Elite Dangerous: In-Game Memorial Name Requests

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dietrich Jander

He got me into this game. I had briefly played the NES game back in the day, but Dietrich was one of my dearest and closest friends, and we often flew together. He passed away suddenly in November 2019, not even a month after purchasing his first HOTAS. For nearly a near, I wasn't able to bring myself to playing again without him. Slowly started to do a bit of exploring and re-named one of my ships after him in his honor. He played the game as "Cmdr GainjinRonin." A wandering Samurai without a master. I would like to see Dietrich Jander memorialized. If possible, here back home at Sol.

I couldn't think of anything more fitting than to immortalize him in the game we spent so many hours sharing. Thank you, Devs, for this opportunity and gift to the game.

Grandad George,
the only name I ever knew him by, never got enough time to spend with him.
One of my many regrets.

btw thanks for doing this, this game so amazing does so many cool things and brings so much joy to so many people.

Greetings Commanders,

For more information on in-game memorials, please see this post.

If you have lost a loved one that you wish to have memorialised in-game, please reply to this post with their name. We will collect these names over the next few weeks and add them to the specified locations.

If you have previously contacted us for this reason, please still post the name down below to ensure no-one is missed out.

Please avoid posting anything other than the name you would like memorialised. We’ll use this thread to keep track of names and revisit it every few months to update the list in-game. To discuss the topic more generally, please visit the original post.

o7
Lliam Critchley & Travis Gates

Thank you! o7

Tim W Swanson.
My old man died before he could see Elite Dangerous. I grew up being his automated ECM in Elite 84, his joystick only had one button. Every time he saw missiles coming at his ship he would tell me to hit E and clear them out.

Greetings Commanders,

For more information on in-game memorials, please see this post.

If you have lost a loved one that you wish to have memorialised in-game, please reply to this post with their name. We will collect these names over the next few weeks and add them to the specified locations.

If you have previously contacted us for this reason, please still post the name down below to ensure no-one is missed out.

Please avoid posting anything other than the name you would like memorialised. We’ll use this thread to keep track of names and revisit it every few months to update the list in-game. To discuss the topic more generally, please visit the original post.

o7
I hope I am not too late to reply to this thread, my Father is terminal and has only a few days left, his name is P D ‘Dave’McCabe....aged 78....he has followed my exploration and journeys in The Black for several years and it would mean a huge amount to both him and myself to be included in the memorials please. And thank you SO much for this - Cmdr Anfield Marauder

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom