Elite Dangerous lore channel

Hi CMDR's

First of all I don't want to tread on toes so if I'm innapropriatley posting this then I do apologise. By all means fold this up into a paper airplane and chuck it into the nearest black hole.

I have started a new YouTube channel, focusing on the lore of Elite dangerous, amounst other elements of the game involving BGS. I Also have plans to make detailed videos on all ships and station types including megaships and historical elite spacecraft.

Sunk around 400 hours into Elite and I am relatively new to the world of video editing but have a keen eye and I am passionate about this game. Looking to move forward with each release I make, learning from my mistakes and seeking ways to improve as I go along.

Somewhat of a musician historically so all releases will be heavy in atmosphere.

Currently exploring the First thargoid war sites in detail.

Please consider my videos a watch if this is your cup of tea. Any constructive criticism or advise is vastly appreciated. I seek to add to this community in a positive way.

Source: https://youtu.be/ktK3f9DH9Mk

My channel

Thank you for your time.

Id love to see a channel dedicated to the elite lore, theres so much and not many good ways to actually find out what any of it is, this could really be useful

Hopefully I can explore this successfully. Have high hopes for this game and plan to finish exploring all the first thargoid war sites by the end of the month then moving on to some showcases of the other sites. Moving on from then onto history videos and famous systems of the bubble.

I am however treading in the footsteps of giants. Some of the raxxla threads and those who have cracked the crypto codes are the reason I am doing this.

Props to the whole community of this game. The best aspect about this game.

It rankles me that the game's lore is pretty much ignored by FD and the community as a whole. This might be a step in the right direction. Good work!

Thank you Borko. Always used to struggle to find some of the sites on YouTube aswell as some of the mentions to particular subjects made on this forum.

There are some who I take note of though, obsidianant has been known to dabble in the lore. Also blindpew used to mention things here and there but he seemed to stop uploading. Guru is ace if you like the more mystic side of Elite.

I have started a new YouTube channel, focusing on the lore of Elite dangerous, amounst other elements of the game involving BGS.

Lore videos about for example the Empire, Federation, Alliance, Thargoids, ED timeline and important characters would be useful. You'll cater to a niche so don't expect a lot of views for your videos. The upcoming expansion should boost the popularity of ED.

I Also have plans to make detailed videos on all ships and station types including megaships and historical elite spacecraft.

There are already plenty of people who made videos about that during the last 4+ years. There aren't proper videos about the in-game corporations and for example the ship manufacturers yet.

Already have plans for lore on each galactic empire, with different voice over artists I know from my personal life.

The first thargoid war sites are almost done, will definitely be delving deeper into that aspect.

Thanks for the feedback Cosmo 🙂

Last edited:
I think the term Hollywood is meant to imply big budget. I mean Hollywood hasn't half turded out some dog movies of late. For example Ad astra, two hours of Brad pit talking to himself. So pretensious and self flagilating, no depth nothing going on. It was like the director understood the popularity of science fiction and wanted to use that to make a film about daddy issues. Apart from a few shots of a rocket and the brief well done combat sequence on the moon you could of set it in a laundrette and it wouldn't of changed a thing. Interstellar on the other hand is a different beast all together. Captures all the mysticism and unknown of science fiction of old expertly. Hollywood has become massively complacent of the last decade BUT there are still some gems every now and again, mostly outside of the Hollywood fart smelling guild.

I think looking away from movies and more to TV series is a better approach, specifically TV series that have been adapted from books. The way a TV show can flesh out a narrative over the space of a few years really adds to building a universe. Fdev's original idea of hiring writers to build the story was a good idea and it did pay off. Reclamation and premonitions are good novels and I suspect with Drew wagar putting out elite videos again specifically around the lore that something is afoot behind the scenes. During the last year they have been working on other projects such as zoo tycoon, it takes time especially if we are going to be getting fps elements and atmospheric landings. All the ground work of making animal behaviour, design and landscapes/foliage has already been done on separate titles all under the same cobra engine. All them assets will probably be sitting in an early build on David's computer in his office, integrated into the elite universe.

