Elite Dangerous (incl. Horizons) will be free to keep via Epic store from 19th November (offer available for a week)

I am curious, with installing a second installation of Elite from Epic, how would it effect journal files? as those are saved in app data, will it be separate so I can keep my logs separate from each other?

I'm curious if anyone has a good solution to this too, pretty sure some of my Inara data got a bit messed up at one point from using my alt account.

I'm curious if anyone has a good solution to this too, pretty sure some of my Inara data got a bit messed up at one point from using my alt account.
Hmm, haven't had any problems with my main and alt account bought with two steam accounts. EDMC authenticates the user normally, sometimes have to reauthorize the commander through ED website.

Was just coming here to check what time the game will be available - 4pm GMT, thanks @StuartGT, I saw your post first.

So, I have an Epic account set up - different eMail address to my Frontier account - I assume I'll need to download some sort of Epic client...will have a dig around for that momentarily.

Seems my second PC meets the recommended requirements too, which is good, so I can run it on two machines at once, if I so choose.

Scoob.

So here's a question, - as a LEP holder, I assume this doesn't grant me the LEP as I'd need to create a separate account, is that correct?

So here's a question, - as a LEP holder, I assume this doesn't grant me the LEP as I'd need to create a separate account, is that correct?

Yeah, this would be a separate account - so, as you bought the LEP for a different account, this one won't have it, no.

Well, annoyingly Epic seems to be downloading the entire game, instead of just the launcher currently.

Hoping I can then map it to use my other installation of the game, as having two installations of the game.... is bad.

Will report back I guess.

Epic Client keeps crashing for me...while it's running it makes other things crash too! Can't download game.

Edit: I'd read that the Epic Game Launcher was a bit rubbish, now it just has a white screen...really bad. Good job this is free, else I'd have hit the refund button already lol.

Scoob.

Last edited:
Well, annoyingly Epic seems to be downloading the entire game, instead of just the launcher currently.

Hoping I can then map it to use my other installation of the game, as having two installations of the game.... is bad.

Will report back I guess.
please update! I'd love another account, but two installs would be bad... :(

I've managed to download and run it, and create a new Frontier account for it (which is claims is linked) but the launcher is out of date on the Epic store. Can't actually login.

Tried several times now, but the Epic Client crashes (freeze) ever time it tried to download the game. I hope my experience is in the minority as this is BAD.

Scoob.

It has downloaded the game, i have linked it and now when i try to run it i have the "this game needs to update there may be a slight delay please have patience"

Now that I have "purchased" my free copy I am unable to find my game code to register with Frontier. Any ideas on this one?

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Top Bottom