Elite Dangerous Issue Report - 16/11/2021

Am I the only one wondering how this topic even made it to #6?

I mean, how many commanders could have a (rather expensive, I might add) motion platform so that they could benefit from it?

How is that even possible, considering the mainstream nature of the issue tracker?
I believe I saw a very well known cmdr with googly eye vr headset pushing for it quite vociferously.. he has quite a following.

Don't worry about the issues on the list or how high it is on it, there's no order of investigation neither any meaning to it. Some issues are there for centuries now.

The issue tracker is nothing but a gimmick.

Last edited:
I think I know who you mean. But does he really have so many followers that he can push a rather exotic issue on the otherwise very mainstream oriented issue tracker? If this is indeed the case, it is just one more reason to view this anomaly with extreme suspicion. In any case, the decision-making process about how this item made it to 6th place is anything but comprehensible to me.
Followers of social media folks are more engaged than the average gamer and are more likely to vote on issues by a huge margin.

Undoubtedly. But if this actually results in followers upvoting things that basically don't affect them personally (and that's what seems to have happened here: "voting" out of solidarity, so to say), isn't that alone reason enough to question the whole procedure? In my eyes, this is complete nonsense.
Maybe. But, for example, there is a very rare but fatal disease the government considered no longer including in basic health insurance. It would have effected less than ten people, none of which I known. Still petitioned to keep using my tax money for this.

If people who dont have motion stuff still believe it's awesome tech and want to see it supported on general principle after hearing about it, is that nonsense? Should people only prioritize what is directly useful to themselves?

I think I know who you mean. But does he really have so many followers that he can push a rather exotic issue on the otherwise very mainstream oriented issue tracker? If this is indeed the case, it is just one more reason to view this anomaly with extreme suspicion. In any case, the decision-making process about how this item made it to 6th place is anything but comprehensible to me.
It says in the table exactly how many votes it had - 201. That's a single large but not maximised squadron, or the participants in a large but not DW-scale expedition, or a moderately popular community Discord, etc. Some organisation and advertising perhaps required, but really not a big deal. And it's had six months to accumulate those votes, too.

To get onto the board at all it wouldn't even have needed half of that either (in the first report it was 10th with 175 votes). There are probably well over a hundred groups with the scale and organisation to get their pet bug into the top 20 if they want. (Though if they all actually did, of course, the bar would be raised significantly!)

Obviously, as Frontier have made clear, the voting order is an input to their prioritisation but not a particularly significant one - it's more about which bugs people want to hear progress updates about than which ones are going to be fixed - so this sort of organised voting isn't actually a problem.

Did you all know what is funny? Still constant crashes on ps5 that is funny 😶‍🌫🧐
Post it here:
They've been looking for player input over crashes.

Post it here:
They've been looking for player input over crashes.
There is a issue raised in the issue tracker, but I think it’s goes under. But yes, for your last discuss, they’ve mentioned to concentrate to bring EDO on consoles, but after the sheer power (whining/complaining) of the pc cmdrs, they reconsider there taken decision, and let the consoles complete hanging in the air, till now. And I think this wouldn’t change till next year, and then we get the message that the console version will be cancelled.

Hey @sallymorganmoore Here's the extra info for that problem mentioned earlier. The Up and Down arrows not working on a HOTAS in only certain menus.

Issue Report (Ha, like I'll ever get 10 other cmdrs to add theirs in time):
- https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/45360

Pic of bindings to show that both the Xbox Controller and the T.Flight HOTAS One are bound for menu navigation and work perfectly in all other menus.
20211121163019_1.jpg

The affected menus seem to be:
- Ship Purchase
- Ship Transfer
- Livery
- Arx Store

When Purchasing a ship The HOTAS up and down arrows refuse to work in this specific menu so you have to reach for a controller or the mouse instead.
20211121163833_1.jpg

When attempting to transfer a ship the same problem happens in this menu:
20211121164007_1.jpg

In Livery these screens are affected the same way, note the left and right arrows still work but the up and down are the ones that refuse to work except on controller and mouse:
20211121164127_1.jpg

and
20211121164138_1.jpg

In the place where people want to give you money this is the same problem. HOTAS works left and right through the menus, refuses to work up and down depite working properly thoughout the game and in many other menus. Pics for ref:
20211121164214_1.jpg

20211121164240_1.jpg

Additionally in the 'Manage Ships' screen there is no way to enter or exit the menu that exists top right to show you your modifications. You can ONLY enter it with a Mouse and only exit it with either controller or mouse. Not sure if this is part of the same problem or just bad UX design:
20211121163909_1.jpg

Hope these help your team.