I would disagree to a point with malor rom on the point that Elite has no story. I think it does have a rich BGS you just have to go looking for it. The formedine rift, cornflux dead sites are brilliantly narrated and written. The first thargoid war which I am currently documenting are fascinating, not just the old trope of I'm a bad guy and he's a good guy let's have a fight, but real conflicting feeling to what is attually happening, real human reactions good or bad. We don't need another bug hunt. The siruis Corp and the club again proper mystery stuff that gets a lot of people's imaginations burning. Raxxla stuff is very limited but look at what the mear mention of it being in the game has gave birth to with all the amazing yet sometimes misguided theories. Also worth mentioning is the current thargoid happenings with the new thargoid interceptor and the current state of incursions into the universe. They arent just randomly put into the game just for a laugh, there is intention to those events,that they are building up to something and I suspect will be used to sprung board us into the update. I admit however these events are not as obvious and they should be.

They really need to knock the ball out of the park for the 2020 update.

FDev need to give Dan Abnet a ring, alien isolation was a master piece and the things he has done for warhammer really speak volumes when it comes to telling war stories. He is also a limey like myself 😁

FDev is a REAL success story when it comes to British products, sadly so often forgotten about when it comes to the outside world.

Anyway thanks for the feedback on writing the elite story, I'll have a word with David next time I see him in Tescos.

If he lifts the restraining order. 😉

Lore is always great! Also pretty much neglected by Frontier in terms of clearing up, which parts of it they actually adopted for ED, and which parts they didn't.
The way the first Thargoid war ended, and all the lore we got from the prequels was pretty much ignored, apart from INRA and Jameson's involvement. What about the anti virus? What about Oresrians and Klaxxians? We never got a straight answer to that. I am under the impression, Frontier didn't even think much about the prequel's lore and just took bits of it. I don't really get, why they didn't clear that up.

Another thing is, that there is information about the superpowers, the powerplay factions and aliens (though inclomplete) in the Codex, but not a word about the Pilots Federation!
Every single Commander is part of it. It's the foundation of the whole "independent Commander" thing, and also the reason why we're not called "Captains", though we are, but Commanders.

I once gamemastered a pen and paper roleplaying campaign using the Traveller system and set it in the Frontier universe, so I did my share of lore-investigating back then, and found a lot of contradictions with Elite Dangerous, when it released. My campaign was about 10 years back, so ED wasn't even announced then.

Lore is always great! Also pretty much neglected by Frontier in terms of clearing up, which parts of it they actually adopted for ED, and which parts they didn't.
The way the first Thargoid war ended, and all the lore we got from the prequels was pretty much ignored, apart from INRA and Jameson's involvement. What about the anti virus? What about Oresrians and Klaxxians? We never got a straight answer to that. I am under the impression, Frontier didn't even think much about the prequel's lore and just took bits of it. I don't really get, why they didn't clear that up.

Another thing is, that there is information about the superpowers, the powerplay factions and aliens (though inclomplete) in the Codex, but not a word about the Pilots Federation!
Every single Commander is part of it. It's the foundation of the whole "independent Commander" thing, and also the reason why we're not called "Captains", though we are, but Commanders.

I once gamemastered a pen and paper roleplaying campaign using the Traveller system and set it in the Frontier universe, so I did my share of lore-investigating back then, and found a lot of contradictions with Elite Dangerous, when it released. My campaign was about 10 years back, so ED wasn't even announced then.

How would you react if someone was to make videos on further "sites" that explore the lore in more detail.

An example being a new (fictional) site was found and there was a video exploring this. All well acted and written.

All that data that is sold to them and not one word. All those permit locks yet not a word. There must be a reason (BGS) to why we have permit locks.

Why do they pay so much to pilots for data

FD screwed the pooch. Not sure they ever really had anyone keeping tabs.

judgedredd.jpg

Top Bottom