Elite Dangerous Livestreams - 28.04.2022

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
dOcrgpv.png

Thanks Bruce for letting us know.

Like yourselves it's a really busy week for me as well so it actually works out for me that there won't be one this afternoon.

Last edited:
This does not sound good at all. BTW am I the only one who experiences server disconnects all the time?
If you're discontinuing Elite, please be quick about it - prolonging farewells only hurts more

One livestream not happening - with notice in advance - and all this panic?

Wait until we go a couple of months without and then maybe you can start worrying.

Right now I'm more interested in knowing whether or not there's a CG this week.

Wait until we go a couple of months without and then maybe you can start worrying.

It not the missing livestream that got my attention, but the way the announcement was worded out since it hints to more than the cancelation of a single livestream

Thanks for letting us know.

Also some feedback while we are at it:

To be fair (and I want to make this very clear that I say this with no ill intend) the streams themselves are fine and all, but in my honest opinion they lack the most important thing at the moment - which is substance

It's great to know whats going on in the community and what everyone is up to, but frankly - I turn up to the stream because of the slight possibility of news on the actual development of the game. You are doing your best and you (the CMs) are not responsible for the lack of information and I know that - I just want to express my frustration with the current state of the game and hope you can understand.

Dev talks (like last year) would be so much appreciated, as well as a look behind the scenes, even if it's just abandoned concepts, or artworks, or something else from the dev team. Your pre-recorded segments where you talked about missions and the new SRV were amazing and I am sure a lot of people would agree with me on that. A short, non committal, non-spoilery roadmap of some sort would be equally as good and welcome.

Even though most of these things had already been suggested by a lot of people before me, I hope you could still pass that feedback on to the ones responsible for decisions on that matter. It's hard to stay positive for the future of the game when all we get are either bad news, or no news at all.

This isn't the first time. If this was a one off, nobody would be batting an eyelid. The fact that they have continuously promised this and that and not delivering just shows that whatever is going on behind the scenes is a shambles. They were silent for the first 2-3 months of 2022, come back saying they had to prepare the new format and move into the studio (which was probably some PR crap). It's lasted all but 6 weeks and it seems to have ended with no explanation hours before the livestream. If it was just for this one livestream then maybe it would slide, but the fact this is the second time this year, they didn't say they will be back next week and just said "We'll post in the future to confirm when they will resume." sounds like the start of another draught of communication (like the past 6 weeks wasn't a drought anyway...).

No other developer of a live service game I have ever played has had quality of communication this poor, while also having some of the most creative and talented community managers. It's starting to feel like they have no long term plan, no information on the future of the game and they are just going day by day. Bad news after bad news after bad news ... it's starting to feel like ED is running out of road to drive on.

Last edited:
news on the actual development of the game.
It's hard to stay positive for the future of the game

:rolleyes:

This still triggers me (and the doom associated with it)
Odyssey is out for almost an year. It constantly improved for the last 11 Updates.
Update 12 is hinted to be on the make and most probably will contain bug fixes and hopefully further optimizations

What news people want? What development?
What future? (*)
The game is out. IF you like it then play it - which means the game has a future for you
If you dont like it... well, there are other games out there to be played

The only future i'm interested is where the current story arc is going - but i dont expect spoilers in live streams

*(for example i dont remember seeing any roadmaps in 2019 - that did not prevented me enjoying the game for the entire 2019 or for the subsequent years)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom