Elite Dangerous: Issue regarding incorrectly accrued Fleet Carrier upkeep costs addressed.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders,

Hope you're having a fine week so far.
Here to have a brief check in today regarding an issue around some rather nervous noises heard coming from Commander wallets, regarding Fleet Carrier upkeep costs looking a little on the heavy side.
Some upkeep costs were reported as being inflated by as much as triple the expected totals.

Issue:
Carrier upkeep was failing to be deducted under the regular, planned cadence, causing it to stack up and show inflated totals in Carrier management.

Link to Issue Tracker ticket: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50669

I'm very pleased to say that earlier today the finance department...I mean the dev team pushed a smart, undercover fix for the issue, which will ensure your weekly carrier upkeep is more in line with what you're expecting going forward.

{EDIT ON 24/06/2022}
PLEASE NOTE:

• This fix will not take effect until the next maintenance tick, which will take place at normal time next week.
  • At which point all of the accrued upkeep costs that you see up until that point, as a result of this issue, will be deducted from your balance.
  • From then on (post maintenance tick), Carrier upkeep costs will be accumulated and deducted as you were used to, as normal. There have been no changes to the way upkeep costs will be displayed or managed for you moving forward, the way the upkeep system has been behaiving was the result of an unfortunate issue in occurance.
  • The fix will also be present for Horizons players as well as Odyssey.
If you experience any further issues, we'll keep an eye out.

Any light hearted humour above aside - Apologies for the confusion caused with the issue and thank you always for your thoughts and feedback.

Have a lovely rest of the day and week ahead!

o7 Commanders.

sallymorganmoore

...but not many were putting their hands up to declare it hadn't been taken, were there? (I have to confess I never noticed, the amount is pretty small each week, less than 30 million for me for each carrier)
There was some hum around here in the Forum I noticed for sure and some lovely reports on the issue tracker link there.
Feel a bit bad for the Commander feeling really confused how they were expecting 31 milli one week, but facing 83 milli on screen with the confusion over why the cadence for deduction was off. All helpful reports as usual :)

Shame. The devs could have released this for suits

1656000878931.png

"...pushed a smart, undercover fix for the issue, which will ensure your weekly carrier upkeep is more in line with what you're expecting going forward."

So back to core plus services costs or does accrued and projected going to add sneaky hidden costs?

sallymorganmoore

"...pushed a smart, undercover fix for the issue, which will ensure your weekly carrier upkeep is more in line with what you're expecting going forward."

So back to core plus services costs or does accrued and projected going to add sneaky hidden costs?
No sneaky hidden costs, just everything back to the usual and expected normal cadence of payment for weekly Carrier upkeep costs.

sallymorganmoore

Aww. I was sort of hoping this is how the Azimuth saga was coming to a climax.

And in the end, it was nothing more than an elaborate identity theft scheme where Caleb Wytcherly made off with trillions of credits in skimmed carrier money.
Or like…the great Azimuth phishing scam where someone did eventually provide that security number on the back. Look what kind of mess it gets us into.

sallymorganmoore

I'm still a little confused Sally. I have been noticing these higher FC maintenance charges for 2 weeks now, but never received any confirmation that credit was actually deducted. Can you go into a bit more detail about what actually happened (e.g. was it possibly just a display bug?) and in case money was actually deducted, how do you plan to compensate for it? When does this fix go online?
Hey Frillop.
As mentioned in my post the issue received a fix earlier today.
The issue purely is as outlined in the ticket and above really. The weekly upkeep costs were failing to be deducted when they should have been and were rolling into a grand total costing week on week.
I can pick up on more feedback here tomorrow when I’m back at my desk to help further if needed o7

sallymorganmoore

I just noticed that the weekly upkeep is still unchanged (too high), but now I can say with certainty that nothing has been deducted so far. I have the habit (quite useful in this case) of keeping my carrier balance exactly at 500m - and that is still unchanged. :)
As soon as I’m back at my desk, Frillop I’ll take a look and see what I can do to further update anyone still seeing wonky issues o7
Happy to help as soon as possible o7

I've just logged into Odyssey, and it's not been fixed for me either. Still showing 17M+ (I've only owned it for 2 weeks) and no money deducted from my Carrier balance. I dropped 1B in when I bought it, and topped it up with 9M each week to cover the weekly upkeep, but it's still all there.

Top Bottom