Release Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Get IE popup "There was a problem sending the command to the program.", click OK.
For reasons known only to Microsoft the authentication won't work with IE as your default browser (this is undocumented behaviour but mentioned under "Warning: Redirects to Application Protocols will not function" in this blog post). Edge or any other browser should work.

I have 2 commanders. Just upgraded to EDMC 3.31, and accidentally did the wrong auth on my second account.
How do I reset the auth so I can try again with the right credentials.
The next version of the app should detect this and automatically redirect you to authenticate again. In the meantime quit the app, delete the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Marginal\EDMarketConnector\fdev_apikeys and re-run. You will have to re-authenticate both Cmdrs.

EDMC Errors:
1) "global name 'data' is not defined"
2) "cannot connect to EDDN"
Please send me the file %TMP%\EDMarketConnector.log

Last edited:
I did change the default browser to Firefox and EDMC is working well, although I got a mysterious '500 error server' during the process.
EDMC is now sending both faction and market data
Many thanks!!!!

Yeah so im getting a continuous "logging in" message.

I click on update > Click on steam icon > enter steam login details > Get sent Steam Guard Code > enter that code > Continuous logging in via both EDMC and Steam Guard.

I have the same problem. And I have to log in every time I start the bloody game. So I have to log in for every game session. Firefox is the default browser if that's useful information.

Last edited:
Hi,

I cannot login at all as it does not accept my username / password!

The 3 options do not appear to include a PC, why is that?

Or what am I doing wrong, please?

** Solved **

I found my old login details, so all working now thanks.

Hi Erbaran,

Thanks for the reply but my default browser is already set to Firefox and i still can't authenticate.[down]

Last edited:
I have 2 commanders. Just upgraded to EDMC 3.31, and accidentally did the wrong auth on my second account.
How do I reset the auth so I can try again with the right credentials.
Release 3.32 should automatically detect this problem and prompt you to re-authenticate.

I have the same problem. And I have to log in every time I start the bloody game.
Release 3.32 has some fixes for the authentication procedure and some extra logging. If the problem persists please compress and send me the file %TMP%\EDMarketConnector.log

I cannot login at all as it does not accept my username / password!
The 3 options do not appear to include a PC, why is that?
If you're on PC (and not via Steam) don't press any of the three options - just enter your credentials directly.

Last edited:
Now I get a new error at the bottom of the program window:

Code:
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 24: ordinal not in range(128)

and btw: scandata and stationdata will still not updated since version 3.0 as I reported before, but I've this issue with the EliteLogAgent and EDDiscovery too, so I assume it'll be a problem on my side, but i don't know what it could be (antivirus and firewall were turned off for testing surposes and the data still weren't updated on docking or scanning).

I keep getting the "Error: Frontier Server is lagging" message. I've verified the location of the journal files, and made sure that cAPI is authenticated properly. Even disabled all my EDMC plugins, still no go.

EDIT: Seems to be really weirdly intermittent. Right now I'm just going through the R.O.S.S. list of stations that need updated info, hitting each station, and some just seem to bug out for some reason. Some stations EDMC is able to fetch fine for, then out of the blue a whole system where I get the "server is lagging" message.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting problem. I use chrome as my default browser. When I get prompted to log in, i get a 200, but I also get response that looks to be directly from their PHP to redis connector code.

Fatal error: Uncaught Predis\Response\ServerException: OOM command not allowed when used memory > 'maxmemory'. in /var/www/html/vendor/predis/predis/src/Client.php:370 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/vendor/predis/predis/src/Client.php(335): Predis\Client->onErrorResponse(Object(Predis\Command\StringSet), Object(Predis\Response\Error)) #1 /var/www/html/vendor/predis/predis/src/Client.php(314): Predis\Client->executeCommand(Object(Predis\Command\StringSet)) #2 /var/www/html/vendor/snc/redis-bundle/Session/Storage/Handler/RedisSessionHandler.php(138): Predis\Client->__call('set', Array) #3 /var/www/html/vendor/snc/redis-bundle/Session/Storage/Handler/RedisSessionHandler.php(146): Snc\RedisBundle\Session\Storage\Handler\RedisSessionHandler->Snc\RedisBundle\Session\Storage\Handler\{closure}(Object(Predis\Client), 'sessiond88ae654...', '5c2d89b4698d0', 30001) #4 /var/www/html/vendor/snc/redis-bundle/Session/Storage/Handler/RedisSessionHandler.php(205): Snc\RedisBundle\Session\Storage\Handler\RedisSessionHandler->lockSession('d88 in /var/www/html/src/AuthBundle/Resources/views/base.html.twig on line 24

Any idea whats going on here? I tried a few things (logging in, and out, etc) and nothing.

Since today, EDMC for me not works. When i start it, it isn't logs in, but stays in initial state, the update button is inactive. And nothing happens. If i click on save raw data, then it writes: invalid crendentials error.
Yesterday it worked without problem.

Why is this?

Here is an interesting problem. I use chrome as my default browser. When I get prompted to log in, i get a 200, but I also get response that looks to be directly from their PHP to redis connector code.
Frontier authentication server crashed. Working now.

Since today, EDMC for me not works. When i start it, it isn't logs in, but stays in initial state, the update button is inactive.
The app can't do anything until it knows your Cmdr name, and it can't know that while you're at the game's main menu.

Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge.. via frontiers homepage = "500 Internal Server Error"

Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge.. via steam = "500 Internal Server Error"

I guess its back to taking notes the old way. RIP EDMC

Update:
EDMC started working after i added inare API to EDMC, it still gave errors "500 Internal Server Error" during the process but afterwards it seemed to start accepting my elite login.

Can confirm it updated my "component list"

Last edited:
Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge.. via frontiers homepage = "500 Internal Server Error"

Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge.. via steam = "500 Internal Server Error"

Same here. Using EDMC 3.33, still no luck trying to log in. Everytime Frontier "updates" the cAPI, everything just stops working. Every. Single. Time.

Is there any workarounds for this? I've tried many browsers, disabled EDMC plugins, but still - no luck.

Forwarded:
Hello folks, I hope anyone can help me.

I have installed the newest versions of TCE (1.7.4.1) and EDMC (3.3.3.0). When I open TCE my Browser (Firefox) opens to a authentification site of Frontier. So far, so good, seems to be a new auth mechanism of Frontier. I log in with my usual credentials. After successful login, I click "Approve" for EDMC to start. Ok, so far all good.

But now comes the problem. In TCE under "Extensions/EDMC", I get a warning sign, that my credentials are wrong! Strange, as EDMC is running itself with no sign of an error.
When TCE wants to connect to EDMC (after starting the game or docking at a station) it always says "login error". Why that? It worked perfect before. Clicking the "Add Credential" button in the start screen of TCE, only opens the auth site in my browser.

Can anyone help me how to do it right with this new auth mechanism?
Thanks in advance for any help.

After updating to 3.36 - still CAN'T authenticate. No matter what browser I use I always get "Invalid Credentials", even though it shows EDMC as a "linked" app in the cAPI panel.

What is this? Why is it such a mess, everytime that FDev "updates" the API?
Anybody else still having problems?

After updating to 3.36 - still CAN'T authenticate. No matter what browser I use I always get "Invalid Credentials", even though it shows EDMC as a "linked" app in the cAPI panel.

What is this? Why is it such a mess, everytime that FDev "updates" the API?
Anybody else still having problems?

Same for me. And everytime I want to enter any of the 3 gamemodes from the main menu a new browsertab opens (tried it with Firefox and Chrome), I have to enter mail address and password, click the pictures in the Google captcha and approve (and THIS is the really annoying thing). As long as I'm in space EDMC says only "Logging in ..." and when I dock at any station it says "Error: Invalid Credentials".

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom