Elite Dangerous is discounted on Xbox One this week

Tell your friends! Or even better, gift them! Or tell them to gift their friends. Anyway. Elite Dangerous is discounted on Xbox Live this week*:

Standard Edition - 60% off
Commander Deluxe Edition - 50% off
Horizons Season Pass - 40% off

*For Xbox Live Gold members only

Personally I'd recommend the Commander Deluxe Edition since it contains everything. Great time to start a space career for anyone. Spread the word, Commanders! o7

I bought it this morning [big grin] Looking through the offers I would recommend the Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition, works out as the same price as the other two offers, standard and horizons, but also comes with the Commander Pack.

At least this version does not come with Lenslok, many happy memories of being called at weird hours, thank Odin that mobiles were not around back then, to read the code for folks as I was one of the few that could actually see the images [smile]

Darkspire

So, that happens the same day I get my physical copy of the Legendary edition through the post, eh...?

Anyway, roll on the post-Christmas period where I might actually get a couple of hours to sit down and try to play through the tutorial enough to learn the controls properly.

got the horizons expansion. been waiting for this discount for a while!... my corvette really needs those engineering modifications

Ah, you must have played the ZX Spectrum port of Elite? That came with Lenslock, and you had to hope you didn't get one that was from a bad batch.

Yes my humble doorstop, the Spectrum 48K. Never knew about bad batches of Lensloks, folk used to complain that there one was faulty until I used it without a problem, think it boiled down to being at the right angle over the TV screen.

Although I have played it on the SNES and most home computers since my Speccy 48, this new Elite does seem to be the version the game always wanted to be, had to laugh going back to lining up the docking port on the stations, exactly the same as it was 33 years ago but now comes with the added internal landing and learning to use a controller to fly it, loving it :D

Darkspire

Deleted member 110222

D
Thanks for letting me know OP. I have a good friend who has expressed interest in the game, and he's been waiting for a sale.

So, that happens the same day I get my physical copy of the Legendary edition through the post, eh...?

Anyway, roll on the post-Christmas period where I might actually get a couple of hours to sit down and try to play through the tutorial enough to learn the controls properly.

LOL - me too. Just got the game after being interested in it for awhile. Looking for a good space sim. So far stuck on Tuturial #2 - docking. I got in the city but no idea where to dock this puppy. I'll try it again - there is a marker that as you approach flips away but you're in the middle of the city no dock in site when you get there. You're supposed to 'back in' - well I guess it's all part of the 'learning'. Looks good so far though - can't wait to learn/master all the controls so I can actually start playing the game :)

LOL - me too. Just got the game after being interested in it for awhile. Looking for a good space sim. So far stuck on Tuturial #2 - docking. I got in the city but no idea where to dock this puppy. I'll try it again - there is a marker that as you approach flips away but you're in the middle of the city no dock in site when you get there. You're supposed to 'back in' - well I guess it's all part of the 'learning'. Looks good so far though - can't wait to learn/master all the controls so I can actually start playing the game :)
Slightly off topic but...

when you request docking the flight controller will tell you which landing pad. It is also on your hud in blue just above your radar. As you enter the slot the white tracking marker will shift from the slot to the direction of the pad. Follow this down to the pad. Don't forget to lower the landing gear.

one tip or new commanders learning how to land is to lower the gear early either just before the slot or just after. It will slow you down and give you time to see where to go. Later when your more used to the flight mechanics you can zip in fast and loose

hope that helps

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but...

when you request docking the flight controller will tell you which landing pad. It is also on your hud in blue just above your radar. As you enter the slot the white tracking marker will shift from the slot to the direction of the pad. Follow this down to the pad. Don't forget to lower the landing gear.

one tip or new commanders learning how to land is to lower the gear early either just before the slot or just after. It will slow you down and give you time to see where to go. Later when your more important Sed to the flight mechanics you can zip in fast and loose

hope that helps

Yes it does - though I did notice the landing pad name the next time I tried. l was able to land now that I knew where I was going lol. Good tip on the landing gear I"ll have to try it. I actually deployed it as soon as I got in but I think I get what you're saying - deploy it at the last second once you're comfortable with the controls.

got the horizons expansion. been waiting for this discount for a while!... my corvette really needs those engineering modifications

You're going to love it. It adds tons of gameplay. Get those engineering mods while you can. There's word of " tax reform" in the near future.

Top Bottom