
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Cycle through targeting reticle colours with F7
[keyToggleReticleColour]
Key = no_modifiers F7
type = cycle
x107 = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,199

; Cycle through Environmental Target colours with CTRL F7 (destination targets, such as planets, stations, etc)
[keyToggleEObjectColour]
Key = ctrl F7
type = cycle
y107 = 1,2,3,4,5,6,199

The x107 and y107 variables store the cycling order. Make sure there is/are more than one.
I sometimes restrict the entry to one.

Just check that in your "KeyBinds.ini" you have entries like:

; Targeting Reticle and Environmental Target options
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Cycle through targeting reticle colours with F7
[keyToggleReticleColour]
Key = no_modifiers F7
type = cycle
x107 = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,199

; Cycle through Environmental Target colours with CTRL F7 (destination targets, such as planets, stations, etc)
[keyToggleEObjectColour]
Key = ctrl F7
type = cycle
y107 = 1,2,3,4,5,6,199

The x107 and y107 variables store the cycling order. Make sure there is/are more than one.
I sometimes restrict the entry to one.

Yes, mine is identical to what you posted. Have to login, log out to main menu, then re-login then it works. F7 does not work if just login straight from desktop. But as soon as I select target it goes to red...

Yes, mine is identical to what you posted. Have to login, log out to main menu, then re-login then it works. F7 does not work if just login straight from desktop. But as soon as I select target it goes to red...
I have just refreshed my memory. Which targeting reticle? They vary depending on your loadout. Lazars are a dot and multi-cannons have a small circle which tracks the leading aiming point with a larger circle that goes dark red when a target is selected and brighter red when you can fire. At least to my eyes using the adaptive reticle. Also what number have you set it to in startup?

\\

Thank you

Hi CMDR,

I had a look at the image attached to your post and it looks like you've deployed a mining lance outside of asteroids, and it's showing a red reticle because it's out of range.

When there's an error in the targeting system such as this, or something is out of ammo etc then I have told the mod to keep the original red warning colour to alert the pilot there is something wrong

If you were to target a prospector limpet in an asteroid that's in range then the reticle and mining lance indicator shouldn't be red

Perhaps try that out and let me know if there's still any issues?

Hi CMDR,

I had a look at the image attached to your post and it looks like you've deployed a mining lance outside of asteroids, and it's showing a red reticle because it's out of range.

When there's an error in the targeting system such as this, or something is out of ammo etc then I have told the mod to keep the original red warning colour to alert the pilot there is something wrong

If you were to target a prospector limpet in an asteroid that's in range then the reticle and mining lance indicator shouldn't be red

Perhaps try that out and let me know if there's still any issues?
//
Thank you for the reply, actually just figured it was because I was out of range. I do however have an "actual" problem with the night vision. I can not get blue. When I set the option to 1 for Light Blue it changes the night vision to super bright lime green. Some color options don't show at all (3 & 4) and others are not even close to list. Any thoughts? The pic is of Option 1 for light blue night vision.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_1052.jpg
    Screenshot_1052.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 70
I have two questions:

There's a way to eliminate the "fingertips & smudge" on the "camera glass" while taking screenshots from outside the ships?

Hi again,

I had a look at the fingertips and smudges and I see what you mean. These are the imperfections on the helmet that you can also see in your ship when looking at a bright object, such as a star. But why are they on the external camera, I don't know! (also, why are they present when the CMDR isn't wearing a helmet in the ship?)

In v1.4 of EDHM I tried to suppress the coloured cabin lighting while in the external camera view, as the coloured light was leaking out a little. I thought I had succeeded but within 24 hours of releasing v1.4 many CMDRs were reporting bugs in the lighting system, and it was due to my attempt to turn it off while in external camera.

This is a long way of me saying, I don't know (yet) how to modify elements only in external camera view. At least, not reliably. I'll try again for Odyssey because many of the shaders have changed and maybe it will be easier.

There is of course the option to turn off the helmet imperfections altogether .. but I'm hesitant to do this.

FDev have said they are ok with mods provided they don't provide a competitive advantage (or modify anything ARX related)

Removing the glare / imperfections from the helmet is a grey area .. would removing the glare / helmet imperfections provide a competitive advantage in combat?

I've heard opinions on both sides, so I tend to err on the side of caution so that we don't annoy FDev .. as they have been very kind to allow the mod to continue.

But if any Community Managers / Devs / Moderators are reading this and could ask Fdev directly I would be so grateful, thank you

There's a way to change the color of the grey rhombus that shows the "targettable objects" while in the SRV?

Ok I hopped in my SRV, started the engine, but I couldn't see a 'grey rhombus' .. I wonder could you please attach a screenshot so I understand which element you mean?

//
Thank you for the reply, actually just figured it was because I was out of range. I do however have an "actual" problem with the night vision. I can not get blue. When I set the option to 1 for Light Blue it changes the night vision to super bright lime green. Some color options don't show at all (3 & 4) and others are not even close to list. Any thoughts? The pic is of Option 1 for light blue night vision.

Thanks

We are slowly discovering the night vision shader in particular has an issue with AMD gfx cards. Do you have an AMD card by any chance?

PS. If it's causing problems even when you select the Elite night vision colour then you can delete the shader from the ShaderFixes folder (or move it somewhere else):
0f2b92ba5625c61f-ps.txt

Last edited:
We are slowly discovering the night vision shader in particular has an issue with AMD gfx cards. Do you have an AMD card by any chance?

I do have an AMD card (AMD Radeon RX 6800). Guess that's the issue? I am fine with setting 8. Just wanted to let you know. below is a pic of all 8 as they appear for me.

Attachments

• EDMH_NightVisionSettings.jpg
    EDMH_NightVisionSettings.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I do have an AMD card. Guess that's the issue? I am fine with setting 8. Just wanted to let you know. below is a pic of all 8 as they appear for me.

I appreciate you letting me know. The first CMDR to report the issue discovered the red channel was missing, and it looks like the same thing here. For the Odyssey update I'll try to restructure the shader and see if we have any luck

Top Bottom