Elite Dangerous Issue Report - 16/11/2021

Obviously, as Frontier have made clear, the voting order is an input to their prioritisation but not a particularly significant one - it's more about which bugs people want to hear progress updates about than which ones are going to be fixed - so this sort of organised voting isn't actually a problem.

I am aware of that. But this cloudy definition of "prioritization" is far too little to motivate me to catch the somewhat more difficult to describe bugs (of which there are, unfortunately, plenty). After all, I'm not a civil servant...

There is a issue raised in the issue tracker, but I think it’s goes under. But yes, for your last discuss, they’ve mentioned to concentrate to bring EDO on consoles, but after the sheer power (whining/complaining) of the pc cmdrs, they reconsider there taken decision, and let the consoles complete hanging in the air, till now. And I think this wouldn’t change till next year, and then we get the message that the console version will be cancelled.

My theory is: looking at the frequency of patches lately, I doubt the same is possible on consoles - and no one can seriously wish for that.

sallymorganmoore

Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Frontier
...I hope they'll solve also the hardpoints randomly not firing.

Since Odyssey release I have C1 engineered (LR with feedback/superpen) rails not firing... or firing once and then being locked up.

They work flawlessly in Horizons.

Hello! Ok, been taking some time this morning to hone in on old reports from railguns. The Vulture, I remember was an absolute pest but we need to do a pass on them all at this point.

I've farmed a bunch of expired tickets for now as a starting point:
Will run at it.

Hello! Ok, been taking some time this morning to hone in on old reports from railguns. The Vulture, I remember was an absolute pest but we need to do a pass on them all at this point.

I've farmed a bunch of expired tickets for now as a starting point:
Will run at it.
Sally, just thank you so much for everything. I've heard about the market share of Frontier and I fear it would have an impact on you guys and not to be selfish..., also about my favourite dream game. I really hope new players will join this amazing wonderful galaxy that is Elite Dangerous. BTW, I love Odyssey and it's getting better and better. I hope VR will receive so love soon also. Do you think that we could have a black background instead of the grey one? The grey break more the immersion.

So sorry to be all around.

Fly safe, and have a good coffee.

o7

sallymorganmoore

Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Frontier
Sally, just thank you so much for everything. I've heard about the market share of Frontier and I fear it would have an impact on you guys and not to be selfish..., also about my favourite dream game. I really hope new players will join this amazing wonderful galaxy that is Elite Dangerous. BTW, I love Odyssey and it's getting better and better. I hope VR will receive so love soon also. Do you think that we could have a black background instead of the grey one? The grey break more the immersion.

So sorry to be all around.

Fly safe, and have a good coffee.

o7

Hello! Haw...
We were only talking about the "can it be black around the edge" for VR at Dinner with the Devs on Saturday, funny enough :) I didn't have the notebook there with me but I've kept it for resurfacing in chats!
Thank you for your thoughts. You fly safe too o7

Arthur missed off a Dev Dinner photo....

TB%2BSpectre%2Bmeeting.jpg

Sally further to the hardpoints not firing..

Some people were reporting earlier on that ship kits were blocking both lights and the firing of some guns, specifically on the Anaconda. Apologies if this has been fixed already..I don't have the time to check but it may be related.

All the best with today.

Sally further to the hardpoints not firing..

Some people were reporting earlier on that ship kits were blocking both lights and the firing of some guns, specifically on the Anaconda. Apologies if this has been fixed already..I don't have the time to check but it may be related.

All the best with today.
That would make sense since the ship kit bits have hitboxes (rather than in Horizons where they have none).

Are you certain the ship kits have hitboxes? If so that is a game changer. Who would want to increase the ship hitbox?
If memory serves (as I think it was me who brought it up) the problem with ship kits on the ground is that you could walk through, or be shot through, a Horizons era shipkit.

I think kit parts are now solid IIRC and this might be causing an issue, but if the problems are new (i.e. seen in later EDO updates past 1 or 2) then it might not be kit parts but something else (like a dodgy charge property in the code).

If memory serves (as I think it was me who brought it up) the problem with ship kits on the ground is that you could walk through, or be shot through, a Horizons era shipkit.

I think kit parts are now solid IIRC and this might be causing an issue, but if the problems are new (i.e. seen in later EDO updates past 1 or 2) then it might not be kit parts but something else (like a dodgy charge property in the code).

Yep, they are solid now, which can be an advantage on the ground, providing cover.
My cutter with ship kit gets attacked by settlement defenses whilst landed, because it reaches an area that it shouldn't (I can't remember the english word right now, sorry).

Can 100% confirm this is a thing... Cobra 3 Raider kit prevents me from firing the left small hardpoint because a specific kit part is located right in the firing path of whatever weapon you fit there (in my case it was an Abrasion blaster). Took me a while to figure it out (a few minutes) why it wouldn't shoot despite being powered, distro charged, and weapon assigned to a firegroup. The other 3 hardpoints are not obstructed and as such fire just fine.

I guess that's what happens when you cut corners during the initial design ("why bother with sensible placements when there's no hitbox") and then shoot from the hip changing stuff later on without thinking through the implications ("let's enable hitboxes for shipkits because it's silly to walk right through them when on-foot, I'm sure it'll be fine").

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️

Can 100% confirm this is a thing... Cobra 3 Raider kit prevents me from firing the left small hardpoint because a specific kit part is located right in the firing path of whatever weapon you fit there (in my case it was an Abrasion blaster). Took me a while to figure it out (a few minutes) why it wouldn't shoot despite being powered, distro charged, and weapon assigned to a firegroup.

I guess that's what happens when you cut corners during the initial design ("why bother with sensible placements when there's no hitbox") and then shoot from the hip changing stuff ("let's enable hitboxes for shipkits because it's silly to walk right through them when on-foot, I'm sure it'll be fine").

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️
Constructive criticisms is always better received. From what I heard, ship kit where initially designed to be without hitbox so they would not provide any disadvantages in combat, not because it was cutting corner.

Constructive criticisms is always better received. From what I heard, ship kit where initially designed to be without hitbox so they would not provide any disadvantages in combat, not because it was cutting corner.

They could simply remove the hit-boxes again and sugar coat the ship kits as holographic projections (this might still not interfere with the fact that ship kits do cast shadows)

Edit: it still shows lack of foresight

The simple solution here would be to remove the hitbox for weapons but not for walking around and on your ship. As the latter would be the only reason why you'd want them to be have a hitbox at all. For a studio that came up with the Stellar Forge I can't imagine this would pose such a challenge - and I don't think it is, attention to detail or rather lack of it is the real problem though, and this shows in a lot of areas in the game.

The simple solution here would be to remove the hitbox for weapons but not for walking around and on your ship. As the latter would be the only reason why you'd want them to be have a hitbox at all. For a studio that came up with the Stellar Forge I can't imagine this would pose such a challenge - and I don't think it is, attention to detail or rather lack of it is the real problem though, and this shows in a lot of areas in the game.
Very valid points. There is so much details in that simishh game indeed and always room for improvements. : )

o7

When it comes down to going through each kit on each ship to check which bits need fixing, or the quick and dirty fix of making them all non-physical again, which do you expect them to go for?

as i said, i would not mind to have them back as "holographic projections"
makes a nice pair for allowing to paint the ship in the hangar view - even out in the dark

Top Bottom