Hey @sallymorganmoore Here's the extra info for that problem mentioned earlier. The Up and Down arrows not working on a HOTAS in only certain menus.

Issue Report (Ha, like I'll ever get 10 other cmdrs to add theirs in time):
- https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/45360

Pic of bindings to show that both the Xbox Controller and the T.Flight HOTAS One are bound for menu navigation and work perfectly in all other menus.
View attachment 276705

The affected menus seem to be:
- Ship Purchase
- Ship Transfer
- Livery
- Arx Store

When Purchasing a ship The HOTAS up and down arrows refuse to work in this specific menu so you have to reach for a controller or the mouse instead.
View attachment 276706

When attempting to transfer a ship the same problem happens in this menu:
View attachment 276707

In Livery these screens are affected the same way, note the left and right arrows still work but the up and down are the ones that refuse to work except on controller and mouse:
View attachment 276708
and
View attachment 276709

In the place where people want to give you money this is the same problem. HOTAS works left and right through the menus, refuses to work up and down depite working properly thoughout the game and in many other menus. Pics for ref:
View attachment 276711
View attachment 276712

Additionally in the 'Manage Ships' screen there is no way to enter or exit the menu that exists top right to show you your modifications. You can ONLY enter it with a Mouse and only exit it with either controller or mouse. Not sure if this is part of the same problem or just bad UX design:
View attachment 276713

Hope these help your team.
Genetics info in system map, too.

Genetics info in system map, too.
Thanks for adding, it's really weird, it's like they forgot to do a final pass and add in the finishing touches on a few menus or something.

If you felt compelled an addition to that issue tracker might be useful...or it could be totally useless but you know the drill around here. Thanks for adding your input either way!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
...I hope they'll solve also the hardpoints randomly not firing.

Since Odyssey release I have C1 engineered (LR with feedback/superpen) rails not firing... or firing once and then being locked up.

They work flawlessly in Horizons.

Hello! Ok, been taking some time this morning to hone in on old reports from railguns. The Vulture, I remember was an absolute pest but we need to do a pass on them all at this point.

I've farmed a bunch of expired tickets for now as a starting point:
Will run at it.

Hello! Ok, been taking some time this morning to hone in on old reports from railguns. The Vulture, I remember was an absolute pest but we need to do a pass on them all at this point.

I've farmed a bunch of expired tickets for now as a starting point:
Will run at it.
Sally, just thank you so much for everything. I've heard about the market share of Frontier and I fear it would have an impact on you guys and not to be selfish..., also about my favourite dream game. I really hope new players will join this amazing wonderful galaxy that is Elite Dangerous. BTW, I love Odyssey and it's getting better and better. I hope VR will receive so love soon also. Do you think that we could have a black background instead of the grey one? The grey break more the immersion.

So sorry to be all around.

Fly safe, and have a good coffee.

o7

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Sally, just thank you so much for everything. I've heard about the market share of Frontier and I fear it would have an impact on you guys and not to be selfish..., also about my favourite dream game. I really hope new players will join this amazing wonderful galaxy that is Elite Dangerous. BTW, I love Odyssey and it's getting better and better. I hope VR will receive so love soon also. Do you think that we could have a black background instead of the grey one? The grey break more the immersion.

So sorry to be all around.

Fly safe, and have a good coffee.

o7

Hello! Haw...
We were only talking about the "can it be black around the edge" for VR at Dinner with the Devs on Saturday, funny enough :) I didn't have the notebook there with me but I've kept it for resurfacing in chats!
Thank you for your thoughts. You fly safe too o7

Sally further to the hardpoints not firing..

Some people were reporting earlier on that ship kits were blocking both lights and the firing of some guns, specifically on the Anaconda. Apologies if this has been fixed already..I don't have the time to check but it may be related.

All the best with today.

Top Bottom