Elite Dangerous (incl. Horizons) will be free to keep via Epic store from 19th November (offer available for a week)

Well, credit to FDev, they appear to have fixed the account linking issue - Launcher works just fine for me now. Running the game for the first time on this PC, just doing the planet generation stuff.

Btw: at which point do I pick a Commander when logging into the game with a fresh account? Don't want it to use my actual name, like the Epic Launcher does....

Scoob.

Well, credit to FDev, they appear to have fixed the account linking issue - Launcher works just fine for me now. Running the game for the first time on this PC, just doing the planet generation stuff.

Btw: at which point do I pick a Commander when logging into the game with a fresh account? Don't want it to use my actual name, like the Epic Launcher does....

Scoob.
IIRC you don't choose your CMDR name until after training missions now.

IIRC you don't choose your CMDR name until after training missions now.
Thanks. Game just crashed on me after clicking "Start" lol. This PC, while it was my main gaming PC for a long time, hasn't been lately. It is however all updated as it's used dailly for more general activities.

Scoob.

I'm in and I'm just headed over to the beginner area in the FC to pick up the new crew member.
Poor thing has just been given the chat about how you can forge your own path - only to find they'll spend the rest of their career moving Tritium from hold to tank.
Now I just need to get them 120m CR or thereabouts for a max cargo T9 and they'll be set.

I'm in and I'm just headed over to the beginner area in the FC to pick up the new crew member.
Poor thing has just been given the chat about how you can forge your own path - only to find they'll spend the rest of their career moving Tritium from hold to tank.
Now I just need to get them 120m CR or thereabouts for a max cargo T9 and they'll be set.
I'm crying. lol.

See... before I read your post, I didn't even feel bad about doing basically the same thing...

I'm still unable to get in.
The account link has worked and the launcher gives me the play button now. Thanks.
I have verified the installation to get the latest version.
But it errors out with, "The game failed to communicate with the authentication server."
I've checked my network and it's all good. Other Epic games play.

Greetings Commanders, our latest fix should address most issues for new Epic users. Please close and re-open the launcher for them to take affect. We'll continue to monitor the situation and update you tomorrow as necessary.

Please report any persisting issues here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/
Thanks @Stephen Benedetti
Please pass on my best wishes to those fixing these issues if you can. Their hard work is appreciated.

My issues are resolved. My new account launches from Epic fine now. Interestingly, all the bindings and settings transferred over from my Steam install. It still won't launch just from the Frontier launcher, it has to go through the Epic store. My Steam installs still work normally though without launching from there.

That's what I'm hoping too. I have five other accounts I can use from the single Steam version already - only makes sense if I can add this one too.
So you have 5 frontier accounts (5 different emails) ? Did you have to link each of them to the same Steam account ? When you want to switch to a different commander, you just run the EDLaunch from Steam and logoff / logon to an alt account ?

Top Bottom