Release Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting the stations' page when I click on it. Copying the link, and pasting it into a browser works.
I take it that this has worked in the past?

It may be that your browser is not responding to the underlying Windows ShellExecute() call. Try closing your browser and any of its processes listed in Task Manager.

I take it that this has worked in the past?

It may be that your browser is not responding to the underlying Windows ShellExecute() call. Try closing your browser and any of its processes listed in Task Manager.

Hmm. Using Chrome. Will have to test in other browsers.

I am getting "Error: Can't connect to EDSM" whenever I jump or hit update. EDD is able to sync with EDSM. I have had the problem for a few days. Anyone else have this problem at the moment? It sometimes works if a wait a while and update manually after arriving in a system, but the automatic update fails each jump.

Last edited:
Wait, ignore that! I just did an update check and realised I wasn't at the latest version. After updating to v2.1.0.0 the problem went away! Magical response time! :-D

Ran into a problem. For some reason can't send market data for this station (outfitting goes fine).
It has market for sure, I bought 1 Hydrogen Fuel from it to, maybe, update it, but it didn't work. Restarted app, no effect either.
Using version 2.1.0.0.

Is there a current Elite Dangerous thread where I can report the ED API issue which causes the market collector to report: "Error: Can't get market data!".
I'm getting this with this station https://eddb.io/station/23101 (Vonnegut Beacon @ Arikaras).
It does have a working commodities market but no shipyard or outfitting.
This is with ED 2.0.07 (no Horizons) and the EDMC 2.1.0.0.

Last edited:
Any chance of a pull down addition for people with multiple CMDR's? Every time I switch, I have to retype in credentials and wait for auth email before I can use the EDMC tool.

Cheers.

I decided to try the latest EDMC even though I'm at Beagle Point! I've found that it connects to my EDProxy just fine - the System updates automatically when I jump. I have the following problems, though:

1. Systems are not automatically logged to EDSM even though I have ticked the relevant checkbox. If I click Update, it will usually work. It will say "sending data to EDSM", but nothing is added to the log.
2. Sometimes when I click Update the wrong system is shown (i.e. different to the system shown when I click File-Status-Ships)

It's almost as if EDMC is using EDProxy only as a trigger to fetch the system name from the Frontier API, which is failing or is slow, rather than use the system name provided by EDProxy?

I've found EDProxy to be very reliable in updating my EDSM log. Is there any way I can use EDMC with EDProxy but not have EDMC upload log entries to EDSM?

I've tried having both EDMC and EDProxy uploading logs to EDSM, but found that EDMC was uploading entries with a GMT timestamp rather than my local timestamp, resulting in duplicate entries.

Thanks for your work with this. Basically, what I would like is for my exploration log to be automatically uploaded to EDSM (either by EDProxy or EDMC, it doesn't matter which, so long as they don't conflict), and I'd like to have some sort of notification that the system needs trilateration in EDSM.

I've found that EDMC is uploading travel logs to EDSM, except that the timestamps are in UTC/GMT and not my local time zone. This is confusing as EDSM uses my local timezone for everything, and EDProxy uploads its travel logs using my local timezone (and is therefore consistent with EDSM).

1. Could you fix the EDMC log uploads to EDSM so they are using my local time?
2. Could EDMC log uploads to EDSM be disabled while retaining access to other functionality?

Thanks.

I decided to try the latest EDMC even though I'm at Beagle Point! I've found that it connects to my EDProxy just fine - the System updates automatically when I jump. I have the following problems, though:

1. Systems are not automatically logged to EDSM even though I have ticked the relevant checkbox. If I click Update, it will usually work. It will say "sending data to EDSM", but nothing is added to the log.
2. Sometimes when I click Update the wrong system is shown (i.e. different to the system shown when I click File-Status-Ships)

It's almost as if EDMC is using EDProxy only as a trigger to fetch the system name from the Frontier API, which is failing or is slow, rather than use the system name provided by EDProxy?

I've found EDProxy to be very reliable in updating my EDSM log. Is there any way I can use EDMC with EDProxy but not have EDMC upload log entries to EDSM?

I've tried having both EDMC and EDProxy uploading logs to EDSM, but found that EDMC was uploading entries with a GMT timestamp rather than my local timestamp, resulting in duplicate entries.

Thanks for your work with this. Basically, what I would like is for my exploration log to be automatically uploaded to EDSM (either by EDProxy or EDMC, it doesn't matter which, so long as they don't conflict), and I'd like to have some sort of notification that the system needs trilateration in EDSM.

I've found that EDMC is uploading travel logs to EDSM, except that the timestamps are in UTC/GMT and not my local time zone. This is confusing as EDSM uses my local timezone for everything, and EDProxy uploads its travel logs using my local timezone (and is therefore consistent with EDSM).

1. Could you fix the EDMC log uploads to EDSM so they are using my local time?
2. Could EDMC log uploads to EDSM be disabled while retaining access to other functionality?

Thanks.

As stated in our API documentation, logs are to be send in UTC format.
So it's EDProxy that should convert when sending.

The local timestamps is then depending on the user who see EDSM.

Logs uploaded by EDProxy are correctly shown in EDSM.

Logs uploaded by EDMC are out by my UTC offset.

If it is 23:00 local time and EDSM has my correct timezone of UTC+8 then the EDProxy logs show up as 23:00. The EDMC logs show up as 15:00.

Based on that EDProxy is correct and EDMC is not.

Hi,

This sounds like an awesome tool in conjunction with TCE. However, I must not have things set up correctly. I installed and entered API, and it appears to be running. I even set a hotkey to test it, and I hear a beep when pressed. Nothing seems to happen though. I open the TCE commodities window, and the prices have not updated.

I'm missing something obvious I'm sure.

Do I need to select a market download format for TCE, and save location?

Thanks for the assist.
Davo

Last edited:
Hi,

This sounds like an awesome tool in conjunction with TCE. However, I must not have things set up correctly. I installed and entered API, and it appears to be running. I even set a hotkey to test it, and I hear a beep when pressed. Nothing seems to happen though. I open the TCE commodities window, and the prices have not updated.

I'm missing something obvious I'm sure.

Do I need to select a market download format for TCE, and save location?

Thanks for the assist.
Davo

Never mind. I found the answer in TCE forum pages. Just have to hit the little connect button under the Current Station. LOL

Told you it would be something simple.

TCE rocks! I've been using it for quite some time. The improvements Eventure has made are great too. I only just got the EDMC working with the MkII version, and I have to say it's just blown me away. :D

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom